• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opana - be cautious!!!

well i'll leave the plugging to you guys i dont care if its gonna get me a little higher than snorting these. i guess when i started using drugs i just never pictured shoving them up my ass as a method though i am not bashing ANYONE! its just not my cup of tea

^In the case of Opana, it is not just a "little" higher, more like at least 70% higher!. The shit gells up in your nose, making a barrier between the drug and the absorbent membranes. Rectally, since you're taking an enema, the drug and the gel are spread out against a much wider absorbant memebrane, making the gel a non-issue.

Side note, is any other drug (opiates only) that is MORE powerful IN higher bioavailability through intranasal VS oral?

Morphine, Buprenorphine, Fentanyl [illicit], Butorphanol

Off the top of my head...

Peace,
Seedless

With using milk, try using Half & Half warm contains more fat, its better for rectal benzo dosing at least... shrug

bagochina said:
With using milk, try using Half & Half warm contains more fat, its better for rectal benzo dosing at least... shrug
YES, whenever I recommend rectal admin. for benzos, I recommend using high-fat milk. It worked like a charm.

In fact, I just did this with half & half, and funny enough I did it with half & half equivalents of Diazepam and Nitrazepam.

It actually makes benzos a little less boring due to rapid onset (I wouldn't dare call it a "rush"! =D

Oxymorphone was formerly available just as IV amps and suppositories (numorphan), so you would think plugging would have it's advantages if that was one of the first ROA's to hit the market...

RiseFromRuin said:
Oxymorphone was formerly available just as IV amps and suppositories (numorphan), so you would think plugging would have it's advantages if that was one of the first ROA's to hit the market...

Once upon a time there were 10 mg instant release oxymorphone tabs available too. They were known as "blues". They were discontinued at some point. In my 1978 PDR (gotta love thrift stores) there is no mention of oxymorphone whatsoever.

BTW, anyone played with the 5 or 10 mg IR Opana tabs yet?

Last edited:
OT (general on plugging):

How meticulous do you have to be about when you last shat?
To clarify, after voiding in the morning, I don't really have to shit again until the evening. Is it wasteful (that is, will drugs be stuck in my shit) if I plug several hours after I last shit?

ebola

^ Lol, I love your professional wording ;)

In my opinion, it seems to differ from drug to drug. Opiates and benzos in particular seem to prefer an empty rectum, but they'll still work unless you're basically, erm, full of shit :p. Psychedelics and stimulants seem to not care, in my experience.

Jamshyd said:
^In the case of Opana, it is not just a "little" higher, more like at least 70% higher!. The shit gells up in your nose, making a barrier between the drug and the absorbent membranes. Rectally, since you're taking an enema, the drug and the gel are spread out against a much wider absorbant memebrane, making the gel a non-issue.

You know TOO much man, I worry!

Hahaha

Well I never had the honour of even seeing oxymorphone. Though I am familiar with the gelling shit.

But rectal is my primary method of administration for most drugs, saves money and gets you higher :)

Opana

I got Opana all day in NYC... 10mg and 20mg ER...
People I know snort it... the absorption is VERY HIGH when snorting it... also when you eat a fatty meal your blood plasma goes up and it increases the 10% oral bioavailability to 60%... it says that CLEARLY in the opana presribing information. Getting your plasma up works for ANY route of administration... it always increases the absorption when it comes to opiates. I have seen many people snort it, it does NOT gel up and create a barrier... it is actually quite EASY to snort from what I have seen. Although it does gel up when you try to inject it.

^ they might not create a barrier but they do gel up into the nastiest flem i have ever had. all i can get is the 20mg er's and my friend that gets them thinks they suck so bad that he sells them to me for 3 bucks a piece. he would rather ave 1 80mg oxy than 10 of these so i dont get how they are supposed to be good.

i have some opana pills. i tried plugging them and it doesnt work. sniffing is so so. anyone have any info to turn these pills into shootable powder?

^ dont think it is possible though a few people on here have tried

Well, Oxycodone metabolizes into Noroxycodone and Oxymorphone when it reaches the liver (read Oxycontin prescribing information it is in there).
It IS stronger to take pure Oxymorphone no matter how you cut it... see what most people THINK is

"Just because I do not feel it, it is either NOT WORKING, or NOT STRONG ENOUGH... So I need to take more."

This is not true... just because you are not "feeling" it does not mean it did not actually go into your body. Also what MOST people do NOT know is, A LOT of people do not have the correct enzyme in their liver to metabolize Oxycodone into Noroxycodone and Oxymorphone... you have to be tested for it...
If the test comes back that you do not have the enzyme, the doctor has no choice but to give you something stronger than Oxycodone... like Methadone, Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone, or Fentanyl.

Also, again about insufflating Opana... I have SEEN with my own two eyes people snorting it... A LOT... no one I saw doing it has had ANY negative effects like gelling or a barrier being formed so it fails to absorb.
If you eat a full meal (preferably high in fat content) you get your plasma up and then snort Opana, the absorption, pain relief, and euphoria is very high... end of story.

I hope more information surfaces about Opana... it is SO NEW and everyone is saying something different about it... Opana either SUCKS or is AMAZING...
I CANNOT believe that there is such controversy over it... I am here saying it is amazing and snorting a 20mg Opana on a full meal is equal to a 60-80mg Oxycodone... other people come back and say they are worthless and they do not work at all...

For me... I never/ever snort anything... I swallow the Opana whole with a meal and it does wonders for me... and I have been on EVERY PAIN KILLER... because of my knee operations and the permanent condition I have.

P.S. At one point I was on 1 name brand 40mg OC every 4 hours... Q4H... and that is WITH waking up at night (like in the hospital) and taking it. 4X6=24 hours... 6-40mg name brand OC a day.:(

bigpoppax23 said:
This is not true... just because you are not "feeling" it does not mean it did not actually go into your body. Also what MOST people do NOT know is, A LOT of people do not have the correct enzyme in their liver to metabolize Oxycodone into Noroxycodone and Oxymorphone... you have to be tested for it...

Can you provide a source for this info, or at least the name of the enzyme?

and "alot" is a big stretch.. more like 5-10% of people are lackig this enzyme.

just give up on this drug. it was designed very well and is way harder to abuse than oxy's so just stick to those for now. and opana er's DO gel up it takes about 10-15 mins then i feel it in the back of my throat and can cough it up. it is really quite nasty however i do enjoy this drug since it is so much cheaper to me than others it really is just a pain in the ass