• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opana - be cautious!!!

Mad Dash said:
i can do an 80 and barely nod yet 15 mg of this up the nose will have me nodding harder than H. i just got through a night of babysitting someone who just about OD'd on ~3-5 mg. VERY POWERFUL. i can not stress enough how strong this stuff is, if you are gonna bump it use even less!! and shoot it... well, i just hope u have an insane tolerance.

Yeah, that's not surprising at all that your friend almost overdosed on 3-5mg of fentanyl, especially if it was someone with no tolerance and they took the dose all at once. This isn't new news, but it's a good reminder to everyone. Instant release fentanyl is like the crack of opiates. It is short acting, rushy, and makes you fiend for more. I think heroin is much safer and a better drug in general. I highly recommend staying away from fentanyl and it's analogs. It's caused me to relapse before, and it killed my best friend who was a drug expert. It has also killed other people on this board.

Last edited:
sonic said:
Yeah, that's not surprising at all that your friend almost overdosed on 3-5mg of fentanyl, especially if it was someone with no tolerance and they took the dose all at once. This isn't new news, but it's a good reminder to everyone. Instant release fentanyl is like the crack of opiates. It is short acting, rushy, and makes you fiend for more. I think heroin is much safer and a better drug in general. I highly recommend staying away from fentanyl and it's analogs. It's caused me to relapse before, and it killed my best friend who was a drug expert. It has also killed other people on this board.

I'm confused. The OP is talking about Oxymorphone, not Fentanyl.

If only I wasn't in recovery, i'd try this Opana. I'm a heroin guy through and through but this stuff sounds interesting. I've recently heard about it in a conversation down in my halfway house. If it's out Florida has it! Stupid florida and its stupid pharmacies

How about those that have actually DONE the drug give replies? Better yet, those that have done more then a 20mg pill they paid $40 for...

I was on 3 of the 40mg Opana ER's a day (q8h) with Opana IR (10mg) for BTP (I got 60 of those a month) ... I was also on Duragesic ... I was on this combo for, shit, I was a part of the clinical trials in fact ... in all, I was on Opana at doses of 120mg a day (as directed) but I often would crush up and rail 5 or 6 of them at a time....

Honestly, because I am at that point where my legit chronic pain is so bad that when my doc wouldn't take me back up to the Duragesic (200mcg q48h) with Actiq (1600mcg x 60 pops a month for BTP) so I had to dump this doctor that was willing to give me all the Opana I wanted (his next move was to go to 2 of the 40mg tabs every 8 hours for a total of 240mg of the Opana ER and double my Opana IR for btp) ... I finally had enough and I found a doctor that has brought my pain from levels that would often keep me bed-ridden the entire day, to having almost no signs of pain at all - all in only a couple months (I am back to the Duragesic 200mcg/hr q48h and I get 60 of the 1600mcg Actiq for breakthrough) ...

The problem I had with my doc was that a new drug would come out on the market, well, I had been on a regimin that had worked for OVER 2 YEARS but this ew drug comes out and suddnly my doc had a list ofreasons why I needed to make the switch ... now kick-backs are illegal (other then pens, calanders, clocks, coffee mugs and other kitsch .. but amazingly EVERYONE was being moved to Opana from whatever meds they had been on, some for years and years ... and 4 months later his office gets a full remodel with leather chairs inthe waiting room and a huge ass LCD TV ... I know they gavce him the TV as there is stll the little "Opana" name hanging from a little sign beneath the TV, yet they always have it tuned to some soap channel ... now their entire office makeover (new wood floors, an entire flouroscope machine for facet blocks and epidurals) had to cost easily over $50,000 (that doesn't include the flourosope machine that has to be over a couple million) .. I best somehow since he has became the largest prescriber of Opana IR and ER in the area (and he likes to boast he is "#2 in the entire state") that he has madelots of money for the makers, re-sellers, and the drug reps.. I am sure they could write off a total overhaul of his office - after all, he got the TV legally as they gave it to him to "display information about the drug" ... yeah right...

As for effects, again, my tollerance is so high I used to have to rail about 6 of these to get a tinge of warmth, to get "fucked up" ... shit, probably about double that....

Do they work for chronic pain? Yes, clearly they do as some of the patients he moved onto it has said nothing but good things.... was it as effective as the fentanyl has been for me? No.

That "15x1" ratio - yeah, in the world of textbooks and manufacturers inserts for prescribing, but when I gave some to some opioid naive friends (I ensured the dose was under 10mg's of the ER forumulation) ... even they agree that in 100% controlled conditions on paper 15x1 may work, but everyone metabolizes drugs a bit differnt ... sure, same enzyme, but everyone reacts a LITTLE differnt... before I dumped that doc (and the Opana supply) I had kids that could get FUCKED UP off a 30mg OxyIR needing to take a full 20mg's of the Opana to get a high they felt was close enough to the OxyIR ...

If anyone has specific questions I can reply as both someonethat did a lot of research about the drug, and was on it for over 5 months ... I still like to cop a buzz but these days it is more about TRUE pain mgmnt ... I have also been on OxyContin (over 3 years) so I know how a 40mg OxyContin and a 40mg Opana line up .... sorry, those conversion tables in the prescribers info the makers of the drugs put out are based on math and not so much real world data...

//p

PhreeX said:
How about those that have actually DONE the drug give replies? Better yet, those that have done more then a 20mg pill they paid $40 for...

I was on 3 of the 40mg Opana ER's a day (q8h) with Opana IR (10mg) for BTP (I got 60 of those a month) ... I was also on Duragesic ... I was on this combo for, shit, I was a part of the clinical trials in fact ... in all, I was on Opana at doses of 120mg a day (as directed) but I often would crush up and rail 5 or 6 of them at a time....

Honestly, because I am at that point where my legit chronic pain is so bad that when my doc wouldn't take me back up to the Duragesic (200mcg q48h) with Actiq (1600mcg x 60 pops a month for BTP) so I had to dump this doctor that was willing to give me all the Opana I wanted (his next move was to go to 2 of the 40mg tabs every 8 hours for a total of 240mg of the Opana ER and double my Opana IR for btp) ... I finally had enough and I found a doctor that has brought my pain from levels that would often keep me bed-ridden the entire day, to having almost no signs of pain at all - all in only a couple months (I am back to the Duragesic 200mcg/hr q48h and I get 60 of the 1600mcg Actiq for breakthrough) ...

The problem I had with my doc was that a new drug would come out on the market, well, I had been on a regimin that had worked for OVER 2 YEARS but this ew drug comes out and suddnly my doc had a list ofreasons why I needed to make the switch ... now kick-backs are illegal (other then pens, calanders, clocks, coffee mugs and other kitsch .. but amazingly EVERYONE was being moved to Opana from whatever meds they had been on, some for years and years ... and 4 months later his office gets a full remodel with leather chairs inthe waiting room and a huge ass LCD TV ... I know they gavce him the TV as there is stll the little "Opana" name hanging from a little sign beneath the TV, yet they always have it tuned to some soap channel ... now their entire office makeover (new wood floors, an entire flouroscope machine for facet blocks and epidurals) had to cost easily over $50,000 (that doesn't include the flourosope machine that has to be over a couple million) .. I best somehow since he has became the largest prescriber of Opana IR and ER in the area (and he likes to boast he is "#2 in the entire state") that he has madelots of money for the makers, re-sellers, and the drug reps.. I am sure they could write off a total overhaul of his office - after all, he got the TV legally as they gave it to him to "display information about the drug" ... yeah right...

As for effects, again, my tollerance is so high I used to have to rail about 6 of these to get a tinge of warmth, to get "fucked up" ... shit, probably about double that....

Do they work for chronic pain? Yes, clearly they do as some of the patients he moved onto it has said nothing but good things.... was it as effective as the fentanyl has been for me? No.

That "15x1" ratio - yeah, in the world of textbooks and manufacturers inserts for prescribing, but when I gave some to some opioid naive friends (I ensured the dose was under 10mg's of the ER forumulation) ... even they agree that in 100% controlled conditions on paper 15x1 may work, but everyone metabolizes drugs a bit differnt ... sure, same enzyme, but everyone reacts a LITTLE differnt... before I dumped that doc (and the Opana supply) I had kids that could get FUCKED UP off a 30mg OxyIR needing to take a full 20mg's of the Opana to get a high they felt was close enough to the OxyIR ...

If anyone has specific questions I can reply as both someonethat did a lot of research about the drug, and was on it for over 5 months ... I still like to cop a buzz but these days it is more about TRUE pain mgmnt ... I have also been on OxyContin (over 3 years) so I know how a 40mg OxyContin and a 40mg Opana line up .... sorry, those conversion tables in the prescribers info the makers of the drugs put out are based on math and not so much real world data...

//p
so then in real world data how would you say they compare? j/w cause I have been doin the 20mg er's for the last month and when I snort 5 I am high, but it takes atleast 160mg of oxycodone to get me there

Opana is very rare, if you can add some IV phenmetrazine to the mix, and survive, your in one hell of a ride:D

is opana instant release good snorted? The extended release I heard gels up and isnt good. I have used opiates in a few months and I only have 5 mg, I want to get high.

PhreeX said:
That "15x1" ratio - yeah, in the world of textbooks and manufacturers inserts for prescribing, but when I gave some to some opioid naive friends (I ensured the dose was under 10mg's of the ER forumulation) ... even they agree that in 100% controlled conditions on paper 15x1 may work, but everyone metabolizes drugs a bit differnt ... sure, same enzyme, but everyone reacts a LITTLE differnt...

//p

I assume the ratio is for analgesia, so the 'getting high' dose may well differ. If thats the case, then the stuff could be even MORE risky.

I don't think oxymorphone IS metabolized, it's active in it's own right...

Opana is a wierd drug. Some people come on here claiming overdose at 5mg intranasal. Then again, I was slamming 40mg at once and wish i had an oxy. Who knwos.

I think those people dont use opiates at all, and DEFINETELY have never IV'ed. Cause I just snorted 5 mgs and I feel good but no where near od. And I havent used opiates in months.

I'm dying to get my hands on these but I lack pharm connects.. the quality powder makes up for it though...

man, ive still yet to even hear of these in my area. I'm hoping someone gets them and has no idea what they have and wants me to look them up for them. happens a lot with me, i'll be like "oh these are some heart pills, yeah, you got ripped off dude....but hey can i get them for my step-dad? yeah he could use them." =D

My friends pain doctor just started pushing the Opana ER Last month to his patients..........

Oh, and just to clear up something...eating a high fat meal (or anything, for that matter), is not going to "get your plasma up" (I'm assuming that you mean your blood's plasma will increase in quantity). That just doesn't happen.

Now, eating a high fat meal before taking Opana will increase the rate at which it would be absorbed into the blood stream via the GI tract, so that is probably what you meant. If that's not what you meant, please let me/us know.

idk right on the handout from the pharmacy it says that if taken with food it could cause too much of the drug to get into your blood

soundphaRm said:
Oh, and just to clear up something...eating a high fat meal (or anything, for that matter), is not going to "get your plasma up" (I'm assuming that you mean your blood's plasma will increase in quantity). That just doesn't happen.

Now, eating a high fat meal before taking Opana will increase the rate at which it would be absorbed into the blood stream via the GI tract, so that is probably what you meant. If that's not what you meant, please let me/us know.

i would think they are talking about drug concentrations in the plasma when refering to plasma levels

opana does come with a warning that high fat meals can increase the amount of drug in your system

I finally had the opportunity to try this stuff today. I snorted 20mg ER. I really didn't notice much gelling at all? but I usually am the one who still gets good'n high off of teva oxys too. the matrix of those pills never really seemed to gel much in my nose. maybe its just really dry up there and not a lot of moisture equals not a lot of gelling? anyway, I got decently high off of them and i would equate 20mg opana to about 30-40mg of oxy. so eh, all and all, not bad, but I'd like a go at a whole 40mg one if I can.

Opana....definately be careful. The first time I tried 10mg crushed mixed with water and plugged.....unbelievably strong. I still get 10mg for my condition but I have never done more than 15-20mg at once.....wonderful stuff....but please be cautious.