• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting Fentanyl (merged)

i recently found i could get som fent. patches for pretty cheap .... is there ways to take the gel out and make it for iv.... i recently had some fent. laced dope and it was ridiculous....

i wasnt talking to you ktx i was asking soloman.

pokergootch i would suck off the coating and crush the powder very finely before it was injected.

It can be done, but it is very dangerous and is how a lot of people die. Know how much fentanyl is in the patch total and always over-estimate your dose, never under-estimate. Fentanyl is nothing to fuck with. a couple mg is enough to kill even a tolerant user. I'm keeping this thread open just for the sake of harm reduction. It needs to be discussed that IVing a duragesic is a bad idea, especially when it's impossible to know exactly how much you're doing.

I'm going to merge this with the recent IV fentanyl thread

<> Merged

snowblowjoe said:
yes ive tried that method solamon. theres no need to dry it out first, just add hot water to the gel or ethanol and you should be alright.

hey solamon did u get any rush from injecting? i do like bucally it lasts the longest. i dont like smoking it cus it is very short lived. bucally is the best way in my opinion. but tomorrow im gonna take like 1/4th of the gel from a 50 and inject it. unless soloman says there is no rush. if there is no rush then there is no point to inject it.

Not really. The "rush", what there was of it, was really delayed and rather muted. The gel is so insoluble in your blood I can't imagine it getting into my brain all too quickly. If you are used to the H rush, Fen in gel is going to be a let down.

damn that sucks soloman. thanks for the info tho. have u ever tried mixing ethanol with the gel? it breaks down the gel much more than hot water would and maybe that would increase the rush. if the rush isnt amazing tho then there is no point to inject fentanyl unless you get liquid vials. buccal is the best way in my opnion, i found a way to not swallow for 20 minutes. i need about 75 or 100mcg tho for it to really hit me. 50 patches barely work for me

I've smoked 2 x 75ug/h patches with only moderate results, but then they were the patches I was on for a year. Funny thing is, I still get high off drinking a bottle of codeine linctus (400mg). I suspect that their is less cross-tolerance with fentanyl and 'traditional' opiates.

How about some info on the Mylan patches, I've heard it's possible to IV, but I can't find out how. Please, enlighten us all.

I have never injected a fent patch... I have gone on a binge and smoked 5 25mcg patches over 6-8 hours from like 10pm to 6am, just smoking

however now, if I smoke a 25mcg patch...I throw up

Be extremely careful with this. This year in my local paper there have been several reports of IV heroin users ODing on this stuff. I'd urge you to think again.

No one should be injecting fentanyl from any type of patch. The adhesives on the solid patches and the gel in the gel patches will tear you apart from the inside out. Not literally, but the gel and adhesive could clog veins or make you very sick/give you an infection.

Dont even consider IVing from a patch.

^^ not to mention the risk of fatal overdose from inaccurate dosage. Generally this is a horrible idea. Slam hydromorphone, morphine, diacetylmorphine, oxymorphone, oxycodone, whatever you'd like....but please people steer clear of IVing fentanyl ( especially from a gel patch, ampouls if you must ) if you value your life. Too many good...and intelligent...people have fallen trying to get loaded this way.

I took one of those 75 mcg per hour sticky fentanyl patches cut it up into little pieces. Then I put 8 syringes full of vinegar into a shot glass, figuring i could handle slamming 1/8 of the patch. I waited for 1 hour for the fentanyl to absorb into the vinegar then i pulled up a syringe of vinegar. I stuck it in my vein and as soon as the blood entered the syringe the whole solution turned really dark red almost black, i thought that was kinda ominous but sometimes things look like vomit but taste awesome so i pushed the plunger. It hurt pretty bad in a stinging way at first, i didnt seem to get any rush and i was like what the fuck my arm still hurts why am i not getting high, then i started to get really high, and i passed out and woke up to my girlfriend giving me cpr. Then the paramedics came in while i was awake and fine drinking a red bull, but i went to the hospital anyway just in cause because apparently i wasn't breathing for 4 minutes when i was passed out. When i went to the hospital they told me that I had more fentanyl in my system than anyone they had ever seen before. True Story, vinegar's the way to go it fucks you up.

sixpartseven said:
No one should be injecting fentanyl from any type of patch. The adhesives on the solid patches and the gel in the gel patches will tear you apart from the inside out. Not literally, but the gel and adhesive could clog veins or make you very sick/give you an infection.

Dont even consider IVing from a patch.
The adhesives from Durogesic patches are polyester based, they don't dissolve in water so they are no risk. I've shot Durogesic patches many times and always yielded a clear crap-free solution with just Fentanyl dissolved in accidified water. And for the person asking about how to shoot Mylan patches, since they are the generic copy of Durogesic patches, I assume they can be shot the same way as brand name Durogesic patches can be shot, so here is my way preperation for shooting Durogesic patches:

Cut a piece of the patch equal to the dose you want to shoot. Put it in a spoon, and add 1cc of water(or 0.5cc if you have 0.5cc syringes). Add 1 drop of acid solution with a pipette, like those from a eye dropper bottle(make the acid solution in advance by adding 5ml of water to 5ml of 10% hydrochloric acid in a shotglass). Heat the solution with several short intervals. Drop in a ball of cotton and suck up the solution, once it has cooled down. You are now ready to shoot your Fentanyl solution, be careful!!

You guys are overreacting. Fentanyl like every other drug is over hyped. Mind you I AM NOT SAYING that fentanyl is not dangerous. But i smoked 3 50 patches last night as was fine. I have also injected the gel and have been okay. If you have the tolerance and common sense then you are okay injecting the fentanyl. With all that being said I wouldnt recommend anyone else do it unless they are a very seasoned drug/IV user.

On a few separate occasions I've shot an entire 100 mic/hr patch (10+mg total), diluted with water into a total of 3 consecutive 1cc shots, and didn't feel much of anything! Conversely, I sprayed the same amount up my nose, taking care that it didn't run back out (it soaks in pretty quickly), and got much more sensation out of it.

Granted my tolerance is inconveniently high (9 opana IR10s iv to get a proper nod), but I expected MUCH more (from the fent & the oxyM). But, at least with the oxyM, it felt grrrreat once I finally got the dosage right - I started out with 5 mgs, then 10, then 20, and so on until finally at 40 I felt something which approximated a high. If you're still lucky enough to get your rocks off via oral/intended dosage, do yourself a favor and don't mess with it too much...a greedy quest for a minimally stronger buzz will exponentially and irreversibly cost you in the long run.

I shot a 50mcg patch in 1 shot and got hardly no buzz off it also Ohpanamanna. I have a very high tolerance but damn I thought I'd get something at least. I just added water and heated it a bunch of times to almost boiling. Should I have used an acidic solution instead of plain water? Will that extract the Fentanyl more efficiently? Also, does anyone know how well 91% iso alcohol does at extracting the Fentanyl from patches? I have a bunch more patches to try so if someone could let me know what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it a lot. I haven't tried to shoot the crystals formed when using 91% iso alcohol yet (because, in my experiment, it has not yet fully evaporated.) When it does, I'll let all u know how it went. (For anyone who's curious I am extracting the Fent from 3 used patches which I'm told will be about like 1 fresh patch once extracted.) Also, another ? What percentage of the Fentanyl is is the gel and what percentage is in the adhesive? I've heard its 75% in the gel and 25% in the adhesive. Is that an accurate guess? Someone please help. And everyone here who is scared of slamming Fent, don't worry. If u have any tolerance whatsoever u can handle slamming at least a 25mcg patch no problem. I weigh 130lbs and I can take a 100mcg easy (but as I said I have a high tolerance.)