• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting Fentanyl (merged)

Its sad how nieve people are to fentanyl and dont realize how potent it is., a couple people in my area ate all the gel off of a 50 fentanyl,all 3 dead on the living room floor. with the gel, i would be even cautious if you put just a drop on a spoon to inject, its that fucking powerful...i injected a pea sized amount of gel and ended up in the hospital.....

So I kinda need to get to the bottom of this, I have read all I can find thread wise and have a few questions. I am
experienced IV user and I know this could kill me so I should never do it.

Now, does it always burn for you repeat fentanyl IV'ers? Does alcohol make it worse or the acids? Or nothing burns unless you miss?

And for those whom have done this repeatedly, would you recommend the buzz/pain management of IV over other ROA's? I realize it would be possibly safer to go other routes, just want to know if you prefer it over sublingual, insuff, skin worn.

Finally, for harm reduction sake, I am about to attempt very small amounts of a watson 100mcg patch. Any last bits of advice? I do come here to learn from others. Thanks from this greenlighter.

And no worries, I am aware I can always take more, but never less.
Please dont let the first response be "yeah, dont do it" I am aware I shouldnt

SWIMs first post and it's to a thread that appears to be over 5 years old... sorry if this aint proper forum etiquette. Anyway, SWIM wanted to answer a few questions posed here. a little relevant background first: SWIM has done IV fentanyl for about 8 months (Duragesic Gel patches, 75 and 100mcg/hr, actavis mfg.), and the occasional "on the roof of SWIM's mouth" Sandoz 100mcg patches. Only the former can be IV'd somewhat easily - the Sandoz ones dont have gel.

Redd_loves_OC asked a few questions:

Now, does it always burn for you repeat fentanyl IV'ers?

~~~It doesnt burn at all (provided SWIY doesnt miss) when SWIY just uses water, SWIM imagines it could burn moderately to like hell as the solution is made more acidic (or basic). SWIM doesnt advise using acids on gel patches simply because it's not needed.

Does alcohol make it worse or the acids?

~~The little bit of alcohol in the patch doesnt hurt (again, provided SWIY doesnt miss). It should be mixed with water; its too gelatenous to draw up w/o it. See above re: acids.

Or nothing burns unless you miss?

~~ Correct. in SWIM's experience, misses hurt like hell no matter what SWIM is injecting, so simply put, dont miss. SWIY should never miss more than a few units at most. If you are missing, reposition. If you fill the needle with so much blood that you cant tell if you register, then you're pretty much f**ked unless you can tell by syringe volume (jackback or register produces no air bubbles). in SWIM's opinion, its' better to squirt it in your mouth than SC or IM a crapload of blood and drugs.

And for those whom have done this repeatedly, would you recommend the buzz/pain management of IV over other ROA's?

SWIM is a new member but is fairly sure ROA stand for route of administration. If SWIY is looking for pain management, and the safe(r) way to go, then wear the patches the way they are intended to be worn. SWIM cant do this because swim sweats horribly; even duct tape wont hold them on. :(

If SWIY is looking for a buzz, and has exhausted all other opiates, then IV may be the way to go. IV Fent should be reserved for 3 types of people: anesthesiologists, heavy IV opiate users, and the suicidal. SWIM is the second category. Officially, SWIM always recommends that all medications be taken in the manner and quantity in which they are prescribed by the person to whom the are prescribed; it may be a violation of federal law to do otherwise. Unofficially, IV fentanyl doesnt produce much buzz, certainly not the whack on the head that IV hydromorphone does, or the warm blanket that heroin does. The buzz in SWIM's opinion isnt even as good as a high dose (200-300mg) of insufflated oxycodone, however heroin is completely illegal at SWIM's location, hydromorphone leads to insane tolerance and is $$$$, ditto oxycodone.

inally, for harm reduction sake, I am about to attempt very small amounts of a watson 100mcg patch. Any last bits of advice?

Do *very* small amounts and use clean,new works, sterilize your water and skin, safe shooting techniques in general. Specifically, DO NOT mix fentanyl with ANYTHING else at first (even tylenol), and DO NOT try to chase that first hit with more if it aint good enough for you. ALWAYS have someone who will do CPR or call emergency services for you if you stop breathing.

SWIM has never had the watson patches so all of the above could be moot for them (except wearing them as intended).

Last edited:
dude get a nasal spray bottle and put the gel in it and add water and use it that way. best and safest way. you gage how much you do. hit it like 4 times in each nostril wait 15 mins to see how it effects you then do more if needed

I need some fentanyl in georgia. Can anybody help me out
Yes I can hook you up, with a link to the BLUA http://wiki.bluelight.ru/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)
You'll want to read it all, but give your undivided attention to article 1, which states:
Specifically, you may not use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation: attempting to solicit or obtain contraband substances
Also, we're about harm reduction, while I agree with you in that it's critical to gauge how much fentanyl you're doing, it is reckless to advise redosing every 15 minutes.

In my experience, when I really needed fentanyl, the fastest way for me to get it was calling up my doctor, he gave me an address and said to be there in 30 minutes and they'd be expecting me. When I got there it was really crowded. I had to wait in line, but once it was my turn the attractive young Pharmacist asked for a few bucks, then handed me the fentanyl, had me sign for it, and I was on my way.

And as a general reminder, we don't use SWIM (read the BLUA) as it is confusing, silly, and offers no legal protection whatsoever.

Last edited:
What's the IV or insufflation dosage for an opiate naive? Forum is so low on info about fentanyl, only talking about it being dangerous... Or tolerance people's dosages.

Edit: before talking about being incapable of measuring the dose - it is a patch, thus I can measure it with a liner and start very low.

What's the IV or insufflation dosage for an opiate naive? Forum is so low on info about fentanyl, only talking about it being dangerous... Or tolerance people's dosages.

Edit: before talking about being incapable of measuring the dose - it is a patch, thus I can measure it with a liner and start very low.

It's not a drug to be used by an opiate naive person, especially with those RoA. Chances are very good you'll end up dead. I seriously advise you start your experimenting with lesser opiates first, for an opiate naive person even 10mg of oxycodone can be overwhelming, vomit inducing and pretty devastating. You HAVE TO test your reaction to opiates to know how you react as an individual. Fentanyl isn't the shit you should be doing that with.

EDIT: Your question sounds similiar to this: "Hey, I just got my first car and I'm going to drive it for the first time, which super fast highway do you recommend for me to try this ferrari on?"

I have experience with codeine (100-150mg gets me high), buprenorphine (varies by ROA, but 0.5mg intranasal is enough for me to get me intense high and I may nodd, any higher than that and I feel nauseous too much), and soon I'll have experienced morphine and AH-7921. I think I may haven't made myself plain, by opiate naive I mean I rarely use opioids.

offtopic, i have to set my location to europe... everyone on these forums assume every user being USA citizen. No hard feelings :p

can i inject the gel or shud i break it down w white vinegar? lemon juice work as well or not?

Definitely don't inject the straight gel. You're going to want to micron filter. What kind of tolerance do you have?

Last edited:
you don't sound like an idiot to me. im sure you'll start small..right? right.

Yes. I hope you have a huge heroin habit if you're even considering injecting fentanyl.

IV fentanyl is incredibly short lived (it lasts a matter of minutes) and dangerous. You'd be so much better off just applying the patch to your skin.

Plus it will ruin your tolerance to heroin, and you'd be withdrawing hardcore very soon.

smoked 5 50mcg patches. no nod. no itch. no high. not all at once, mind you. im not crazy. i spread it out over 1 and a hlf hrs. :) did get enuf pain relief to make something to eat, though. trust me that's its own euphoria.

bundle in one gives me a little energy. briefly. long time ago i had a 1 bag a day habit 4..10-15 yrs. i considered anyone who'd put more than one in the cooker at the same time...well, insert a negative adjective.
the patch does nothing. NOTHING.
mind you, i wudn't mind a buzz, but honestly i just want to be as close to painfree [as ill ever get again] for long enuf to...oh i don't know, do anything. like even sit here and feel it.
cleaning this place would be a REAL party.
ok feeling high AND cleaning wud...
ok i want to feel high.
[8)damned honest nature!
high and less hurting. yum.

what's micron filter? im old school. WILL VINEGAR BREAK DWN THE GEL? saw recipe on later {earlier?) thread. or will water work. necessary to heat?

FYI don't know about the fentanyl itself, but neither white vinegar nor lemon juice hurts at all. zero. like water. once i only had red vinegar and used that. once. ONCE! NOT BAD, KINDA LIKE BURNING GLASS W/SIDE SALT THRU THE VEINS....:X:X like i said...i did it once.

Checkout this thread about micron filtration.

Don't add heat, nothing will break down the gel, just filter it out properly with the mentioned micron filter.

remember that when it comes to injecting drugs, the phrase "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" does NOT apply.