• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opana - be cautious!!!

^ Ya, it is, isn't it?

Anyway, I've been Rx'd 2x Opana ER 20mg a day for chronic pain, and while I mostly insufflate them, they are by far the strongest analgesic I've used. I was switched to this from 4x OxyContin 20mg a day. HUGE jump in potency!

However, in the last 6-7 days, my tolerance has gone from 50mg of oxycodone for a good high (I worked hard at getting my tolerance down! I had been up to 60-70mg IV Opana a day!) to, at least for oxycodone, needing at least 200-250mg to catch a nod. Keep in mind, this is SIX or SEVEN DAYS WITH 40MG OF OPANA PER DAY!!!

This stuff WILL destroy your tolerance to any and all opiates! I lost 50% of the euphoric effects of snorting it within 4 days (I refuse to up my dose; I get the med from a pain doc, and as the analgesia has only gone down 20%, I'm not going to snort it AND escalate my dose constantly!), and will be taking an every-other-day break here soon. I have a bottle of "Norco 10/325mg" that will let me stain pain and w/d free while I go on "no-Opana" mode for a day or two and see what that does.

OF NOTE: I have been taking Hydrocodone as a (non-prescribed) breakthrough pain med, as my doctor won't give me anything for BTP (I can't complain; I'm 20yo and he scripts me Opana. Before you get in a huff, it's for legitimate, debilitating pain) due to the fact that I purposefully chose a clinic that is less medication-focused and more interventional-therapy focused.
So, I have a bottle of Hydrocodone/APAP 5/500 that I'm using for breakthrough pain, that was amazingly left over from a surgery I had 2 years ago. I couldn't BELIEVE there were ANY opiates in my household, other than my current Rx!
Anyway, hydrocodone works FAR better than oxycodone does in this situation, and I'm thinking it's because of the metabolites. Hydrocodone is metabolized partially into hydromorphone, while oxycodone is metabolized partially into oxymorphone. Thus, by taking Oxycodone, I would just be adding more opiates that compete for the same-exact-receptors. With hydrocodone, however, there has to be some incomplete cross tolerance (as all opiates work the receptors SLIGHTLY differently...), because 10mg Hydrocodone is FAR more effective for pain (on top of 20mg Oxymorphone) than is 10mg Oxycodone. This is unusual, as 15mg Hydro = 10mg Oxy, but for me it is now more like 10mg Hydro = 12.5-15mg Oxy.
I know we're not all chemists or anything, but does my above theory sound reasonable?
I tested it in another way: I took my Opana, and for BTP used 100mg Tramadol. Yes, tramadol. Believe it or not, the 100mg broke through the Opana and seemed to have 90% of the effect it would on it's own, additive. Perhaps it's because tramadol isn't a real opiate, but it sure increased the effects notably.

Butterflyluver31 said:
I don't agree with that. Before I found Opana, I snorted Oxycontin and Roxycodone which only lasted at the max 2 hours. But the Opana lasts me a good 4 hours! Maybe everybody's metabolism works quicker than others when it comes to how long medication lasts.

Yes, that is RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

Insufflated, Opana ER lasts 4 hours, almost to the dot. Oxycodone, when insufflated, doesn't last longer than 1.5-2 hours, and trails off, as opposed to Opana that gives you a FULL HIGH for 4 hours then trails off for about 10 minutes and then... time to redose!

Same is true for IV use. Oxycodone barely lasts 1.5-2 hours when injected. Opana IR, used IV, has a good 45-60sec rush, followed by an intense high lasting 1-1.75hrs, and then has a high that's less sedating, more "speedy, that lasts another 1.5-2 hours. Then it's time to re-dose again.

The only -morphone that is "weaksauce" when it comes to how long it lasts would be Dilaudid. Even taken orally, what little effects you DO get don't last longer than 4 hours. IV, you get a 30-45sec rush, followed by a 10 minute high. Then it's gone. Insufflated, you're lucky to be high for an hour. IMO, it's only good in extremely large shots (24mg+), taken with a TON of potentiators/enzyme-inhibitors, or used in a PCA-unit (patient-controlled analgesia pain pump) which, unfortunately, we don't get to bring home from the hospital as souvenirs.

Mad Dash said:
i can do an 80 and barely nod yet 15 mg of this up the nose will have me nodding harder than H. i just got through a night of babysitting someone who just about OD'd on ~3-5 mg. VERY POWERFUL. i can not stress enough how strong this stuff is, if you are gonna bump it use even less!! and shoot it... well, i just hope u have an insane tolerance.

According to the average strength, opana is 3x as strong as oxycodone. I have taken I50mg of opana ir, and 800mcg of fentora, IMO the fentora 200mcg is = to 200mcg of Fentora. If opana is too much for you, don't touch fentora or actiq.

Butterflyluver31 said:
Originally Posted by GETYAGUN!!11
i have also heard form multiple sources oxy/hydromorphone are more intense but much shorter lasting than the codone counterparts.

I don't agree with that. Before I found Opana, I snorted Oxycontin and Roxycodone which only lasted at the max 2 hours. But the Opana lasts me a good 4 hours! Maybe everybody's metabolism works quicker than others when it comes to how long medication lasts.

I do agree with that. Well, i dont have as much experience with opana to be honest but dilaudid only lasts half as long as oxy or hydro for me, maybe shorter. Ive also found that it deffinitly doesn't totally cover up my oxy craving and if its all i got its really fuckin frustrating. Oxy gives me 4 hours, opana 3, dilaudid 2. peace [be safe!] -Spaz-

if you could crush jesus up and insufflate him, he would be called oxymorphone.

trust me as a former lover of the OC 80's who quit those once RX'd Opana ER 10's for therapeutic use (yes. not even analgesia :)), Opana is incredibly strong. Some people that get the ER's might not be getting the coating (time release) off correctly, to be honest, scraping it off is all but impossible, the pill is too cakey and will come apart if you try to do that. I would say 14x is a bit of an exaggeration, but 4x stronger than oxy would be about right. I've never IV'd it, and my tolerance has shot through the roof, but I don't IV anything as a personal policy.

In conclusion imho:

OC 80's> Opana 10 ER (with coating removed) or Opana 10 IR
Opana 10 ER (with coating removed)> OC 40's

Note on the second: Opana is much more Euphoric than OC is, I'd say its a safe bet the analgesia is identical.