• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-meo-dmt scraps

^^^
Dan I'm glad you clarified your intent and showed you've actually been doing research.
Many people who make a post titled with the word choice you made get blasted here.
5-MeO-DMT is a very intense, very awe-some, very educational experience. I highly recommend being "passed" the experience from someone who understands it. I waited 5 years for that, and I'm glad I did.

From what I've gathered after skimming through some trip reports at erowid it seems that the difference between 5-MeO-DMT and DMT is the visual state. People on 5-MeO-DMT didn't commonly experience the "beings" and ultimate "hypserspace" that those on DMT experienced. They all commonly felt "life being sucked out of them (ego loss) and intense visual stimulation.

^^^
Ummm... yeah. If those words conveyed any hint at all what the intensity of this compound is like, then the description you post might COME CLOSE to what 5-MeO-DMT is like.
It's like what i tell people who intellectualize about yoga but never practice it.
"The understanding is in the experience of the practice -- it isn't in talking or theorizing about it."
5-MeO-DMT and nn-DMT are two completely different experiences. It would be seriously easier to compare 5-MeO-DMT to getting hit real hard over the head with a blunt object. Or even "5-MeO-DMT is like being loaded into a cannon, shot instantly into space, and exploding into nothing".
[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: yahazim ]

Naw, 5-Me0-DMT isn't for me. The experience lacks what I am searching for...I was reading and I found out that even though the visuals are intense they are NOTHING in comparison to the beauty, detail, complexity, and significance of the nn-DMT experience. I was reading further and the only comparison would be the extreme body load one recieves...and thats not my primary goal.
I guess thats why this was stated:
nn-DMT
"The Beauty of God"
5-MeO-DMT
"The Power of God"
I'm much more into the beauty aspect rather than the power aspect. Anyway, thanx for the responses. I can't wait until the day I am priviledged enough to recieve the gifts of nn-DMT. It may take years for it to find it's way to me but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

I never felt any body-load from 5-MeO-DMT. I found the effects blissful the experience much more useful and life-changing than my two DMT experiences. But definitely different strokes for different folks.

Eermmm
I thank Dan1584 for posting on this forum, for this is what it is after all. A forum for people to post questions, etc.
morninggloryseed: If you don't have anything useful to say, I suggest you don't say anything at all. If it wasn't for users like Dan1584 posting here, bluelight wouldn't exist. And your mod-job could be kissed goodbye.
Just because you are online most of the day and have to read everyones posts/edit/delete, doesn't mean you have to put users off, obviously making them feel 'dumb or unintelligent', which is what I thought you were doing - and Dan mentioned that in his next post. Even if you don't think thats what you were doing, thats the perception - and perception is reality.
I have also seen you do this in many other posts, basically putting users down. I've seen the signature link of yours that shows your trip reports on erowid, .. just cos you think you done it all why not SHARE some of that experience rather than act like your too good for it all? Help Dan, dont act like a prat.
dimmo.

if you have to ask man, your probably not ready for it
it is good that you have read the entire book on DMT, but they are different drugs
i have had the chance to do it before plenty of times, but i decided not to .. i dont know why
my friends have had some crazy times on it tho. I
i would suggest getting some now, just incase its legal status changes

You should buy it and keep it stashed until you think you're ready for such a powerful drug. Maybe start meditating and getting in touch with yourself before you use it. Don't just use this drug to get fucked up cuz it sure as hell isnt a party drug. Use it for the unique experience that can teach yousomething.

Dimmo: what on earth are you talking about? Everything I said to Dan was useful. I directed him to help himself. That is the best thing a man can do for another man. You feed a man a fish, he eats for a day. You teach a man to fish, he eats for life.
I don't know what you mean either...that I didn't share my experience with Dan. I typed several paragraphs to him about 5-MeO-DMT and shared my personal experience with the drug. I very much resent you saying I didn't help at all. What more do you want? I gave my opinion. I told him what I thought and answered his question.
I also really resent you saying I put people down. I don't put anyone down that asks a reasonable question in a reasonable manner. If I have ever insulted someone at bluelight, it was not because they simply asked a question. And you are flat out lying if you say I have/do.
I put a lot of time and effort into this forum. It is a for the most part a thankless job (I do get some 'fan' mail). I advise a lot of folks, and get plenty of positive feedback in the mail reflecting that. As a moderator, it is my job to keep the forum neat and tidy. And that means closing down a lot of threads that are nothing more than repeats of previous ones. And it means I sometimes have to play the bad guy.
If you don't like the way I run PD, then leave and don't come back. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

^^^
I agree with MGS here. I really looked at that statement you made dimmo and I don't see what you are saying.
Anyway.
I'm happy with MGS's work -- he does a good job.

MGS -
For what it's worth, I too think you are too quick to "pull the trigger" on a lot of threads. Sure, sometimes people post on things that have been discussed before, but who knows where they're headed. Discussions take unpredictable paths, maybe someone will post something that nobody's thought of before.
The other day a gentleman posted here wanting help for the aftereffects of LSD use. It sounded like he was in pretty bad shape, and could really use some help.
But you shunted his post over to another forum that gets a fraction of the traffic. Except for me, not one other person has responded to him...
I was very sad to see this. (BTW, the thread is here, if anyone wants to help this guy out):
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=37&t=000911&r=2
Is it really that important to keep the forum this "neat and tidy"? Would it really be a big disaster if people were allowed to post about stuff that didn't strictly conform to the guidelines you've set out?
Just a little feedback for you to think about...
[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: Mahan Atma ]

^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
I do think about it...Around two weeks ago I took nearly a month off from posting on Bluelight. And no offense to the other two mods, but this forum got pretty nasty and 'junked up'. Filled with off-topic rants, junk about marijuana/bongs, and other threads that belonged in DB and DC.
I stand by the job I do. Remember folks, this is not Drug Basics. PD is by sheer definition for the more advanced questions from more experienced folks. If it is a 'first time' question, then it belongs in another forum.
And we have been off-topic for too long so let's get back to discussion about 5-MeO-DMT or the big bad moderator will have to do his job and close this thread.
MGS
[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

Originally posted by morninggloryseed:
I do think about it...Around two weeks ago I took nearly a month off from posting on Bluelight. And no offense to SG or to PWL, but this forum got pretty nasty. Filled with off-topic rants, junk about marijuana/bongs, and other threads that belonged in DB and DC.
I stand by the job I do. Remember folks, this is not Drug Basics. PD is by sheer definition for the more advanced questions from more experienced folks. If it is a 'first time' question, then it belongs in another forum.
MGS

I understand, and I appreciate the time you spend here to keep this place orderly. I also know that it is very difficult to "draw a line" with regards to such messy subject matter, and one necessarily goes over that line occasionally.
For example, the guy I referred to above was certainly an experienced user, and his questions relating to LSD use certainly seemed on-topic, perhaps best answered by others who have had extensive experience with LSD.
Yes, his question also dealt with subject matter that is also covered by another forum, but as life does not fit into nice, neat categories, such overlap is pretty much inevitable.
Anyway, I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, just thought I'd give you a little feedback. Thanks again for your time and effort.

Yes morninggloryseed, i have red some post of u and i think sometimes u are a lil harsh with ur answers, dont forget there are many new drug users, with no experience and idea about what drugs are, they want to b informed, join bluelight and then post and ask(even if they post stupid things for u but maybe not for them)about X topic, and mods come here sometimes and make them feel like dumbs. That's quite unfair, mate.
Remember that not all the people know about erowid.org, to use the search, the right name of drugs, etc, etc; and people that have knowledge about all this would help them,,of course in a good way.
Cheers
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@CRC

Yes, but many of you are missing the point; this is a forum for the discussion of advanced topics - there is another forum for the more basic variety of question. A place for everything, and thanks to moderators, everything in its place.

Originally posted by Dan1584:
I'm not very much experienced with psychedelics. I've done LSD once and Mushrooms Once...I've done XTC a trillion times, and have done DXM once. I have the chance to get 5-Meo-DMT, should I go for it or not?

You know. I've never met you, but I had a dream with you in it. Went something like this.
You were in a castle way up in the sky on a cloud. You had taken some MDMA and was starting to come down from the roll, and you decided to insuffalate a small amount (5mg) of 5-MeO-DMT to get aquanited with how it feels, using the MDMA to "spin" the experience the right way.
You tried it, and cause of lots of experience with MDMA, was able to understand 5-MeO-DMT much better than taking a higher dose all by itself. You even insuffalated some more at later points in the night, stacking the effects as you conducted your research.
Then you went to sleep, and the dream ended.
Neat huh?

Originally posted by yahazim:
You even insuffalated some more at later points in the night, stacking the effects as you conducted your research.
At which point you sustained permanent brain damage, and began to suffer panic attacks that lasted for years...
Neat, huh?
[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: Mahan Atma ]

^^^
I've always had a fantastic and amazing time combining tryptamines (except AMT) and MDMA.
Don't know about you.
*shoulder shrug*

^^^
Well I think that everyone handles different drugs differently. Everyone has different limits in regards to the amount of the drug they can (safely) induce - and this is something which they themselves must explore.
And as Mahan Atma said, in a situation like this, start with the smallest dose possible.
dimmo :)

Originally posted by yahazim:
I've always had a fantastic and amazing time combining tryptamines (except AMT) and MDMA.
Don't know about you.
*shoulder shrug*

TO REPEAT: Just because YOU don't experience a serious problem, does not mean that HE won't experience a serious problem.
Here's another "dream" for you: Larry, Moe and Curly have a .38 revolver loaded with a single bullet. Larry spins the barrel, points it at his head, and pulls the trigger. [CLICK] Nothing happens. He hands the gun to Moe, who also spins the barrel, points it at his head, and pulls the trigger. [CLICK] Nothing happens. He hands the gun to Curly.
Curly says, "I don't know about this... Should I do it too?"
Larry and Moe say, "Well why not? WE didn't get killed!"
Next to nothing is known about the safety of this substance. What we DO know is that while most people don't appear to have a problem, a non-neglible number of people experience very serious problems. If you don't believe the story about my two friends, there are also similar stories on Erowid:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=5302
Another story of panic attacks. A pattern is emerging.
If you think that there are only a small number of bullets in the gun, and you're willing to risk the health of your own brain, FINE.
But this dude didn't even know the difference between DMT and 5-MeO-DMT until a day ago. He's relatively clueless. It's bad enough to encourage someone who's informed to use this substance; to egg on this guy, AND to suggest that he combine it with MDMA is downright unconscionable...
I get really depressed reading Erowid sometimes. Some of those stories make me cringe, big time. So many people act like TOTAL MORONS with these substances... There are times when I almost think the government is justified in trying to stomp these substances into obscurity...
[ 13 February 2003: Message edited by: Mahan Atma ]