• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug Policy Discussion, Research Papers, New Laws, Misc.

Considering that these are significantly more dangerous than LSD, at least according to my own research on these compounds, it doesn't surprise me that they should end up being prohibited drugs. I concur with f33lg00d, if LSD is prohibited then the nBOMes ought to be illegal too. I tried 25I-nBOMe and it was not nice, very unpleasant trip overall, nice at the beginning but then got really ugly with paranoia and hyperexcitation and agitation, and for what it's worth I could have easily killed someone in a psychotic rage had I been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Dangerous stuff and I'd advise anyone thinking about tinkering with these to be extremely careful with dosing/setting if they are going to do it or better still avoid them altogether. Maybe LSD will make a comeback since these synthetic hallucinogens are now banned as the case may be. nBOMes make LSD look comparatively benign in terms of toxicity and the characteristics of the trips experienced when using them.

Ive been out of the hallucinogen RC community for a while and only recently got back into researching and reading about the new compounds. When I first heard about the NBome's a few years ago, a fellow psychonaut actually brought some to my place so he could safely measure doses and mix up some liquid doses. I was completely blown away that these chemicals were active at sub milligram ranges. He offered me a few doses for free but i didnt accept. I have never tried any or owned any and im kinda glad I avoided them as they mostly sound like dangerous drugs. I am all for research and experimentation but this stuff is just too potent to be floating around and getting into the hands of uninformed people. With lsd if you take too much it can be bad but unless you do something stupid the drug its self wont really hurt you. However, it sounds like these drugs can be toxic and even fatal if too much is ingested.

But that's what happens when you make new drugs illegal, they made all the 2C-X drugs illegal so people sought new drugs and found these super potent analogues. If the 2C-X drugs were still legal i dont think many people would go for these. It's all about what can be imported and distributed "legally" even if its not really legal people can get away with it until it is definitely illegal. I just worry about what is gonna be next now that they are going after these drugs. Im not a chemist so i dont know if you can further modify these chemicals to create a new analogues. But if not then someone will surely find something to peddle. Sure wish we could end the drug war and just treat people like humans instead of cattle.

If I was into scheduling and making drugs illegal, Nbome's would def be on that list. I hear so many glowing reports, and my experience wasn't terrible, but I also hear so many horror stories. I don't know why, but it seems that some Nbome's make people psychotic.

If I was into scheduling and making drugs illegal, Nbome's would def be on that list. I hear so many glowing reports, and my experience wasn't terrible, but I also hear so many horror stories. I don't know why, but it seems that some Nbome's make people psychotic.

ALL psychedelics can make people psychotic and no one should ever argue in favor of drug prohibition laws.

I agree with bloodshed, prohibition only hurts people. If these drugs were legal and had a regulated distribution pattern and age restrictions the deaths and over doses could be mitigated or prevented. However, this stuff being passed off as LSD and sold to people with no knowledge of the dangers these chemicals pose, therefore people are being hurt or killed. If people do their homework, have proper equipment to measure out doses, and follow safety procedures then they should be allowed to take the risk of experimenting with these compounds. People who have no understanding of the nature of research chemical experimentation should not have access to these chemicals. Regulation could save so many lives where as prohibition creates the environment we see where unscrupulous people lie about what they are distributing and sell to the underage.

I think the way it should work is that there should be a licensing system for selling and taking drugs. You could get a license from an organization to sell the chemicals but you could only sell them to people with a license to use them. You could go to the same organization and get a license to ingest drugs. A potential applicant would have to learn about the drug they want to take. Learn dosage, safety, method of administration, and any other relevant information related to the drug. After passing a test based on this knowledge a person could get a certificate that grants them the right to legally possess and use the drug. However, they cant sell unless they have a sellers license. It would basically be the same way alcohol is regulated except for having an extra step for the end user. I think it could work if the organization running this system was honest with people and dealt with the issue in a medical fashion rather than criminal. There could still be criminal penalties for unlicensed sale and providing to minors or unlicensed individuals. Additionally, the cost of getting a license could fund treatment programs for people that are truly addicted and are having problems functioning. If these drugs were available legally with medical grade purity and reasonable prices then being addicted would not be so damaging to a person. If their use got out of hand and they caused problems for other people then sure they could face criminal penalties but I think this system could really solve most of the problems with the drug situation.

Drugs are never going to go away, you can never stop demand and you can never stop supply. Regulation will save lives. The taxes collected from legal drug sales could reduce national debt or be used to fund social programs to deal with the causes and symptoms of drug abuse. It really could be a self sustaining system if people would let it happen. Hell the Silk Road apparently made something like a billion dollars, think of all the good that money could do if even a portion was being invested in helping people instead of going to drug lords and corrupt police and politicians.

Last edited:
I'd say this would be good, but it's only going to push people onto NBOHMBMD/other analogues :\

hopefully people will take the hint and shift focus to other, less dangerous, psychedelics.

As long as lsd is illegal, I'd like to see these illegal too. Maybe now the market won't be over saturated with this crap.

The bath salts that got banned just ended up in pressed molly pills. I have no reason to believe the nbomes being banned will be destroyed either and we will see them ending up in one place, the LSD supply. This law and the demise of SR means there is alot of Nbomes out there looking for a market.

I'd say this would be good, but it's only going to push people onto NBOHMBMD/other analogues :\

hopefully people will take the hint and shift focus to other, less dangerous, psychedelics.
Hopefully the DEA will take the hint and legalize LSD.

As long as lsd is illegal, I'd like to see these illegal too. Maybe now the market won't be over saturated with this crap.
Whenever chemicals are banned they tend to be sold at a much lower price to get rid of stock, I'm sure someone has the idea to stock up and sell it as LSD. If you do this your a dick but as an example I bought 10 tabs at a reduced just before the UK ban and got 15 free. I wonder how much I would have got if I got 100 or more. Sorry if this is considered pricing but this could be even worse for the acid scene at least short term. Now would be the time to buy some test kits if you like LSD.

Hopefully this ban pushes people to using AL-LAD/LSZ if thats your thing as these seem at least a little safer than the NBOMes, but then again this doesn't cover the other NBOMes, 25N/25E/25P(not sure if the last ones available but would make sense if it follows the 2C family). These are probably covered by the analogue act come to think about it but not specifically scheduled, US law is not my strong point so maybe wrong, couldn't you still sell them(25N/E) if they are not specifically scheduled?

Shame, I never got to try 25B!
25B was my favorite of the ones I tried, but I'm not really sad to see it "go", theres better and safer trips.

Hopefully the DEA will take the hint and legalize LSD.
DEA, legalize, anything, you must be joking how else would they make a living arrest people for growing a plant? oh wait.

Sure these NBOMes are really cheap right now due to the eminent ban, but once those last batches of tabs get distributed I don't see anybody illicitly producing them. They seem to be some of the most disliked of rc psychedelics and are one of the few that can be fatal - why risk producing it when other illegal psys are in higher demand and demand higher prices. I'm sure that NBOHs will replace their niche (cheap grey legality drugs evil assholes sell as acid) as much as I'd prefer al-lad or lsz too. I always test LSD before I buy it anyways. Now I'm not one to endorse prohibition, I think all drugs should be legalized, but in our messed up system with LSD illegal I don't want super cheap dangerous drugs available to profiteering scum.

Sure these NBOMes are really cheap right now due to the eminent ban, but once those last batches of tabs get distributed I don't see anybody illicitly producing them. They seem to be some of the most disliked of rc psychedelics and are one of the few that can be fatal - why risk producing it when other illegal psys are in higher demand and demand higher prices. I'm sure that NBOHs will replace their niche (cheap grey legality drugs evil assholes sell as acid) as much as I'd prefer al-lad or lsz too. I always test LSD before I buy it anyways. Now I'm not one to endorse prohibition, I think all drugs should be legalized, but in our messed up system with LSD illegal I don't want super cheap dangerous drugs available to profiteering scum.

Well NBOMes are pretty cheap in general which is probably why its sold as acid in the first place, but what I was try to say is that if someone has bulk storage of NBOMes they could be around for a while especially if they are cheap I mean 1kg is like 1,000,000 doses. Also NBOMes are legal in a lot of places outside of the US. This means they could still be produced somewhere else and shipped to anywhere in the world and with its low dosage and high profits when sold as acid could see just that. Also I'm not sure but I imagine dogs aren't trained to sniff out nbome chemicals either.

From what I've seen most of the horror stories with the NBOMes seem to be black market, sold to people who don't know what they are doing or taking, this ban is just gonna make things worse, not to mention the next series of chems coming onto the market. At least when it was legal you could get a tab that said how much nbome you where taking now you have to just trust a dealer and hope he knows how to lay blotters properly or the powder you got isn't active under 1mg, whether you looking for LSD or NBOMe or any drug(white powder) really this is just bad for drug users.

Really governments just need to stop banning everything under the sun, we wouldn't even use the NBOMes if the 2C series was still legal, hell we probably wouldn't even use those if LSD, shrooms etc. where legal in the first place.

Everyone buy a test kit. I'm seeing a lot of fake acid in the next years.

Great. Not being sarcastic seriously its the first time in my life i approve of somethinmg the dea does and this is it, fuck NBOMES

Happy to hear about this as well, these are not safe.

Yeah NBOMes are not really safe drugs, but how does banning them/putting them into the black market solve anything?

Just fuck htem, they shouldnt exist. Worst psychdelic ever. BAnning mite discourage seeling it as a cid to sell real cid or something less harmful at least

Yeah NBOMes are not really safe drugs, but how does banning them/putting them into the black market solve anything?

It will at least pave the way for people to instead import probably less dangerous ultrapotent psychedelics from China, eg LAD derivatives, for fear of prosecution

Even DOx drugs appear quite a bit safer than these, and I hate those with a passion.

I think the ideal situation is that the DEA would legalize most psychedelics except the NBOMe's. I believe the point of the government should be to try and protect people when it makes reasonable sense, e.g. to restrict the sale of Uncle Jimmy's 10% methanol bathtub gin while allowing the sale of less toxic ethanol only spirits.