• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question About How much Klonopin to Feel Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I'm not surprised! 28mg is a ridiculously high dose for a first time! I've been taking clonaz daily for 6 years, have an insane tolerance, and am hopelessly dependant on the stuff. But I've never once needed to take that much.

this might be a bit off topic here, but can clonazepam really shut down your CNS? how much would it take?

^ If your CNS shuts down, you die. It's actually rather difficult to die from benzos alone - or at least, more difficult that most people realise. You're more likely to wind up in a coma. Things become much more dangerous when benzos are combined with other CNS depressants.

^ Nope. 5mg is a reasonably high dose for someone with no tolerance... it might make you real sleepy, but it shouldn't cause any harm. Just remember not to drink alcohol or do opiates with it!

Look, not dicksizing here, but you won't shut down your CNS system from benzos alone. I took 330mg alprazolam with a bunch of other shit and was fine. Of course, I had a tolerance, but I'm just sayin'...

I took 330mg alprazolam with a bunch of other shit and was fine. Of course, I had a tolerance, but I'm just sayin'...

You and I both have a tolerance, but the guy asking the question doesn't. What's the point of even saying something like that?

The point of saying something like that is to say "good luck shutting your system down with benzos only".

^
Yeah, but don't be surprised if the alcohol feels stronger than normal...pace yourself.

This is my very first post so forgive me if I'm doing something incorrectly but I found this thread through Google when I was searching "Klonopin How Much Is Too Much". Yesterday, I ran out of Oxycodone [just 15mg -- I don't have a high tolerance or addiction at this point, it is early on in my use] as well as Ultram [which is a long story and apparantly only does anything for me] so I took some of my Subutex. Well, today, I have Ultram and have been taking a ton to try to negate the damn Subutex that is still in my system and because Ultram has caused me to have seizures in the past, I've also been taking [snorting] klonopin a little at a time to prevent me from seizing from the high dose of Ultram. The Subutex has about worn off at this point and I can feel the pain pill but now I'm worried, as I always am, about the mixture of drugs that I took. Anything in this mixed bag that sounds life threatening? If anyone actually replies I can give you doses.

Klonopin Highs

I am trying to withdrawl from pain killers. I am going totally cold turkey on them this weekend because its a holiday weekend and so I don't miss work next week. I know I'm going to go through the shakes, sickness, insomnia, etc. I was taking 3 vicodin a day (7.5/750mg) for 1 year. Then I stopped that and was taking 2 Suboxone pills a day to 5 months. Now I am stopping Suboxone. Suboxone gave me a slight high.

I was given several Klonopin (1 mg each) and was told if the withdrawls from pain killers/suboxone get really bad, take half of the Klonopin pill.

Does anyone here agree with this? Also, will I feel a high from it?

You won't get high from it, but it might very well calm you down. Benzos were always a MUST HAVE whenever I would detox from opiates.

IMO benzo basic 'dosage questions' shouldn't even be a question anymore as it's been done to death, plus, a person could get euphoria of 1/4th mg (it's possible!), while another with high Benzodiazepine tolerance could perhaps get a SLIGHT buzz @ 16 mg.

I was prescribed this the other day (klonopin). (.25 mg in the morning and a second dose at night) Having to cut the .5mg tablets in half. Well, needless to say, the first night (after doing some research of course) I decided to take 3 of them (1.5 mg). All I can remember is not being able to stand up straight, I practically just "fell" on my bed.... woke up 12 hours later and found out that I said a bunch of random shit to random people on facebook, and I'm sure I did a lot more other things that I just can't recall because after recounting my pills I it turned out that ended up taking a total of 7 (3.5mg)... so yeah.... this drug deserves much respect even in low doses.... Needless to say it works wonders for my anxiety. As far as "getting high".... Unless you want amnesia I don't see the point in taking anything higher than 2-4mg (that's just my experience with my low tolerance of course). Hell, give me 1 mg and I'm just really calm and clumsy, wouldn't call it euphoric so the reason why anyone would do more I have no idea... well, if it was euphoric I don't remember it... on the other hand without it I couldn't enjoy weed or cocaine, so I better get my doc to up my dose cause those .5's are vanishing quick!

Last edited:
If its your first time 2 or 3 my brother was tripping balls on 3 damn that was funny me I have a high tolerance so I would do about 5.

Swallow on an empty stomach. Take 2mg.

Once a person is benzo-dependent IMO the only ones that will still cause a buzz are alprazolam, diazepam, temazepam, and triazolam. Klonopin is nice... but only for the first couple days.

I could swallow 5-6 and feel barely any difference at all I guess I have a high tolerance now I have quit taking them for the most part.To your question 2mg should be a good starting point.

dude you jsut seem to have something against me mr EGOr. wtf? the doses i listed on not stupid. some people are PRESCRIBED 20 mg a day dude. 8-15 mg for a newb would be a lil rediculous sure, but this here fellow has beeen taking them every day for a year. that means they are used to teh effects of kpins. that means 8-15 is not stupid. you can take a couple hundred mg and be ok. very safe drugs. you suggest to him 2-3 mg? man he said he wanted to get high. trust me, 2-3 mg is most likely not going to do it for you
I certainly hope the OP didn't take this advice. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.