• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Desoxypipradrol/10 mgs) First experience: Which way is Poland?!

Dondante said:
I thought 4-MAR was more like amphetamine ... dopamine release in addition to blocking reuptake. Isn't deoxypipradrol just a DA and NE reuptake inhibitor like MDPV and methylphenidate? I'm not a big fan of MDPV, but perhaps this will be different.

I found out that 4-MAR has almost zero abuse potential, but a lot of proper use potential. It's sad that it is scheduled. Maybe they should have done human studies instead of animal studies to prove it is addictive. :\

is there anything you could do to shorten the duration? lack of sleep is a nasty thing

Not take as much! I'm having doubts that you need 10mg for a good effect as I've found 3-5mg enough to stuff me choc full of good spirits. Finding that if you take the dose a fair bit higher, like 20mg+ you can start to notice a fair bit of weirdness (of the meth variety); only thing is, as long as you don't push it way too far it's like a non-paranoid paranoia (well shite job of describing a drug effect there!).

I feel that if you were to really binge over quite a few days, this could quite easily put you in meth like psychosis territory (the psychotic psychosis type ! :) )

Best way I can think of to shorten the duration is to drink acidic fruit juices. This alters plasma pH and increases clearance of the drug by the kidneys

Took about 10mg oraly several hours ago to try and get on with my lab report. Quite a lot of stimulation, very focused, little to no euphoria. As for side effects I've an elevated heart rate and unpleasent tightness in my stomache.

Can't wholeheartedly say that I'm enjoying myself, maybe I'll take a lower dosage in the future.

I had one experience with this compound a while back, and I had 10-12mg of it. I felt absolutely fantastic for a good many hours, but then after adding about 12mg of 2C-B about 6 hours into the experience I became a bit overstimulated. At first extremely euphoric and then suddenly almost hyperactive (why do I want to do a dozen push-ups just before we're supposed to go out, and why, after we're out, does everyone think I'm walking way too fast?) and a bit later I felt really 'anti-climax' and thoughtful and serious, to the point of sadness. I had to work through that and the issues presented for a good couple days after that. Not unlike the way I used to feel on the second half of my speed binges back in the olden days.

I feel that if I hadn't added the 2C-B and/or if I had had no more than 5mg of the desoxypipradol, this wouldn't have happened.

As much as it is a promising compound for extended clarity and clear mental focus with manageable but evident excitement (I felt it was excellent for making music) as well as communicating with others, I found that there is a fine line between it providing enjoyable stimulation and it causing mental strain (not physically really, there are no jitters or racing heart or anything) to the point of being stressful and even causing distress. A tad like MDPV for me in that respect. Or cocaine, or crystal meth,ephedra, or caffeine.... hell, all stimulants, come to think of it!

Be careful with this one. Dose low and don't think after 5mg that if you're feeling so good now you'll surely be feeling even better if you do 10... Wasn't like that for me. Lasts ages as well.

What I want to find out with this compound is how a 3-5mg dose feels after it's been going for a number of hours - hopefully without topping up or adding loads of other drugs, so I can get a real feel for it. A friend who tried approx 8-10mg the day I tried it did not top up with 2C-B and only had beer and cannabis as adjuncts. He felt perfectly fine, and he reported no long-drawn comedown or after-effects either... whereas MDPV makes him edgy at doses even lower than that.

12 hours in now, got a fair bit of work done but spent most of my time performing useless tasks very entheusiasticaly, the stimulation was too strong and the quality and speed of my work suffered. While procrastinating I wrote a very long letter to my best friend in which I felt I got a lot of things off my chest that I'd been meaning to say for a while which is good. It all flowed very easily. Typing a lot in MSword also made me realise how bad my spelling is! Can't say I've enjoyed much of the experience, a sort of bland emotionless stimulation, certainly don't feel on top of the world like I do when I have speed. I don't have much experience with uppers and I don't think they're my thing.

Not really enjoyed myself, definately feel the side effects ourweigh the positive effects, the tightness in my stomach area particularly. I'm not writing this off as I feel a lower dose (not on a MDMA comedown) would be more enjoyable, I expect with further experimentation I'll find it more usefull than recreational.

My girlfriend came over and she didn't know I'd taken anything and now she's asleep and I'm tiptoeing around trying to find things to do! She was all horny but I wasn't interested which is out of character for me, I expected the opposite effect from the drug.

I should also note that, although I've not felt hungry, I don't find the idea of food unatractive and quite easily managed to consume (in no particular order):

1 egg mayonaise/salad cream sandwhich 9/10 well tasty but wasted an egg and made a mess by not leaving it to hard boil enough
1 short, fat, fresh carrot 8/10 very satisfying sort of cleaned my teeth too
1 juicy green/red apple 6/10 not the best
A small plate of LIDL 2 minute tortellini 8/10 quick and tasty
2 cans of carling 4/10 cheap
1 small caramel dairy milk chocolate bar 10/10 having the inside of your mouth coated in goo is great
10 cups of tea 5/10 pissing like a horse
20 rollup fags bleh/10 making me feel like crap but can't help myself

I've only managed to write 2000 words on my lab report, 800 on a heartfelt letter and 300 on a stupid fake newspaper article.
1 shower
Went to post office
Chatted a lot of shit

I need something to occupy my time! Unless anyone wants to deliver me some valium in the next hour I'm going to put our 2 month backlog of dishes in the shower and give them a good seeing to.

Last edited:
im actually thinking of picking some up, i was just wondering if combining it with mdma would take from the roll a bit...i personally like my pills with good amunt of mdma and just a tiny bit of meth to give you a nice amp for dancin all night, and it might be awesome to combin 10mgs of desoxypipradrol with some good quality mdma pills.

any thoughts would be awesome.

Checking in again, not had a wink of slep but dont feel too bad, took 3mg more to keep me going through lectures during the day. In a good mood!

Everybody seems to make the same mistake with it ie taking too much first time. When it was going to be marketed by Ciba-Geigy, the recommended dose range was 1-4mg. Anything more than 6mg with no tolerance is most probably going to produce too much stimulation, which is not euphoric regardless of the stimulant in question (I've had doses of amphetamine in the past that were too large and got no euphoria etc, just an intense stimulation that didn't feel comfortable).

In my experiments with it initially, I got up past 25mg which was er, intense and not fun (and meant sleep was an imaginary concept for 48hrs). Be careful combining it with psychedelics etc as in my experience it potentiates them to a fair degree (check part of OP where a friend laughed 'till she puked. The dose of 2C-D was nowhere near large enough to cause that on it's own; it' only became a lot stronger with the desoxypipradrol added in). If you do go without sleep, it's fortunate that it's pretty much side effect free so you don't end up with the psycho-cracked out feelings that amphetamine would have produced; you simply get very tired later on

Wow this stuff sounds really interesting. I don't really do much in the way of uppers and downers anymore, but this definitely sounds like something worth keeping an eye out for.

OK just realised my idiotic mistake. I worked out my dose of '10mg' by taking a fith of that I thought was 50mg but it was actually 100mg. I thought that if I was on 10mg I'd crash after roughly 16 hours at 9 this morning so I took a small booster dose so I wouldn't flake out at uni. I realised my mistake minutes after taking the booster... As someone who many times has called people irresponsible for eyeballing doses I feel pretty stupid to say the least.

So 20-25mg followed by ~4mg 16 hours later = wired as hell. I had to leave my lectures today as I couldn't sit still and I took the original dose to help me with a lab report due in tomorrow which I'm now strugeling with cause I'm too wired!

I'm not really manic though and physical side effects are minimal although I REALLY would have liked to sleep tonight and I've no benzos.

Yeah 20mg+ gets you to a similar place as things like meth as regards inability to sit still and having weird thoughts. Drink lots of fruit juice to help the kidney's clear the drug from the bloodstream (decreases plama pH so more is in the ionized form).

I only hope this acts as a warning to anybody who is foolish enough to intentionally ingest more than 20mg in one go

Sounds awesome. How long does the euphoria last? Happy camper 15 hours straight? And how long is the come up when taken orally? 8o

So 20-25mg followed by ~4mg 16 hours later = wired as hell.

8o 8o 8o Oooh dear.Too much too much.

You might find sleeping somewhat elusive for a couple of days.:\

Good luck :)

Ah benzos would be a good move IMO.

zophen said:
8o 8o 8o Oooh dear.Too much too much.

You might find sleeping somewhat elusive for a couple of days.:\

Good luck :)

Ah benzos would be a good move IMO.

On my second night with no sleep now, hopefully I'll be able to get some kip tomorrow. For an hour or so this morning I was jumping out of my skin and phoned EVERYONE I could to try and get some benzos but didn't have any luck. I got generaly stressed and paranoid earlier which wasn't great, my lesson on double checking dosages has been learned and I'm glad it's been an inconvienience rather than a hellishly intense trip or something.

^ Hey man I hear you on that one. I have massively overdone it myself before.
Don't count on any sleep [unaided] for another 24 hours though. :\

Take care , if you're kicking about in the next couple of hours PM me if you wish.

It has a very long half life which means any more than 10mg maintains plasma levels high enough to be effective for a couple of days. Bit of a harsh learning curve...

One silly initial dose (25mg smoked) and I didn't move from the chair in front of my PC for 3 days. It's a LOT more benign to the body than other stims, but I guess no stil is totally risk-free. Is this stuff, then, the methadone of stims? I suggest it may well be...

^So, after everyone warning you of it's ultra-long 1/2 life, you took, from what I understand, an unknown amount when you were already sleep deprived?