• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opana - be cautious!!!

bigpoppax23 said:
Well, Oxycodone metabolizes into Noroxycodone and Oxymorphone when it reaches the liver (read Oxycontin prescribing information it is in there).
It IS stronger to take pure Oxymorphone no matter how you cut it... see what most people THINK is

"Just because I do not feel it, it is either NOT WORKING, or NOT STRONG ENOUGH... So I need to take more."

This is not true... just because you are not "feeling" it does not mean it did not actually go into your body. Also what MOST people do NOT know is, A LOT of people do not have the correct enzyme in their liver to metabolize Oxycodone into Noroxycodone and Oxymorphone... you have to be tested for it...
If the test comes back that you do not have the enzyme, the doctor has no choice but to give you something stronger than Oxycodone... like Methadone, Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone, or Fentanyl.

Also, again about insufflating Opana... I have SEEN with my own two eyes people snorting it... A LOT... no one I saw doing it has had ANY negative effects like gelling or a barrier being formed so it fails to absorb.
If you eat a full meal (preferably high in fat content) you get your plasma up and then snort Opana, the absorption, pain relief, and euphoria is very high... end of story.

I hope more information surfaces about Opana... it is SO NEW and everyone is saying something different about it... Opana either SUCKS or is AMAZING...
I CANNOT believe that there is such controversy over it... I am here saying it is amazing and snorting a 20mg Opana on a full meal is equal to a 60-80mg Oxycodone... other people come back and say they are worthless and they do not work at all...

For me... I never/ever snort anything... I swallow the Opana whole with a meal and it does wonders for me... and I have been on EVERY PAIN KILLER... because of my knee operations and the permanent condition I have.

P.S. At one point I was on 1 name brand 40mg OC every 4 hours... Q4H... and that is WITH waking up at night (like in the hospital) and taking it. 4X6=24 hours... 6-40mg name brand OC a day.:(

This post is so full of bad/inaccurate info, I don't even know where to start.

Noob

OverDriven said:
This post is so full of bad/inaccurate info, I don't even know where to start.
Noob... DO NOT contradict me without backing it up... everything I said is dead on... want me to post a pic of all the Opana I have right now?...
Everything I said is from experience... have you even seen Opana?

bigpoppax23 said:
Noob... DO NOT contradict me without backing it up... everything I said is dead on... want me to post a pic of all the Opana I have right now?...
Everything I said is from experience... have you even seen Opana?

Look at the little greenlighter with 11 posts calling me a noob. If you really want to be verbally smacked down like the little bitch you are, then I will.

First, the two enzymes resposible for the metabolism of oxycodone via demethylation into noroxycodone and oxymorphone are CYP2D6 and CYP3A. On average about 3% of people are deficient. Thats not what I would call alot.

This crap about "getting your plasma up" is rediculous. Getting what component of your plasma up? Your blood is 55% plasma. It isn't going to change from eating.

Shall I continue?

Wow

First off all, just because I am new to the board does not make me a noob...
I have a life and am not able to be on the Internet all day every day... I am busy with school.

Your numbers mean shit to me because they are just coming from what you THINK you know... when you post some verified information then we can talk...
Do you know how many people actually are on Oxycodone and unable to metabolize it?... it is probably like 12-15% or possibly higher... more people take it every day.

If you can read...

http://drnelson.utmem.edu/P450lect.html
http://drnelson.utmem.edu/CytochromeP450.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytochrome_P450
http://www.anaesthetist.com/physiol/basics/metabol/cyp/Findex.htm#cyp.htm
http://www.aafp.org/afp/980101ap/cupp.html

FYI, I am actually a medical student... look me up at NYU, you just think you know about medicine...
Eating food does not get your plasma levels up? :\
You do not know shit about opiates or human physiology...;)

^ You seem to know what you're talking about.

Just to clarify what I said earlier re: the gelling up, I was relating to the morphine XR pills. When I said "coating" , i did not mean literal coating. I just meant that there will be too much filler and was around the drug that it'd be difficult to absorb via the mucous membranes.

Though please, lets not start a flamewar.

OverDriven: a Greenlighter is simply someone who recently joined. It says nothing about their level of knowledge. For all you know, Alexander Shulgin may join tomorrow and be a greenlighter. Would he be a noob?

Jamshyd said:
[color=siennaThough please, lets not start a flamewar.

OverDriven: a Greenlighter is simply someone who recently joined. It says nothing about their level of knowledge. For all you know, Alexander Shulgin may join tomorrow and be a greenlighter. Would he be a noob?[/color]

well put, guys it seems that peoples reactions to this range widely from one to the other. i dont think you can definitively say that opana is shit OR that it is THE shit my main purpose this post was for people who think it is shit, and go gungho and do more than they can handle which to me was a small amount, but this person was OUT, i stayed up all night monitoring breathing levels. this is more of a warning than a gloat.

Jamshyd said:

OverDriven: a Greenlighter is simply someone who recently joined. It says nothing about their level of knowledge. For all you know, Alexander Shulgin may join tomorrow and be a greenlighter. Would he be a noob?

Woah woah woah...maybe re-read and see who called who a noob :\ He threw the word out there. I never used it towards him. I simply thought it was funny that he was calling me one.

Yeah

Jamshyd said:
^ You seem to know what you're talking about.

Just to clarify what I said earlier re: the gelling up, I was relating to the morphine XR pills. When I said "coating" , i did not mean literal coating. I just meant that there will be too much filler and was around the drug that it'd be difficult to absorb via the mucous membranes.

Though please, lets not start a flamewar.

Thank you Jamshyd... as you can see I was just posting my experience and knowledge to date about Opana...

It varies from person to person... when snorting the Opana, it might gel up it might not...

What I do know is that on the prescription it CLEARLY says in bold... "DO NOT TAKE WITH FOOD, WAIT 1-2 HOURS AFTER A MEAL BEORE TAKING OPANA"

This is because of the absorption... Opana is very low... 10-20% orally... if you eat a FULL MEAL preferably HIGH IN FAT CONTENT... your plasma level will RISE... once you FEEL you have ENERGY say 30-45 minutes after eating... THEN take the Opana... the oral absorption will be increased to 50-60%... or more...
When your plasma levels are high the absorption for snorting Opana will also be much higher...
Read the prescribing information... PAGE 4:FOOD EFFECT & ETHANOL EFFECT...
Food and Alcohol change the absorption...
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm?fuseaction=Search.Label_ApprovalHistory
Also no matter what ANYONE says, opiates are VERY HARSH on the stomach no matter what route of administration and usually need help digesting and/or settling your stomach properly... food or milk...

Last edited:
bigpoppax23 said:
Thank you Jamshyd... as you can see I was just posting my experience and knowledge to date about Opana...

It varies from person to person... when snorting the Opana, it might gel up it might not...

What I do know is that on the prescription it CLEARLY says in bold... "DO NOT TAKE WITH FOOD, WAIT 1-2 HOURS AFTER A MEAL BEORE TAKING OPANA"

This is because of the absorption... Opana is very low... 10-20% orally... if you eat a FULL MEAL preferably HIGH IN FAT CONTENT... your plasma level will RISE... once you FEEL you have ENERGY say 30-45 minutes after eating... THEN take the Opana... the oral absorption will be increased to 50-60%... or more...
When your plasma levels are high the absorption for snorting Opana will also be much higher...
Read the prescribing information... PAGE 4:FOOD EFFECT & ETHANOL EFFECT...
Food and Alcohol change the absorption...
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm?fuseaction=Search.Label_ApprovalHistory
Also no matter what ANYONE says, opiates are VERY HARSH on the stomach no matter what route of administration and usually need help digesting and/or settling your stomach properly... food or milk...

i have to agree with that last part without food in my stomach opana will make me very nauseas. more so than any other op i have ever done.

ok i just came across 10 20mg er's and from what i have read it can be dangerous to snort soif taken orally how much should i take?

if alcohol cause more of the oxymorpone to be absorbed couldnt you crush the pill and let it sit in some liquer over night to break the time release?

cjd83us said:
ok i just came across 10 20mg er's and from what i have read it can be dangerous to snort soif taken orally how much should i take?

honestly you waste SO much orally i would say snort it, but just a low dose. what is your oxycodone tolerance? should be able to tell you a reasonable dosage based off of that.

I usually do about 100mg of oxy to get messed up. i know i have seen that 20mg =40mg of oxy but cause of the low bioavalability how much should i take?

I had the Opana 40mg ER's...

Crushed in pill crusher to a fine powder..added hot water and a little ISO alcohol to mix and it gelled up which I knew was going to happen but wanted to see exactly how it gelled etc...

Insuffilated 40mg's after crushing finely and it gelled up in my sinuses horribly!!! 24 hours of complete blockage. Felt nothing special by end of night. To sum up my Opana use:

40 mgs orally after adding water gelled up (before noon)
40 mgs nasally (dinner time)
40 mgs nasally (mid night)

When awaking the next morning I did not need my usual waking hit and really didnt need to use again until noon...prolly could have goine much longer.

WARNING: I have a tolerance like no other.

Wow

F You Z Z Y said:
Crushed in pill crusher to a fine powder..added hot water and a little ISO alcohol to mix and it gelled up which I knew was going to happen but wanted to see exactly how it gelled etc...

Insuffilated 40mg's after crushing finely and it gelled up in my sinuses horribly!!! 24 hours of complete blockage. Felt nothing special by end of night. To sum up my Opana use:

40 mgs orally after adding water gelled up (before noon)
40 mgs nasally (dinner time)
40 mgs nasally (mid night)

When awaking the next morning I did not need my usual waking hit and really didnt need to use again until noon...prolly could have goine much longer.

WARNING: I have a tolerance like no other.

I understand you have a high tolerance but, MOST people should not take THAT much Opana... 120mg of Oxymorphone is extremely strong and dangerous... no matter how you cut it.

Also, my tolerance is very high... I have been on high doses of everything at different times, including highest Duragesic patches...
When I chew or swallow 20mg Opana ER with a full meal... it feels like 60mg of Oxycodone(when it used to work for me)...

^^...I agree....you'd have to have a pretty insane tolerance to handle 120mg of oxymorphone.

It is used extensively in the U.S. for pain associated with childbirth. It is a beautiful rush when IV'd, but watch the dosage.
These ER Opana sound like they would be best utilized rectally since they've been making a suppository form of it for quite some time now, but I've never gotten ahold of these and tried it so....

Definitely some pretty powerful shit, so watch your dosages people...:\

Edit to add: Add me to the list that wants to try ketobemidone before I die too please...;)

Yo

soundphaRm said:
^^...I agree....you'd have to have a pretty insane tolerance to handle 120mg of oxymorphone.

It is used extensively in the U.S. for pain associated with childbirth. It is a beautiful rush when IV'd, but watch the dosage.
These ER Opana sound like they would be best utilized rectally since they've been making a suppository form of it for quite some time now, but I've never gotten ahold of these and tried it so....

Definitely some pretty powerful shit, so watch your dosages people...:\

Edit to add: Add me to the list that wants to try ketobemidone before I die too please...;)

Yeah... Numorphan was amazing as a suppository...
People trying to plug Opana claim that it GELS UP just like when you try to inject it... and that it slides back out as gel...

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm?fuseaction=Search.Overview&DrugName=NUMORPHAN

Either way... Numorphan was a 5mg Oxymorphone suppository... even with the high absorption it is still only 5mg...

Opana is available in 5mg and 10mg IR and up to 40mg ER...
No matter how you cut it, Opana has a VERY high potential for abuse...
I think Opana is awesome because it is SUCH a WELL-designed pill...

I feel it is VERY irresponsible for the FDA to approve a pill with SUCH a high dose of dangerous medication like an opiate... WHO really needs a 160mg Oxycodone pill in their hand...? If your pain is that bad you should be in the hospital...
It's like Xanax... 2mg is bad enough let alone a 3mg ... in one pill?
It only takes a FEW to go from, prescription medication from the doctor that is important to your health and helpful to your condition... to STRAIGHT UP ABUSE.

40mg of Oxymorphone is borderline irresponsible... even if it is ER; it is still going to be abused.

the opana's are no where near as strong as people make them out to be trust me all i have been doin the last 2 days is the 20mg er's and i will testify that oxy's are stronger