• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Opiates

I used to always take kratom (an opioid) during psychedelic come-downs and sometimes during the come-up if I got too anxious. However, after I forced myself to work through these stages in several key trips, I discovered that the anxiety in both situations is psychosomatic. Now I dislike taking even kratom (which leaves the trip more intact than other opiates IMO) until the state is totally gone or I really need to sleep and there's residual stimulation, because I find the experience to be much more rewarding and complete when it is allowed to run to its natural end.

Yes, thats what I'm personally thinking, may be better to work through any edgy feelings, even post-trip. I find the post-trip the most fruitful part of the trip usually (it is where the seeds you just cultivated begin to blossom).

But, then again I have no experience with LSD (at a +3 level at least), DOx, or any other long lasting stimulating substance. I have heard these edgy post-trip negative symptoms most often attached to the long ones (I like my psychedelic easy/quick in and quickly out/return to lucid baseline).

Acid + Opiates?

A friend of mine recently dropped and nodded in the same night (around the same time) and at first I thought what a waste. But then the more I thought about it the more epic it became in my mind. Imagine the incredible closed eye visuals you'd get! The muffling of sound that usually happens with opiates would be made a million times more intense.

This is now my next combo to try, has anyone else done it? Strong lsd dose + strong opiate dose, no kiddy shit.

QuasiModo said:
Imagine the incredible closed eye visuals you'd get! The muffling of sound that usually happens with opiates would be made a million times more intense.
I've thought about similar things as well. I've never done acid, but when I do, I want to do it with a low-medium dose of H.

This thread should get some good responses...surely someone here has tried this before ;)

ed/ delta-9 bet me to it lol

i always felt opiates damped the lsd high aand should be used for coming down usually in combination with a barb; this is based on personal experience.

I really want to try this, but I did GBL(I know its not ope but its a downer) with acid and it sucked. Made things seem more like delusions than hallucinations.

I've been on opium and smoked DMT (I may have also done the same with LSD, my memory is gone wonky)...That was enjoyable, but I don't know about really synthetic opiates/opioids. Personally, I think that a 'strong' dose of an opiate is unnecessary when on a 'strong' dose of LSD and potentially dangerous, in the sense that you are more likely to 'lose control'. No kiddy shit, man.....also that sucks, but eh whatever....:) Consuming a lot of drugs doesn't make you strong; perhaps foolish and actually, in that sense, more childish.

Anyway, cheers delta9 for pointing out the thread; thats the one to check out.

Not about acid plus opiates but 2CD plus opiates.

When I was using methadone & morphine all the time i could easily plug 100mgs+ of 2CD.

I found recently after returning to try it again that the opiates had clearly significantly affected/lessened many of the effects excepting the visuals, which were always really good.

The idea of plugging 100mgs these days seems ludicrous to me now - be a complete space case I reckon.

I didn't find that the opiates affected LSD significantly or 2CE.

High strength blotter plus methadone extended realease tablets dropped at same time was nice, sort of took some off the pressure out off the start off the trip (but was using acid every day at the time) enjoyed it till i blew my mind out with ketamine. The k seemed to last so much longer than usuall but when came out off the hole a bit and smoked a little crystal enjoyed the combo..

swilow said:
Consuming a lot of drugs doesn't make you strong; perhaps foolish and actually, in that sense, more childish.

Agreed.

The combo has been enjoyable the few times I've tried, however it generally detracts from from the trip. You might get the warm fuzzies, but you'll likely be held back from achieving rapturous states of spiritual bliss, which are incomparably more rewarding.

Psychedelics enhance perception and certain aspects of cognition, whereas opiates cloud perception and cognition.

With drugs, less is generally more. Unfortunately, many BLers don't see it that way. To avoid being hypocritical though, I must admit that I forget that fact myself occasionally.

ive never done a strong either dose. most l ever was 3 blotter a couple years ago for my 18th and with opiates around 30-40mg hydrocodone rectal. everytime ive dosed except for my 18th b-day and last saturday, ive found an opiate to calm the come up. the L come up for me is pretty bad compared to most of my friends, so i try to have a couple opiates around to use if it gets too much. it doesnt take away much from the trip because I only use 1-3 times the rec. dose (depending on the kind) and only pharms, so nothing too strong.

I used some percocet one time after coming down on acid. It's really nice for the tail end of a trip. I'm interested in combining a low dose of methadone/OC/any decent long-lasting opioid for a future attempt at tripping to see how well they gel. I certainly don't want to try this until after I've done acid or whatever on it's own a few more times, though.

Merged in opiate and acid threads. Hope they isn't toooo out of orda.

LSD + opites synergize well in a relaxing, sublimely beautiful, highly beautiful, nodded out state ... however it does not tend to be profound. Unlike cocaine, however, I don't find that opiates really fuck with the ego-dissolving aspect of psychedelics, they can fade you out almost completley... but not in the usual rush-into-the-cosmic-infinity information-overload followed by ego edathLSD sense, just a sense of being/non-being....

I find a vicodin at the beginning of the trip helps with the anxiety (probably take both at the same time), but I try to stay away from them during the trip.

I find opium and poppy tea/poppy seed tea to actually be quite mind-manifesting in their own right by themselves, especially opium. I usually feel quite stimulated on these so I like to write music if I have opium which is rare. Synthetic opiates don't really cut it for me, though morphine would come close to the dream feeling I like from oium poppy alkaloidsds.

Combined some poppy tincture with a hit of LSD tonight and it's been pretty damn pleasant I must say. I find LSD to comfortably combine with most drugs though. On the other hand this was a unique yin/yang balance sort of situation, the poppy tincture filled in the cracks so to speak, providing some warmth and sense of stability to the LSD, where it tends to have some minor weak points. And vice versa, the LSD brought energy and creativity to the dull but otherwise pleasant opiate headspace. I think there may be a peanut butter/jelly phenomena here. A sum greater than the parts. At various points this has reminded me of an Entactogen in the best ways, a sense of emotional unburdening and open endedness.

Last edited:
I combined heroin, methadone and opium on few occasions with psychedelics. Each time it was wonderful high and each time it made experience more “candy” and less deep. It’s a nice thing to experience but if you don’t have problems with opiods already this is another way you could get them slowly creeping in if you start to indulge in that often enough, like with opiods for stimulant comedowns and as with enough such experiences you might focus on opiods more than psychedelics.