• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

snorting xanax

Ubu

Bluelighter
I have read on this board several schools of thought on snorting xanax. Some people seem to do it and swear by it as the best method of ingestion, while others say it is a waste of time as it ends up in the stomache anyways. My hope in posting this thread is to get as many opinions as possible, so please, if you have tried this, was the result worth it? Thanks in andvance

..... Dont snort pills. They contain binders & other nasty shit you dont want up your schnozz. Its also pointless.8( Im pretty sure all pharms are more active if swallowed than snorted. Mods????

Last edited:
What does mods???? mean?, Did I make a mistake in my question?

Now Ive heard 3 schools of thought on the subject 1. its a waste of time, 2. its by far the best method of ingenstion and 3. its dangerous due to binders and filler matter that can be damaging to the nose. I appreciate all of your help, Im still confused about what to do with this, but I trully appreciate you giving me your honest opinions.

snorting certains pills will work... but with xanax with only .5-2mg of active ingredient and the rest is filler/binder poop that will stuff up your nose and mucus membrance where your drugs go into..

with xanax, just swallow them.. it all works just the same.

Sniffing xanax is NOT a good way to take them, just swallow your pills. Xanax comes on fast when swallowed, you aren't going to get any kind of faster onset or rush from sniffing the pill. Don't do it, it's a waste of time and bad for your nose. Just swallow your pills.

Search, people!

Snorting works, it gives you a quick onset and peak, then drops off quickly. Oral gives a slower come up and plateau. Sublingual gives a mix of the two. Snorting isn't too efficient, but it does give strong effects for that short period of time.

bollweevil's first comment is the best: search, please. the oral bioavailability of xanax is MUCH to hich to snort it, sublingual is also a great MoA.

designed_reality said:
the oral bioavailability of xanax is MUCH to hich to snort it
I would really like to see bioavailability figures for alprazolam through routes other than oral... I'm not asking you for them, because I can't seem to find any; I'm just stating that seeing the figures would be nice.

yeah, i've seen them a few times linked through research papers...however i'm not sure how easy it'll be to obtain them now. let's keep searching and hopefully one of us can come with it (or someone else please link if you have them!) ;)

Man do I get sick of this question, or similar "Can I snort benzo X?" questions. UTFSE. Just swallow the damn pills.

your all right this has been done way too many times. and every time it is asked, you will get the same answers. the majority will tell you it doesnt work, then a few will chime in and tell you that it does work. the truth of the matter, it works, but it really is not very healthy to be inssufflating pills. water soluability has nothing to do with can it be snorted. benzos can be snorted and have near immediate effects, and that is really nice if you are having a panick attack. it is slightly faster and gives more of a rush than sublingual, but im not sure of the bioavailibility. again, snorting pills will fuck up your nose. pure beno powder would be fine to snort. snort the pills, suck on em, swallow em, stick em up your ass. it doesnt really matter just injest them however you like

Alprazolam is NOT water soluble, therefore it shouldn't dissolve and cross through your mucus membranes to enter the blood stream (At least not a high enough % to do much) If you are going to snort Xanax, it is likely you will have to do a much larger dosage to get the same amount into the blood stream. If you also look at the ratio of alprazolam to filler (assuming you're snorting xanax pills and not pure alprazolam powder) is just too low for it to be worthwhile vs. the damage you could do to your nose.

So in short, yes, snorting xanax WILL work, but it's not nearly as effective per mg, and can be damaging to your nose. If you're looking for a shorter onset, I recommend crushing and sticking under the tongue (if you can stand the god-awful taste), crushing and swallowing the powder, or crushing and dissolve it in 5ml of 2% whole milk. Suck it up using an oral syringe, and plug it. (It IS highly fat soluble, while not very water soluble, which is why snorting doesn't work as well.)

Ubu said:
I have read on this board several schools of thought on snorting xanax

Ubu said:
My hope in posting this thread is to get as many opinions as possible

look at the two sentences I quoted, Ubu. First you say you found several "schools of thought' (meaning several opinions) and now your asking for as many opinions as possible.

You alread found as many opinions as possible!

What compelled you to ask this question after youve already found your answers?

This is getting ridiculous.

Do not snort Xanax or any Benzo for that matter unless its Versed/Midazolam. Then you can shoot that if so inclined.

Here is a good article for yall.

http://www.panthrax.host.sk/snort_benzos.html

Link above is about intranasal use of Benzos and interesting.

http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/40/3/185

While there are no reports of nonenteral routes for buspirone, there are several benzodiazepines that can be administered intramuscularly or intravenously. There are a few reports on the use of sublingual benzodiazepines and many on rectal administration of benzodiazepines. Nasal administration of short-acting benzodiazepines (midazolam) are used for preanesthetic or anesthetic medication and can even be safely used in children.47 This route for psychiatric purposes is not reported.

A review paper on the rectal administration on diazepam concludes that this is an excellent alternative for the management of seizures.48 The author reviewed eight papers, which concluded that rectally administered intravenous diazepam reaches therapeutic levels in 5 to 10 minutes. Therapeutic levels were between 754 ng/mL and 98.5 ng/mL and were based on seizure control. According to this review, the recommended administration is undiluted diazepam intravenous solution inserted with a small syringe.

Sublingual administration is reported infrequently, but three papers on alprazolam and lorazepam indicate that this is an effective route. The pharmacokinetics of sublingual lorazepam were compared with intravenous, intramuscular, and oral lorazepam in 10 subjects.49 For sublingual and oral administration, patients were asked to fast overnight and then received two standard 1-milligram tablets that were held under the tongue for 15 minutes. Blood samples were drawn at 5 minutes and then at intervals up to 48 hours for the 10 subjects. The mean peak plasma concentration was 23.3 ng/mL for the sublingual dose vs. 24.9 ng/mL for the oral dose. Peak concentration occurred at 2.35 hours for the sublingual and 2.37 hours for the oral dose. The systemic availability was 94.1% sublingual and 99.8% oral. The authors conclude that sublingual lorazepam, given on an empty stomach, could be substituted for both oral and intramuscular lorazepam.

The kinetics of oral and sublingual alprazolam were studied in 13 fasting volunteers.50 A 1-milligram tablet was used for both the oral and sublingual administration, and blood samples were drawn at 5 minutes and then throughout a 48-hour period. The mean peak plasma concentration for the sublingual dose was 17.3 nanograms per milliliter and 14.4 nanograms per milliliter for the oral dose. Time of peak concentration was 1.17 hours sublingually and 1.73 hours orally. As with lorazepam, sublingual alprazolam is basically equivalent to the oral dose.

A third mention of sublingual lorazepam or alprazolam is from a letter to the editor and describes one author's experience.51 The author concludes that lorazepam or alprazolam tablets chewed or held under the tongue give patients relief from panic symptoms in as few as 2 minutes. There is no discussion of sample size or pharmacokinetics.

Last edited:
oc's are the best pills to snort in my opinion, xanax is not very effective as you've all said...mostly binder ;p

chew them for IR, better have a big drank, oral dosage is def the best method, because of all the filler going up your nose