• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opana (NOT ER) -- injecting?

diacetyldeath

Bluelighter
Greetings

I will be getting my hands on some Opana in the next 0.2 - 30 days and I want to understand its injectability.

I know injecting pills is a bad idea. I've done a great deal of research. I understand the risks. If you feel the need to admonish me on how I should be treating my body in a better fashion and ensuring the future health of my veins and circulatory system, please feel free, but rest assured in the fact that it will be ignored.

In any case... I understand Opana ER contains some very nasty silicates that nobody in their right mind would inject, whether or not they managed to get them in solution or not. Injecting sand/glass particles... No thanks. So we are talking about Opana (instant release), not Opana ER.

The ingredients for Opana are:

Lactose monohydrate
Magnesium stearate
Pregelatinized starch (this is the ingredient that bothers me)
D&C Red No. 30 aluminum lake
Oxymorphone Hcl equiv. to 10mg oxymorphone

Dilaudid 4 and 8mg tabs contain the lactose and magnesium above, and people have been shooting those with no ill effects for years.

In terms of the pregelatinized starch:

"Pregelatinized" indicates to me that the stuff might gel up/become a syrup when added to water and/or heated. Is this the right idea? If so, how best to get around it? Crisp it (e.g. bake in oven at 350/400 on foil for a while before attempting to get it in solution)? Separate it somehow after it is in solution?

Is starch dangerous to inject, at least more so than the other ingredients?

Another problem is that I only have 29 gauge 0.5mL rigs. This is not a long-term problem; I have very many of them and there's an exchange ~40 miles away that will give me any size needle they have in exchange, but I'd like to be able to do this with what I've got on hand.

Another problem is that the only filtering material I've got on hand is cotton.

No worries in terms of tolerance, I'm planning on being very careful the first time to establish my dose, but I was doing 40 bags of heroin per day for about a year, and am currently on Methadone 110mg/day. I am planning to inject 5mg of this my first time, moving up to 10, 15, and 20 in that order in case it's not doing the trick.

Any thoughts/experiences/ideas appreciated.

Thanks
DD

Well, unlike lampharm or whomever, who bumps a post even though he's already got an answer, I'd really like at least one answer to my question... Any takers?

Ok. I promise this is the LAST time I am going to bump this thread; I can tell when nobody has any information.

I will modify my query just a bit: Any information AT ALL on injecting ANY opioid-containing pills is appreciated. I mean, I'm not injecting an extended release preparation, so that's a bit of an advantage to start with, but I would be glad to sort through any and all advice to make this A) the safest and B) the most successful endeavor I can possibly make it.

Thanks for any info

dude, opana has not been out very long, not many people know how to properly abuse this stuff. i only know of one guy that knows how and he is actually posting today, so u MAY get an answer but i sure dont know.

you can start by trolling the threads bout preping pills for IV

Swerz said:
you can start by trolling the threads bout preping pills for IV

Well, I've been here since 2005 (during my switch from IV heroin to methadone I took a little vacation so as to avoid temptation), and I regard myself to be fairly knowledgeable in terms of opioid pharmaceuticals vis a vis their relative potency, bioavailability, affinity, and potentiation. I've given a great deal of advice to others in the above categories, and I've read a great deal myself on things I don't know, a category of which is preparing pills for "safe" (I know it's never truly safe) IV administration.

So there has been the thread here and there that's been very informative in that topic to me, but the haziness of time since then has had its effects and I'm having trouble locating those threads in the archives. I will continue searching.

One thing I never remember finding in those threads, though, is specific pill ingredients, which I think would be very helpful. Since I know the ingredients in a dilaudid (comparatively very safe to shoot vs. most other pills) and opana (non-ER) are almost identical other than the pregelatinized starch, I'd be very interested to know how to safely prepare another pill that had pregelatinized starch in it. Or, if starch in any form is very safe to shoot (I've heard it isn't, but that was from only one dubious source). Etc.

So that's the kind of info for which I'm searching. Rest assured I'm combing the archives, as well.

Thanks

DD

nobody that knows anything about this seems to be in this forum, try advanced drugs?

I used to shoot two balloons/day as well for about 1.5 years. Am currently struggling. Going through this has taught me that if I really want to put something in my veins, I'm going to try it. For me, the best way to measure injury when IVing pills is to watch your physiology very closely (shoot in a vein you can watch). Haha, reckless advice. Good luck. :\

Thanks for the advice. :) For better or worse, my doc decided he'd try 10mg oxy IRs this past visit, so I've got at least a few weeks before the opanas come my way (unless I can find them... well, or swim finds them somewhere else).

I'm not stupid enough to IV oxycodone, its oral bioavailability is 87% and I'm not really after a rush; even when I was doing IV heroin, I mean the rush was nice, but I was really after the relaxation and the nod, which I can get if I take enough oxy. Well, let me rephrase that, I would do H for the rush if it was consistent, but it isn't, and opana would be.

So anyway.

Thanks again.

DD

"Not stupid enough to IV oxycodone"??? OC is one of the most pleasurable rushes I have ever felt. Right up there with good dope and hydromorph...

trainwrecker said:
"Not stupid enough to IV oxycodone"??? OC is one of the most pleasurable rushes I have ever felt. Right up there with good dope and hydromorph...

Well, do what makes you happy, all I'm sayin' is that when you chew up an oxy, you get 87% of that oxycodone in your bloodstream, so the associated risks with IVing a pill with all sorts of evil wax (the Contin [TM] system) inside it all for a 3-13% increase in bioavailability seems ... well, stupid, to me. But I'm not judging those who do it.

Anyway, thanks for the flame. If you actually have an answer to my question, I'd appreciate it.

here's something i found on the pregelatinized starch question..

When a starch is pre-cooked, it can then be used to thicken cold foods. This is referred to as a pregelatinized starch. Otherwise starch requires heat to thicken, or "gelatinize." The actual temperature depends on the type of starch.

hope this helps you in some way, im looking for your answer as we speak

:)

Swerz said:
here's something i found on the pregelatinized starch question..

hope this helps you in some way, im looking for your answer as we speak

:)

Actually I already found that information via Google. It doesn't really help me; it tells me what Pregelatinized starch is (which is somewhat self-evident given the name), but it doesn't tell me its properties or how one might extract (unlikely) or neutralize it (more likely) from a dry powdered substance.

Thanks, though
-DD

diacetyldeath said:
Well, do what makes you happy, all I'm sayin' is that when you chew up an oxy, you get 87% of that oxycodone in your bloodstream, so the associated risks with IVing a pill with all sorts of evil wax (the Contin [TM] system) inside it all for a 3-13% increase in bioavailability seems ... well, stupid, to me. But I'm not judging those who do it.

Anyway, thanks for the flame. If you actually have an answer to my question, I'd appreciate it.

The poster you're quoting specifically said he shoots it for the rush not the increase in bioavail.

funkee said:
The poster you're quoting specifically said he shoots it for the rush not the increase in bioavail.

Indeed. And I'm not judging him; I'm merely sharing my opinion and pointing out that he failed to answer my question in any way.

-DD