• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

snorting xanax

Sniffing xanax is NOT a good way to take them, just swallow your pills. Xanax comes on fast when swallowed, you aren't going to get any kind of faster onset or rush from sniffing the pill. Don't do it, it's a waste of time and bad for your nose. Just swallow your pills.

When you "sniff" a xanax what does it smell like?=D

What does mods???? mean?, Did I make a mistake in my question?

yes, you've transgressed, and poorhousepunk or whatever his name is, will make his life almost worth living if he gets your thread closed.

beware of what you say. this place is teeming with bitter people, although it might be he's just a teenybopper and reacts to things like an amoeba shriveling when coming upon a grain of salt.....or something along those lines.

MODS!!!

snort whatever you like if it works for you. the binders will indeed make congestion a pretty problem, but no permanent damage will b e done unless youre snorting rat poison or boric acid. youll just be very very congested for like months and might require the services of a doctor where they'll stick tubes in your nose up to your frontal lobe and suck out everything that can be removed.

i think most people mistakenly equate snorting pills with IVing pills. If you IV improperly, pieces of pill get into your lungs, and that's as serious as can be. But snorting pills is not going to lead to removal of your nose..

MODS!!!!!!

sublingual XANAX kicks in noticeably faster than PO xanax....

if youre like me, and XANAX tastes sweet and pretty to you, try it. under the tongue, dont swallow, dont move the tongue, sit corpse-like for 15 minutes and it should kick in well, it might even take 10 minutes or so.

now watch...someone is going to chime in that SL method is not efficient because alprazolam is not water-soluble. don't listen to them.

there's a few studies on this. if youre really really interested, i can try to find the links to the text. most psychiatrists don't even know this. but good psychiatrists seem to always know it.

Some pills cannot be absorbed in the mucus membrane and will end up dripping into your stomach. Some pills are very soluble in your mucus membranes either with water or lipids...Not everything has to be water soluble to be snorted...

As far as Xanax ... It can be snorted (but so can salt) the effects are probably going to be lessened a little in duration although the come-on might be faster...

For people who don't have very much drug knowledge and cling on to two sentences they read online; something does not have to be water soluble to be snortable...

As is the case with many benzo's as they are soluble in lipids in your mucus membrane...However, the prepartion of such chemicals in small amounts surrounded by shitloads of fillers and binders in pill form hinders the process from being very effective as far as Xanax goes...

So for Xanax stick to eating it or chewing it or leaving it under your tongue as it has a fast rate of absortion as is and a good oral bioavalibility ... If you are having a freak panic attack and want it to come on 10 minutes faster put it up your nose i guess...It will work put not really best way to consume it..

If you have pure alp. powder and a microscale on the otherhand; hit me up and we can take bumps till we pass out Jk

^as for that..ya man...i don't know if you are new but typing in "snorting xanax" would have given you a million threads on this shit

The only time I snort Xanax is if I am totally fiending for real drugs and I have to trick my brain into thinking that I'm doing real drugs. Sometimes if you're in w/ds or if you're trying to be as sober as you can manage, you just have to do something that feels like doing real drugs.

Snorting's not a total waste of your Xs though. I mean, when I snort (and it's been a while), I definitely feel it even if it's 50% of what I'd feel if I administered orally. But still, if you're not utterly desperate, swallow them and don't waste your drugs.

I used to snort them but they tend to irritate my nose too much. I found the best way is to chew them up and drink a glass of water. They hit me harded and faster. Xanax do taste like shit tho.

Friends dont let friends snort benzos!

Snorting xanax reduces its bioavailability by up to 66% and no less than 33%. This depends on a number of factors such as mucusal membrane functionality, tolerance to triazolo Benzodiazepines with a heterocycline group unique to alprazolam (Xanax).

My suggestion is if you want the shit to hit ya quick then chew the pill and keep it under your tongue for five minutes, then just swallow what is left. It should take a mere 15 minutes to feel some effects. THE PROBLEM WITH SNORTING XANAX IS THAT IT IS NOT READILY H2O SOLUBLE.
Amphetamines and various Opiate Analgesics are completely water soluble and therefore pass through the membrane and cross the BBB with relative ease.

don't opiate analgesics also contain binders? you think 10mg of Adderall is all that's in the pill, for instance?10mg of pure amphetamine salts would be hard to see without a magnifying glass...what happens when you snort that....where do the binders go? I would love to know.

MODS!!!

Valium said:

Present. ;)

artaxerxes said:
The only time I snort Xanax is if I am totally fiending for real drugs and I have to trick my brain into thinking that I'm doing real drugs. Sometimes if you're in w/ds or if you're trying to be as sober as you can manage, you just have to do something that feels like doing real drugs.

Since when is Xanax not a real drug?

Valium said:
i think most people mistakenly equate snorting pills with IVing pills. If you IV improperly, pieces of pill get into your lungs, and that's as serious as can be. But snorting pills is not going to lead to removal of your nose..

I wouldn't be surprised if snorting pills could lead to a deviated septum.

Septum Deviatum

Present. ;)

Since when is Xanax not a real drug?

I wouldn't be surprised if snorting pills could lead to a deviated septum.

well, that all depends on what goes into the tablet that is being ground...as far as I know, theres not much irritants in the tablet as it has to be swallowed and make contact with mucous membranes. a deviated septum is unlikely methinketh, i think what the snorting community should watch out for is getting super astronomical congestion which will build up and will eventually make it impossible to breathe through the nose, which means you can;t sleep anymore and must away to hospital to have them probe your nose and other orifices (just in case) for a long, painful time...possibly via surgical means. compulsive snorting doesnt give time for the nasal mucosa to expel the insufflated matter and so the insufflated material builds and builds like a clogged artery until we take a ride down to the hospital and try to explain to mr. doctor the reason for this unexpected cessation of ability of using ones nose for respiration.

but deviated septum? i dont know....that happens from irritants, acidic substances, and all that. Cokeheads get the septum problems very often, after they use for a long time. What's the term when the cartilage betwixt your nostrils is eaten away and you just have one big nostril? I forget...:D

^ Yeah I forget as well, but it's nasty looking!

Now that I think more clearly about it, a deviated septum is unlikely yeah... the congestion problems you mentioned would likely be an issue, but I still remember reading somewhere about other damage caused by snorting pills. I'll have to go find the article or whatever it was and find out exactly what the problems were. But yeah, probably dependant on what exactly is in your favorite tablet to snort.

Note that there can be a valid reason for wanting to snort a benzo (rather than drink it or put it under your tongue), and that's if you are vomiting/nauseating. This is often the case on a come-down when one has done too much and needs tranquilizing.

Can I snort xanax?

Bluelight : Shut up Matt! I'm stick of xanax snort Q's!

ME I know but I''m not feeling 3 bars (6mg) orally.. BEcause my liver is filtering most of it out (being doing benzos for the past 4days)

So I figured snorting would be a better idea for now since it bypasses the liver.. Good idea right? I dont let it trip and im only doing 1mg snort.

Sorry mods if I annoyed you (sonic, evolutioned mind) but I have never asked a snort xanax question and help alot of ppl on this site so no flaming..

save the flaming and rudeness to people who are deserving.

as JC or 6part7

Thanks! (I hope)

Dude..... for fucks' sake..... xanax is not bioavailable for SHIT insufflated, other than what drips down your throat. Snorting it is essentially cutting your dose down. So don't.

Sounds like you are blacked out on Xanax already. Snorting Xanax is just stupid.

Bluelight : Shut up Matt! I'm stick of xanax snort Q's!

ME I know but I''m not feeling 3 bars (6mg) orally.. BEcause my liver is filtering most of it out (being doing benzos for the past 4days)

So I figured snorting would be a better idea for now since it bypasses the liver.. Good idea right? I dont let it trip and im only doing 1mg snort.

Sorry mods if I annoyed you (sonic, evolutioned mind) but I have never asked a snort xanax question and help alot of ppl on this site so no flaming..

save the flaming and rudeness to people who are deserving.

as JC or 6part7

Thanks! (I hope)
been doing benzos for the past 3 days and you cant feel 3 bars?!?!
your stupid, you should EASILY feel it, why even bother poppin bars if they dont work??

I thought that I mentioned I have been doing benzos all week at high doses. Why being so mean?

I am sober..

If im so fucked up then why did you consider losing xanax in your liver after tolerance. Dont fuck with me yall I'll take it to the bitter end when people are douches to me...

picture008zx9.jpg

Sorry for being defensive, I know yall get sick of snorting xanax questions, but I had a valid question. As a token of my apology, please accept a sneak peak of my new photoshop experiment. It is in the first stage - sketch.

Last edited: