Votes: 50 10.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 172 36.8%
  • Usually

Votes: 191 40.8%

• Total voters

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
Do you drive while high/tripping/rolling/nodding/drunk/buzzed/faded/shot out/etc?

1. No never
2. Very rarely only when i absolutely have to/in a emergency
3. Sometimes
4. Usually

inspired by the thread''driving better high as BS'...could a mod make it a poll please...

How many of yall DONT drive high?

As far as the definition of "sober" goes...
goin to a rave and droppin e and acid at 10pm and then driving home at 5 am in the morning once you are back down to only feeling a body buzz wouldnt count as driving sober... being "passable" dont count as sober. neither would drinkin only 4 beers in a hour but driving back after that cuz youre only buzzed and pretty straight to drive....get the idea...

so If you dont drive high you either

A: dont do any drugs until you are done driving for the day and are ready to go to bed.

B: Do drugs while out but you stay wherever youre at long enough for the drugs to completely wear off and youre sober again and only then do you drive.

C: you get rides to/from wherever youre going when you know youll be fucked up.

D: you do drugs but stay over and crash at a place til the morning when you drive home sober.

So choice 1 no, never, would be you never in your entire life drove/plan to drive after consuming some drug.

choice 2, only in a emergency, is when you plan shit out so youll 99% of the time be able to avoid drivin fucked up but sometimes some unexpected shit happens that you gotta deal with and then you try and drive as safe as you can if you really have to do it.

choice 3, sometimes, is you dont really have a problem w/it and you do it if you have to or if not driving high would be inconvenient (havin to find a ride/not bein able to smoke cuz you gotta drive home, etc)

choice 4, "usually" is pretty much on the regular. all the time whenever youre fucked up you dont second guess anything just cuz of that youll just hop in the car anyways.

So anser the poll and say any comments you might have about it....:)

Choice 4. However, the only drug I drive under the influence of is weed. I wouldn't dare driving while tripping, rolling, or severely drunk.

My friends and I always roll blunts or jays and smoke that shit while driving around and listening to tunes. Hell, we'll go to drive to hardees and smoke a big fucking blunt on the way there. Honestly, weed does not hamper my driving whatsoever. I've had two car accidents in my life and both occurred when I was sober and both weren't my fault and I managed to get a lawyer to take the case...

Also, there is a study that says weed impairs driving to the same extent as over the counter cold medicine. So yea.

i'm between 2 and 3 in terms of past behavior but i am trying to get to one and succeedling pretty well (its not hard to plan ahead so that i dont have to drive intoxicated). i also want to mention that in the large majority of times ive driven high, i wasn't THAT high. it was more like driving after having come down from a marijuana high but was still slightly impaired, or driving on a low dose of opiates like a couple vicodin or 2 beers or a small amount of benzos. in other words, ive never driven intoxicated enough to where i would fail a sobriety test. not that im trying to excuse this behavior, i fully realize what i did was wrong and thats why i have now stopped driving high, even on low amounts of benzos. but i am proud to say ive never driven drunk or while ridiculously wasted on other drugs.

If by high you mean stoned, I pretty much try not to do anything BUT drive while I'm stoned. It's the only activity besides eating that I enjoy under the influence of marijuana.

Choice 2. I try hard not to because 1) I'd like to enjoy the high! and 2) in the event of an accident, it's not just my life in the whole equation. Many other lives are affected as well.

Choice 2, A.

I would say Choice 1 but I'm sure it's happened on rare occasion. I can't remember any but I'm sure it has.

4 for me. I avoid it while under the influence of benzos, alcohol, opiates, or psychadelics; though I have driven under the influence of all of the aformentioned before. Meth, cocaine, marijuana, or MDMA; I rarely hesitate...

i used to do it all the time. being unable to drive is an inconvenience.

i dont think i would now. one reason being i dont smoke now and the other being i get superparanoid and it makes my back hurt which makes it harder to drive. i dont think i would risk it.

i used to drive drunk once in a while. i would have to wake up really early and whether or not i was still drunk, i had to go to work/home/etc so i just went. yeah, that was fuckin dumb.

I'm in between 3 and 4 but trying hard to get to one. In the past I've driven on shrooms and other drugs and it was fuckin stupid. Could barely drive and I did it anyways... If I drive high now its on coke which still isn't good, but I'm trying to stay away from driving on anything.

inbetween 3 and 4, been just getting girls to drive me around if im too fucked up or shooting coke and don't want to be bothered with driving all sketched so haven't been doin it as much as usual lately.

choice 4 i drive on weed everyday but ill drive on anything except alchohal as its way to easy to get a d.u.i

i try to space out my sessions and driving.

But basically its more like "Ahh shit i gotta drive home, i better smoke 2 bowls instead of 5."

I've only done this once. I had about a half hour or so to go on the roll I was one when my parent's called my cell phone. Apparently my brother had been in an accident and they wanted me home.

Something like that sobers you up pretty quick.

between 2-3 leaning tword 3. It depends alot of the substance/ amount/ etc etc...

1. I commute by mountain bike, so my driving issue is stupid fucks talking on their cell phones. I have HAD to drive tripping on several occasions (long ago at least) and it is fucking scarry. Dont drive on anything!!

Kilgore said:
Also, there is a study that says weed impairs driving to the same extent as over the counter cold medicine. So yea.

Where can I get some of this special OTC cold medicine? Seriously, When I cna barely remember my name I don't think its the best Idea to get behind the wheel.

Going by Lacey's definition, a 4. But that's only because I will have a few beers and than drive. If I am drunk or stoned I never drive.

With exceptions. If it's booze, I'll normally sit outside at some point in the fresh air and chain smoke cigs to help sober up before driving. I never get shit faced drunk when I know I'll have to drive. But more then once I've hung out for an extra hour or two just to let the alcohol pass.

With weed, many many times I've driven joint in hand. Once or twice completely stoned. But again I'll give myself a few moments outside in the fresh air killing myself with ciggies if I'm that baked.

As for cocaine... well, I'm guilty of that oh so countless many times.

...................maybe I should have answered #4 :\

Yea, depends on the substance and dose. Drinking, cant/wont do it. Same for weed. Honestly, I feel Id be safer driving drunk than after smoking pot. At least when Im drinking I can focus, weed makes my mind wander.

Back in the day I was driving after smoking... thoughts went like this...

"Gotta get home, stay straight, I can do this, hmm, that song on the radio is good, I wonder if theyll play around here, hmm I like to play instruments, I wish I could play piano better, maybe Ill take some lessons, that wouldnt be so bad if I wasnt so busy and... OH FUCK IM MOVING AT 40MPH!"

Yea, no more of that. The one time I drove drunk at least it was...

"Shit, I shouldnt be doing this, focus focus focus".

Both are shitty, and I felt bad about both.

A low dose of opiates ie: not close to nodding, I would drive on. But then again, Ive been questioned by cops in this state and not set off red flags. Same thing with cocaine.

Basically, so long as I dont feel Im a threat to anyone Ill drive. And while Im sure thats the stupidest thing uttered, I honestly do think hard before I leave anywhere after injesting ANYTHING. I make damn sure I know Im "ok" enough to do it without putting anyone's life in danger (except my own, but Id rather die on my own than take someone with me).

There is no such thing as safe intoxicated driving. And I wont make excuses saying its ok when I do it sometimes. Im just posting in a thread on the internet and being honest with a group of people Ill probably never meet ;)