• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

It should work well for that. The one time I took DOM (the time you mention below, the dose was 4mg) I took some pure psilocin at the tail end of it, and it made for a good launchpoint. Hopefully you react better to DOM than I did, the bodyload for me was severe...far worse than the few hours of 'body kink' I get from 2C-E. As you note, it varies from person to person as seemingly all the shulgin psychedelics do.

My idea is to use DOM as a gateway for the other tryptamine, keeping a low dose to see how I personally react to it. Some people reports DOM as sometimes being psychedelically 'neutral', I remember MGS reported negatively about it (about the stimulation), that's why I would like to start low (as well because it's my first time with DOM). He was comparing it to 2C-E but with an extended duration and negative psychotomimetic effects. I personally enjoy 2C-E and don't notice the body load, but I know plenty of users that feel exactly the opposite.

Anyone have an idea of how long the tolerance lasts? 3 weeks ago I took 10mg, about 4 days later I took 15mg and it felt very weak. It's been 2 weeks since the 15mg dose, would it be fine to take it again or should I wait another week?

I agree, LSD and DOM was a beautiful, warm and relaxed trip for me. Ive always been underwhelmed by DOM alone, my highest dose was 15mg and I barely got anything from it, equivalent to half of one of the LSD blotter I have right now.

Hey fellas, I've read this entire thread + Erowid + reddit, but to be honest it doesn't tell me that much about DOM's visuals or headspace. If someone who's got some experience with DOM could describe it a bit more? Obviously with psychedelics there's really only so much you can say, but if anybody has anything to add I'd love to hear it.

Hey fellas, I've read this entire thread + Erowid + reddit, but to be honest it doesn't tell me that much about DOM's visuals or headspace. If someone who's got some experience with DOM could describe it a bit more? Obviously with psychedelics there's really only so much you can say, but if anybody has anything to add I'd love to hear it.

DOM's headspace = psychotomimetic
DOM's visuals = crappier version of 2C-E.

Of course I only tried it the one time.

Really, you guys were underwhelmed by DOM? I had a fairly strong, beautiful experience from 5mg (tabs marked as such).

Clear, peaceful headspace, similar to LSD. Visuals involved a lot of pattern overlays. My favorite visual from the experience was when my friend and I were walking around a neighborhood late at night, and were about to turn down a street... when we both saw a HUGE, complex spiderweb. Literally covered the entire entrance to that block, and tall too. We both saw it. We didn't walk up close to it... we turned around and walked down a different street.
I mean, to be fair, it could have been real, but I doubt it.

hi, bluelight noob here, thanks for the long dom thread.

I did 5mg of dom for the first time last night and had a great time. For me it was similar to a sub 100mic acid trip in terms of body high and visuals, but with a much clearer, happier and speedier headspace. Never thought I'd say it but I think I like this stuff better than acid. Dom might become my new weekly psychedelic.

I have a couple questions though which don't seem to have been mentioned in this thread. First, I've never done amps, partly because I'm worried I'd like them too much. So how does dom compare to an amp?

2nd, I dropped a 1mg xanny at about the 10 hour mark (no end in sight) to try to end it gently. With some weed this worked beautifully to make a calm blissed out state till I got to sleep about the 12 hour mark. So my question is what about using xanax as a regular thing to end a dom trip? I'd be looking at doing this once a week on average. Thanks for any help.

hi, bluelight noob here, thanks for the long dom thread.

I did 5mg of dom for the first time last night and had a great time. For me it was similar to a sub 100mic acid trip in terms of body high and visuals, but with a much clearer, happier and speedier headspace. Never thought I'd say it but I think I like this stuff better than acid. Dom might become my new weekly psychedelic.

I have a couple questions though which don't seem to have been mentioned in this thread. First, I've never done amps, partly because I'm worried I'd like them too much. So how does dom compare to an amp?

2nd, I dropped a 1mg xanny at about the 10 hour mark (no end in sight) to try to end it gently. With some weed this worked beautifully to make a calm blissed out state till I got to sleep about the 12 hour mark. So my question is what about using xanax as a regular thing to end a dom trip? I'd be looking at doing this once a week on average. Thanks for any help.

I would not suggest taking DOM weekly. I'm pretty sure it creates more tolerance than regular psychedelics because it's longer lasting.

In regards to Xanax, I would avoid taking any DOx chems without benzos on hand. But then again, I get really bad insomnia from stimulating psychedelics.

I jut bought some DOM tabs and am wondering if the psychedelic PEA's deplete serotonin the way MDMA and methamphetamine do?

I just want to be careful with anything that creates a "hole" that needs filling later...hence the depression following some PEA's.

If not, then I may try using it on a semi-regular basis a little like Xorkoth does with DOC.

The DOM I have are 2.5mg blotters so dosing will be much easier than with DOC I think.

Sol? Xor? anybody?

The DOX drugs shouldn't cause noticeable depletion of neurotransmiters. They are pharmacologically distinct from other amphetamines. The pharmacological profile of DOX drugs resembles 25X-NBOME drugs. Most DOX and 25X-NBOMe groups of drug bind with hyper selectively with 5HT2 receptors. Be careful and stay safe.

I jut bought some DOM tabs and am wondering if the psychedelic PEA's deplete serotonin the way MDMA and methamphetamine do?

I just want to be careful with anything that creates a "hole" that needs filling later...hence the depression following some PEA's.

If not, then I may try using it on a semi-regular basis a little like Xorkoth does with DOC.

The DOM I have are 2.5mg blotters so dosing will be much easier than with DOC I think.

Sol? Xor? anybody?
They're known to have significant affinity for serotonin transporters, and though most studies only quantify them in terms of IC50 (thus measuring only reuptake inhibition), they're also known to be TAAR1 agonists and so likely act as serotonin releasers to some extent--though I suspect their high lipophilicity trends them more towards blocking over releasing--similarly to mephedrone) This being said, the active dosage here is extremely relevant: Even though DOx compounds are probably at least as strong if not stronger as serotonin reuptake inhibitor/releasers than their relatives (parachloroamphetamine, paramethylamphetamine, parabromoamphetamine) they're dosed at an order of magnitude below the psychoactive dose of those compounds.

There's also evidence of 5ht2a-receptor-associated neurotoxicity in animal studies with DOI.

I don't know how you define semi-regular, but I don't think Xorkoth uses it all that often. He used to use it frequently when he was abusing psychedelics.

Although I've taken a break from tripping, I was probably the second most prolific user of DOC on this forum, after him, though I tended to use it in lower doses. I would even occasionally redose it at sub-milligram quantities for many days at a time--just using it as a stimulant.

I'm going to go ahead and say that that sort of behavior is extremely unhealthy: sleep disturbance, bio-accumulation, chronic 5ht2b agonism, etc. And subjectively, DOC certainly feels hard on the body. But at the same time there's no compelling evidence in favor of enforcing mandatory 3 month waiting periods between trips, or anything like that.

I will say this: as Shulgin said, DOX are dyed-in-the-wool psychedelics. They're deep, they're visual, they're long, they're physical, and they're harrowing. if you abuse them, you notice.

On the other hand, I've found that DOC is sufficiently powerful that you can trip on it the day after tripping on another psychedelic, with almost no change in intensity of effect. You can even trip two day consecutively, with "relatively" little dosage escalation. Not that I'm recommending that behavior, of course.

Last edited:
I did used to use DOC quite often when I was abusing psychedelics, in fact one week I was on vacation at the lake house, spending my days hanging out with family and (partying) cousins and a friend I brought with, swimming, tubing, waterskiing, exploring the forest, having bonfires, etc, and I took it every one of the 7 days I was there. Afterwards I felt really exhausted for about a week but all things considered, MUCH better than I would have been after taking a serotonin releaser or even some other non-releaser psychedelics I can think of for that many days in a row. And of course I always kept my dosage reasonable... the first day it was 3mg, and I think the last day I had 7mg left and took that, but it wasn't as strong as my initial 3mg dose because of tolerance.

These days I take DOC maybe once a month at most. Last summer I took it almost every week, one day during the weekend that I always devoted to spending the day hiking in the mountains, because DOC is the best hiking enhancer. I find this rate of usage to be very sustainable for me, but I still don't really recommend tripping weekly for very long, if at all. This year my psychedelic usage is more like twice a month.

OK. I remember reading that DOM, in particular, was used to measure?, track?, 5HT2 receptors. Which, until now, didn't mean anything.

Thanks for your responses, everyone.

InterestingFACT said:
I will say this: as Shulgin said, DOX are dyed-in-the-wool psychedelics. They're deep, they're visual, they're long, they're physical, and they're harrowing. if you abuse them, you notice.

Alexander Shulgin said those words? Could I have the source?

TheBlackPirate is very obviously biased against DOx compounds, so it's not really a surprise.