• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug Policy Discussion, Research Papers, New Laws, Misc.

And so continues the cat and mouse game of scheduling and creation of new substances in this truely pointless never ending war on society.

*ding ding!*

And now folks, our winner - with 883 posts and a sense of rationality- TheRapperGoneBad!

Ive seen people seriously lose it after experiencing these strong partial and/or full CB1/2 agonists... It can be quite unnerving. However, i think that their temporary scheduling provides quite an impetus for clandestine chemists to devise even newer, and even more novel, families of synthetic cannabinoids whose effects may be MORE dangerous and LESS predictable.

Although, as if that werent going to happen regardless 8)

^ ya mean cathinones?
Confusing, this alphabet soup business.
And so it goes on...lets see what toxic sludge gets peddled next.
Seems like the USA was a little slow on the uptake with this one, I'm guessing it was more state-by-state legislation?
Does make me wonder how catch-all these analogue laws are in a court of law if so many are being specifically scheduled.
Too complicated for law enforcement?

^^^ yeah, it's funny how they keep on banning drugs with at least a tiny bit of a safety profile so that new, possibly more dangerous and virtually unknown drugs can be released to the public

once again good work war on drugs for keeping us helpless citizens safe and away from the dangers of the evil drugs :/

^ Its much easier to ban something than to make a federal case on the analog act and have it stick here.

The individual states did ban the cannabinoids one by one but the cathinones were scheduled in far fewer states before they were banned.

I miss methylone though. Really sucks that mephedrone took that one down with it. The rest of them. Meh, no loss.

The government can't possibly keep up. I guarantee you these labs have a whole line of new chemicals waiting in the lurch. These chemists may be shady but they're not stupid.

I was just talking to my girlfriend today about the first time I ordered methylone. I didn`t really know what to expect but I was excited when I got that golden envelope with a half gram from some german company.
After being totally blown away that I could buy this online I must have bought it 5 more times before my GF finally gave it a shot.
We ended up doing methylone exclusively and gave up on mdma after being ripped off too many times on bunk gear. For us methylone was a great couples drug. Other than the shorter duration compared to mdma we were very happy with it.
How could we have known 5 -6 years later it would gain so much attention that it would be banned?
I guess all good things must come to an end.....booooo.

You guys are right though,banning won`t solve anything. We will just be offered less tested,more randomly invented chemicals to fill the void. Then people will suffer the end results.

The government can't possibly keep up. I guarantee you these labs have a whole line of new chemicals waiting in the lurch. These chemists may be shady but they're not stupid.

This lol

It's actually fun to watch these idiots play cat n mouse like someone above said. For every chem they ban probably 2 new ones are invented and ready to go.

I guess unlike most others I've always been a big fan of the synthetic cathinones...I've tried 6 out of the 10 listed and enjoyed majority of them, although certainly not as much as the mephedrone/methylone days. I gave up on mdma at the time as well in favor of methylone. Im glad I caught this on the forum...Im usually not much of an RC person, so I often don't notice these kinda things, but the β-ketones were always my favorite and generally the only RC's I put effort into obtaining. At least it doesn't look like its taking effect for a few weeks.

as I said in a thread about the ban of synthetic cannabinoids..
it's funny how they keep on banning drugs with at least a tiny bit of a safety profile so that new, possibly more dangerous and virtually unknown drugs can be released to the public

once again good work war on drugs for keeping us helpless citizens safe and away from the dangers of the evil drugs :/

Methamphetamine trafficking increases, new psychoactive substances flood markets

Methamphetamine trafficking increases, new psychoactive substances flood markets, according to new UNODC report
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
May 20th, 2014

Synthetic drugs are taking an ever-greater share of the illicit drugs market, according to a new report by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). New psychoactive substances (NPS) are also flooding a market for synthetic drugs long dominated by amphetamine-type stimulants (ATS), such as ecstasy and methamphetamine, which are more widely used than cocaine, opium or heroin.

"There is a dynamic and unprecedented global expansion of the synthetic drugs market both in scope and variety", said Jean-Luc Lemahieu, Director for Policy Analysis and Public Affairs at UNODC. "New substances are quickly created and marketed, challenging law enforcement efforts to keep up with the traffickers and curb public health risks."

Rates of methamphetamine seizures are higher than ever across the world, largely driven by the rise in seizures in East and South-East Asia as well as in North America, according to the 2014 Global Synthetic Drugs Assessment . Methamphetamine, which can seriously harm users, continues to spread in Asia, posing a growing challenge to health care providers and drug control authorities dealing with large youthful populations. Methamphetamine supply grew rapidly in Asia, already the largest market for ATS, between 2008 and 2012 when methamphetamine seizures tripled to 36 tons.

New international supply channels are linking formerly regional ATS markets. Supply routes to Asia, the largest market for ATS and ecstasy worldwide, have emerged from West Africa and the Americas, supplementing methamphetamine manufacture in Asia. West Africa seems to be becoming a trans-shipment point for methamphetamine trafficked to East and South-East Asia via South Africa or Europe. Since 2009, about 86 per cent of ATS originating from West Africa seized at Western European and Japanese airports were destined mainly for Japan as well as Malaysia. Turkey may also be emerging as a transit point for methamphetamine smuggled from Western Asia to East and South-East Asia.

The report confirmed signs of an expansion of the use and manufacture of ATS in Europe already observed in 2011. Methamphetamine seems to be replacing amphetamine, particularly in Eastern Europe and the Baltics. Amphetamine continues to be the main ATS used in the Middle East.

Read the full report here.

Hydrocodone soon to be Schedule II in the U.S.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2014/fr0822.htm

SUMMARY: The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) proposes to reschedule hydrocodone combination products from schedule III to schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act. This proposed action is based on a rescheduling recommendation from the Assistant Secretary for Health of the Department of Health and Human Services and an evaluation of all other relevant data by the DEA. If finalized, this action would impose the regulatory controls and administrative, civil, and criminal sanctions applicable to schedule II controlled substances on persons who handle (manufacture, distribute, dispense, import, export, engage in research, conduct instructional activities, or possess) or propose to handle hydrocodone combination products.

This rule is effective October 6, 2014.

This is great exactly what the US needs; more demonization of opiates which actually help people with legit pain. What an awesome progressive step.

Now maybe these people will realize they are not in pain and were always just junkies.

This is great exactly what the US needs; more demonization of opiates which actually help people with legit pain. What an awesome progressive step.

Now maybe these people will realize they are not in pain and were always just junkies.

Junkies have given opiates a bad name...

Junkies have given opiates a bad name...
In a sense, i suppose your statement is correct. But aren't those who have information broadcast upon the otherwise uninvolved majority of people more at fault for opiates "bad name"?
Now, however, the establishment is making every hydrocodone user fall into the same category as users of cocaine and methamphetamine. This "demonizes" the legal, justified consumer of the (arguably) weakest opiod, hydrocodone, and places further stigma upon the legal, justified user of hydrocodone. What are dentists going to give you now when you get a root canal? Ibuprofen? Awesome.