• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

opiate withdrawls & prescription meds

^ Yep, blondie's got it.

It's also worth knowing that Sertraline is a p-glyco protein inhibitor- so you can get high on loperamide with it's help.

if you're masochistic, that is.

^OT, but please explain? I have about 120 x 100mg sertraline tabs lying around that someone gave to me, but I've never thought you could use them recreationally, even synergistically. Would they help with anything else?

^OT, but please explain? I have about 120 x 100mg sertraline tabs lying around that someone gave to me, but I've never thought you could use them recreationally, even synergistically. Would they help with anything else?

Sertraline isn't recreational. If you look through the CYP450 chart, you'll find a list of substrates, inhibitors and inducers for liver enzymes. Substrates are molecules that are metabolized by that particular enzyme. The inhibitors will reduce the action of that enzyme, and and the inducers will cause that enzyme to work better.

Sertraline will extend the effects of drugs that are primarily metabolized by CYP2D6.

As for Ham's comment, he means that loperamide isn't a recreational opioid because if it does get into the brain, it's moved out by the p-glyco protein transporter. Sertraline inhibits the action of this transporter, and therefore if you took large enough doses of loperamide it could quite possibly have an effect. Of course, you're shit would be backed up for a month though. 8o

Of course there are those small benefits of using sertraline (we're not talking about anti-d use here), balanced against the fact it will make many psychedelics and MDMA not work properly. :\

The best thing for WITDRAWAL is TRAMADOL because it is a VERY WEAK OPIATE........and after using a realitively low dose for three months.......and then tapering off for another two weeks........you will be ok......unless you have been on SUBOXONE for a long time.....then you want to switch to something like a low dose of METHADONE for a YEAR then back to tramadol for 3 months...........also IMMODIUM AD which the active ingredient....LOPERMIADE.???? spelling.....is ACTUALLY an OPIATE AGONIST which binds to receptors in the GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT and relieves all the discomfort associated with it IT DOESNT pass the blood brain barier though! SO TRAMADOL and Immodium........are a good way to go for 90 days........but dont take IMMODIUM for that long maybe 3 weeks the most.......but stay on tramadol for 90 days.

I definitely agree with the clonidine. I have it rx'ed for anxiety, but I notice that if I am feeling slightly withdrawl-y it totally helps. Im only on .2mg twice a day, but I have taken up to 2 of those twice a day and been really satisfied with the result. Definitely worth looking into

clonidine works with anxiety man for real! Dont use Xanax like everybody else and come off of that too! Been there done that! And I dont ever take Xanax. Ever!