Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Opiates

Baker

Bluelighter
The Big and Dandy LSD Thread

This subthread is meant for the discussion of combining LSD with opiates or opioid analgesics.

[original post:]
I have been wondering for a while now what a combination of something like LSD and opiate would be like.

In the past, after a break from opiates I have had quite profound experiences when combining weed with an opiate like codeine to amplify the euphoria.

These experiences have actually proven to be quite profound, and when understanding the sometimes visual nature of kappa opioid psychedelics such as salvia it makes me wonder if an intense psychedelic state could be achieved through combining opiates with LSD.

I understand that both are able of producing profound euphoria, but opiates may seem more dissociative. I remember reading of someones comments, noting that heroin + LSD actually proved to be a somewhat disturbing trip, and so it interests me as to the possibilities of what I may achieve.. If my main reasoning is for insight.

Every drug can be used as a tool, and every drug can be abused. I just wanted to understand the potential of opiates a little bit better, and want to know if anyone has any experience??

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think opiates have much synergy with psychedelics. They can definitely take the edge off or slightly dampen a trip, usually temporarily, because most opiates are shorter-acting than most psychedelics. That said, I wouldn't use opiates to kill or dampen a trip like I'd use benzos for that purpose, because the effect isn't strong enough. Taking a benzo on top of a psychedelic takes you down, whereas taking opiates together takes you down a little, but more sideways. It's almost as if some of the tripping euphoria is replaced by opiate euphoria.

I have taken LSD and DPT on top of strong Poppy Tea. You can find the report in the TR forum if you're interested. I did not find that it dampens the trip one bit, not even like benzos. It simply relaxes you and makes it easier to navigate through psychedelic space, but the trip goes on strong as ever.

yes I also agree. Society loves to stigmatize opiates but the truth is that they are eye opening tools in their own right if used with respect and caution. I can speak for combining them with LSD but they seemed to greatly amplify the psychedelic aspects of cannabis. Closed eye visuals are absolutely exquisite and it allows you to slow down and focus on one thought process at a time. However I do sometimes feel that opiates allow me to feel too comfortable for the cruel reality check. Sure it still happens but is often less horrible on opiates which can be good or bad depending on how much suffering it takes for you to get the message so to speak.

yep. and so many people have scoffed at me when i mention that opiates can be psychedelic. from my life experience, ANYTHING can be a psychedelic. and yeah they are great for trips if your uncomfortable, because they definatly dont dampen it like benzos do.

I found a small dose of 2c-i (~5-6mg) and 20mg of oxycontin worked well for me in a party setting once.

20mg of oxycontin had me nodding out! Not exactly a party animal here!

Anyways, for me opiates are utterly worthless and I wouldn't combine them with a psychedelic. Opiates are a drain and a waste of long-term energy.

I absolutely agree that opiates can be mixed with psychedelics. I find kratom in particular to synergize very well with psychedelics. Taking an opiate does tend to reduce the power of the trip slightly, but only because the opiate euphoria makes you feel distanced from it. The trip still continues on. Although, depending on the substance, the visual activity will sometimes be reduced.

It's like the two coexist but actually don't interact directly with each other. It's a case of the emotional side-effect of the opiate (euphoria) calming your existential crisis. :)

Its definitely a matter of perspective and utility. I agree, opiates are a tool just like psychedelics are tools.

However, for someone prone to addiction, opiates may be a dangerous tool to use. Psychedelic drugs do not have this addictive edge to them (though of course one can find oneself addicted to psychedelics).

In addition, psychedelics do not operate in any way that one can easily compare them to opiates. Psychedelics have continually allowed inspiration, light, and beauty into my life. As such, they are more useful, long-term as tools to develop insight and understand one's self and place in the world.

Opiates, on this front (for me at least) have been utterly worthless and a drain of energy and inspiration. Just pleasure (I disagree calling this euphoria).

Back on topic, I think you would be better served throwing the opiates away.

Opiates are definitely a slippery slope. I also agree with your assessment that the opiate high is pleasure as opposed to euphoria. The only opiate I've ever had that actually can produce euphoria (which I define as a feeling of soaring joy radiating from your solar plexus) is kratom. Other opiates seem to cause contentment, which is much different from euphoria.

Smoked opium is a very awesome combo with acid. Less nausea than with the pharmateutical vareity.

klowns said:
yep. and so many people have scoffed at me when i mention that opiates can be psychedelic. from my life experience, ANYTHING can be a psychedelic. and yeah they are great for trips if your uncomfortable, because they definatly dont dampen it like benzos do.

Nodding on morphine feels like a definite psychedlic state, just not on the manic, hyperassocitive end of the spectrum of psych experiences. I've never hallucinated on opiates though.....

I think the combo would be good, if you chose an opiate that wasn't nauseating and enjoyable in its own right. Opium woul probably be nice....

willow11 said:
Nodding on morphine feels like a definite psychedlic state, just not on the manic, hyperassocitive end of the spectrum of psych experiences. I've never hallucinated on opiates though.....
I have two words for you: Lewis Carroll ;)

I stick to snorting oxycontin, although it may be more intense orally with the same amount, I like to snort a little bit more than you would take orally, because I hate nausea.

Most of my experiences with opiates and psychedelics are on the come-down. I have taken vicodin before taking 2c-i, and even though the effects from the 2c-i lasted 4 times as long as the vicodin it really helped to relax my muscles and deal with the over stimulation associated with 2c-i.

However with acid I never deal with over stimulation or any real reason to use opiates on it. However they are, as always, great for comedowns!

it's shit, you come off a nice nod and you're tripping fucking balls. or if you have the LSD first its not easy trying to shoot dope while your veins are writhing up and down your arm like snakes.

I smoked opium during the peak of a trip once because I had taken meth about 6 hours previously so I was still a bit edgy. It did the fucking trick. Calmed me right down and plastered a silly smile all over my face. The rest of the trip was cruisy as.

There are other ways to take opiates than shooting them, you realize...

Ive smoked heroin on LSD on a few occassions and i would highly recommend it. the rush is the most intense opiate rush ive ever felt. i would hold in a good hit for few seconds before i started feeling the rush, my eyes would close and id nod out into a pleasant little dream land for a matter of seconds before returning to my trip. oh, but you have to get over the "drugs/opiates will destroy my life" trip that psychadelics bring out. ive taken every drug possible on hallucigens, many times, in many combinations and the only thing i would never recommend is cocaine while tripping, but thats just based on personal experience. also, id like to add ive never tried crack at all, but imagine it would make a trip dangerously obsessed.