• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug Policy Discussion, Research Papers, New Laws, Misc.

i have a very reliable hook-up 7-11 sells me as much menthol smokes as i can carry

New set of emergency scheduling of many fentanyl a an

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2851/text/ih?overview=closed&format=txt

Just came across this doozey... About to read through it, but it looks bad.

If anyone is ordering these new analogs be aware if they are going to be banned as you will be too stock up to ween off when you are cut off. There's no promise they will always have another useful analog to make. In seriously wondering what happens when they run out do they just sell illegal stuff out in the open? I can't help to wonder.

Edit : most of it is legal language that sounds pretty intense changes in the analog act saying anything considered stronger than a schedule I-V drug in any stimulant, depressive, or psychedelic effect essentially banning everything, but deliriant type drugs as there anti inflammatory drugs and anti biotics exist in that category so... Unless I'm mistaken anything compared to those would be a schedule A drug punishable by law enforced jail time.... Imagine that for sniffing caffeine pills or huffing dust off. Dehuminization of drug users indeed
``(1) 4-fluoroisobutyryl fentanyl.
``(2) Valeryl fentanyl.
``(3) 4-methoxybutyryl fentanyl.
``(4) 4-methylphenethyl acetyl fentanyl.
``(5) 3-furanyl fentanyl.
``(6) Ortho-fluorofentanyl.
``(7) Tetrahydrofuranyl fentanyl.
``(8) Ocfentanil.
``(9) 4-fluorobutyryl fentanyl.
``(10) Methoxyacetyl fentanyl.
``(11) Meta-fluorofentanyl.
``(12) Isobutyryl fentanyl.
``(13) Acryl fentanyl.''.

Last edited:
How many more analogues could they come up with? Seems like there is a new one every week. I guess if they do run out, they'll just illegally sell whatever is the most profitable.

This law essentially allows the attorney general to schedule drugs as he sees fit as long as it has a similar structure to any scheduled drug and is at least potentially psychoactive. This could be a huge blow to the legal NPS market if it is used extensively. It remains to be seen whether or not Sessions will use this to schedule huge swathes of drugs or just those that are getting a lot of media attention.

Jesus...I wonder how many of those analogs are going around..iirc those fake perc tens that killed a bunch of ppl had cyclopropylfent? I know it was one I've never heard of before. I've had acetyl fent and furanyl fent, these others tho sound like chemistry experiments..

I have doubts that they will ever put the analog cat bag in the bag. Most of these are just so cheap to make that I think they will eventually replace heroin. It's much more difficult to track down a lab then it is to track down a giant field of poppies

This law essentially allows the attorney general to schedule drugs as he sees fit as long as it has a similar structure to any scheduled drug and is at least potentially psychoactive. This could be a huge blow to the legal NPS market if it is used extensively. It remains to be seen whether or not Sessions will use this to schedule huge swathes of drugs or just those that are getting a lot of media attention.
So I was right that they can essentially name anything more psychoactive than say tryptophan surprisingly schedule 4 making any tryptamine a analog of at least a schedule 4 if it's far enough from any of the more regular compounds that are not common in structure to dmt

The Canadian government has scheduled all analogues of aminorex, including 4,4'-dimethylaminorex:

Order Amending Schedule III to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Aminorex)

Amendments

1 Item 18 of Schedule III to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act is repealed.

2 Item 27 of Schedule III to the Act is replaced by the following:

27 Aminorex (5-phenyl-4,5-dihydro-1,3-oxazol-2-amine), its salts, derivatives, isomers and analogues and salts of derivatives, isomers and analogues, including

(1) 4-Methylaminorex (4-methyl-5-phenyl-4,5- dihydro-1,3-oxazol-2-amine)

(2) 4,4'-Dimethylaminorex (4-methyl-5-(4- methylphenyl)-4,5-dihydro-1,3-oxazol-2-amine)

Coming into Force

3 This Order comes into force on the day on which it is published in the Canada Gazette, Part II [December 13th, 2017].

Read the full document here.

Last edited:
The Canadian government has scheduled U-47700 and its analogues, along with a precursor to U-47700:

1 Schedule I to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act is amended by adding the following after item 25:

26 U-47700 (3,4-dichloro-N-(2-(dimethylamino)cyclohexyl)-N-methylbenzamide), its salts, derivatives, isomers and analogues, and salts of derivatives, isomers and analogues, including

(1) Bromadoline (4-bromo-N-(2-(dimethylamino)cyclohexyl)benzamide)

(2) U-47109 (3,4-dichloro-N-(2-(dimethylamino)cyclohexyl)benzamide)

(3) U-48520 (4-chloro-N-(2-(dimethylamino)cyclohexyl)-N-methylbenzamide)

(4) U-50211 (N-(2-(dimethylamino)cyclohexyl)-4-hydroxy-N-methylbenzamide)

(5) U-77891 (3,4-dibromo-N-methyl-N-(1-methyl-1-azaspiro[4.5]decan-6-yl)benzamide)

2 Part 1 of Schedule VI to the Act is amended by adding the following after item 30:

31 N1,N1,N2-trimethylcyclohexane-1,2-diamine and its salts

Coming into Force

3 This Order comes into force on the day on which it is published in the Canada Gazette, Part II [December 27th, 2017].

Read the full document here.

I would give an arm and a leg to render the DEA null and void. Heck, I'd even throw in an ear.

The Canadian government is proposing to schedule a series of precursors and a fentanyl analogue:

Government of Canada said:
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH

CONTROLLED DRUGS AND SUBSTANCES ACT

Notice to interested parties -- Proposed Governor in Council Order amending schedules I and VI to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and proposed regulations amending the schedules to the Narcotic Control Regulations and the Precursor Control Regulations to capture additional substances used in the production of fentanyls and amphetamines

This notice provides interested stakeholders with the opportunity to provide comments on Health Canada's intent to amend the following schedules to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) and its relevant regulations.

Schedule I to the CDSA

- Adding "4-Anilino-N-phenethylpiperidine (ANPP) (N-phenyl-1-(2-phenylethyl)piperidine-4-amine), its salts, derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues" as subitem (14) under item 16

Schedule VI to the CDSA

- Expanding item 9, Part 1, to include "and its derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues, including:

(1) methyl 3-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-methyloxirane-2-carboxylate (MMDMG)"

- Expanding item 11, Part 1, to include "and its derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues, including:

(1) methyl 2-methyl-3-phenyloxirane-2-carboxylate (BMK methyl glycidate)
(2) 3-oxo-2-phenylbutanamide (alpha-phenylacetoacetamide-APAA)"

- Expanding item 28, Part 1, to include "and its derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues"

- Adding "Benzylfentanyl (N-(1-benzylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylpropionamide), its salts, derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues" as a new item in Part 1

Schedule to the Narcotic Control Regulations (NCR)

- Adding "4-Anilino-N-phenethylpiperidine (ANPP) (N-phenyl-1-(2-phenylethyl)piperidine-4-amine), its salts, derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues" as subitem (14) under item 15

Schedule to the Precursor Control Regulations (PCR)

- Expanding item 10 to include "and its derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues, including:

(1) methyl 3-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-methyloxirane-2-carboxylate (MMDMG)"

- Expanding item 13 to include "and its derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues, including:

(1) methyl 2-methyl-3-phenyloxirane-2-carboxylate (BMK methyl glycidate)
(2) 3-oxo-2-phenylbutanamide (α-phenylacetoacetamide-APAA)

- Expanding item 29 in Column 1 to include "and its derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues"

- Adding "Benzylfentanyl (N-(1-benzylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylpropionamide), its salts, derivatives, and analogues and salts of derivatives and analogues" as a new item in Column 1 and indicating "0" in Column 2

See the original document (with background) here.

Wow, this is really ambitious. They are trying to add an analogue provisions to the following precursors: 3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl-2-propanone (MDP2P), 1-phenyl-2-propanone (P2P), norfentanyl, and benzylfentanyl. This is not something I have ever seen attempted before in any jurisdiction. Canada already has some of the most nebulous analogue laws and this has got to be the worst of it yet. The case of P2P is the most troublesome. They list methyl 2-methyl-3-phenyloxirane-2-carboxylate (BMK methyl glycidate) and 3-oxo-2-phenylbutanamide (APAA) as analogues of P2P. The Controlled Drugs and Substances Act defines an analogue as a compound that "has a substantially similar chemical structure" to a controlled substance. How many compounds are out there, in use by academic and industrial chemists, that have more structural similarity to P2P than BMK methyl glycidate or APAA do? Likely thousands. If this law is instituted, those compounds would then all technically be controlled precursors, regardless of whether they have any potential to be used to produce illicit drugs or their analogues in a clandestine manner. What a mess. The one bright side is that this law would probably never be used to actually convict someone of an offence for having sold an "analogue" of a controlled precursor without the proper licensing. Prosecutors likely know that the analogue provisions are highly vulnerable to being declared "void for vagueness" and struck down in court. However, it would likely be used to justify the arbitrary seizure of chemicals at the border whenever Health Canada feels like it, as this is what the current analogue provisions tend to be used for.

Last edited:
A notice came out today from Health Canada, proposing the scheduling of tramadol, O-desmethyltramadol, and N,O-didesmethyltramadol:

Amendment
1 Schedule I to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act is amended by adding the following after item 26:
  • 27 Tramadol (2-[(dimethylamino)methyl]-1-(3-methoxyphenyl)cyclohexanol), its salts, isomers and salts of isomers and the following derivatives of tramadol and the salts, isomers and salts of isomers of these derivatives:
    • (1) O-desmethyltramadol (3-[2[(dimethylamino)methyl]-1-hydroxycyclohexyl]-phenol)
    • (2) N,O-didesmethyltramadol (3-[1-hydroxy-2-[(methylamino)methyl]cyclohexyl]-phenol)

Currently, tramadol is prescription-only but it completely unscheduled, so, for instance, "research chemical" vendors can sell the bulk powder legally.

This has been kicked around for many years and they've backed out on scheduling it in the past, so it's still not a sure thing.

i want to go out on the street like those crazy jesus people do at town squares yelling at everyone about how fucked our drug policy is

Schedule 1?????? I've never seen tramadol abuse as being a problem. Any of the hard core opioid users in my hood prefer oxycodone, hydromorphone, morphine, or "WCP" (a little jpke, West Coast Powder heroin, aka a mixture of fentanyl, heroin, and caffeine, 1-10% fentanyl, 5-25% heroin, and the balance caffeine - sometimes with no heroin at all...). Even the lowly Tylenol 3 is prefered among users. You'd have a hard time giving tramadol away for free.

Now, O-desmethyl-tramadol, that's at least an abusable/"strong" opioid... but it's expensive and not neccesarily abundant on the streets. And N,O-didesmethyl-tramadol isn't even an active opioid when taken I.V. (see US20020032239A1) so the only reason it's gonna get scheduled is to prevent people converting it to O-DT with a 1-step reaction. (give yourself a pat on the back and 5 Sekio Points if you know which one)

And making a stink about 7 hospital cases a year, across the whole ~35 million people in Canada - talk about mountains out of molehills.
Da Law said:
Between 2006 and 2017, tramadol is suspected to have contributed to 71 adverse events related to problematic use, dependence or withdrawal reported in Canada,

What a joke. If this is supposed to be an effort to stop the opioid crisis it's going to have the opposite effect. What do you think all the people prescribed tram are going to do? How about the people who abuse tram? They certainly aren't going to just drop it and deal with the pain/withdrawal. You'll only see more people either switching Rx's to classic opiates like codeine and more abuse of the fentanyl-laced heroin and more demand for diverted oxycodone and hydromorphone. (Another victory for prohibition.)

And what about veterinary use? i know it's fairly popular to stop pain in pets and livestock.

I should write my MLA or whoever. You should too, if you're reading this as a Canadian resident.

Maybe Canada should do something about all those online pharmacies selling counterfeit meds made in China instead of trying to ban a medicine that isn't a problem. I guess there'll be more fake oxys filled with fent going around.