• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Inhaling alcohol via dry ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
ktx49 said:
dude this is crazy but overdriven is correct about everything....

and the CO2 building up on the floor? ...'come on dude! haha that was funny if this was any real danger then what about at halloween parties when people fill buckets and coolers of the shit! i think u are getting carbon monoxide and co2 confused but still it was a funny comment! even if it did build up on the floor its not like hes laying with his nose to the carpet is it?

Haha exactly. Thank you.

You know what...I'm going to try this and report back. Maybe sometime this weekend. It sounds interesting enough. Has anyone here heard of tests that were done with alcohol inhalers? Just like an asthma inhaler, but full of ethanol. Basically they were deemed unsafe because you can get fucked up very quickly from a much smaller amount of alcohol. The positive side is that it hits you much faster so you don't over drink and then have alcohol poisoning 30 minutes later. You can think of it like the difference between eating heroin and smoking it.

good analogy man!

u should make a trip report but post back in this thread linking to it so we know what happened.

btw what spirit will u use? vodka? seems the most logical since its clear and clean but u must admit it sounds cool to inhale some jaegar instead of drinking ice cold 'mister, u can inhale it lol!

goood luck also will the dry ice taste like CO2 from a paintball cylinder?

I'll probably use Bacardi 151 since the highest concentration of alcohol would be the best. I want to take as few puffs as possible.

in that case use golden grain its even more pure; 195 proof if it hasnt changed.

Survival0200 said:
Why wouldn't they just drink it? Diluted, of course. :D

I mean, no need to go overboard, when you can just get drunk by drinking it the old way.

It's still alcohol, no matter how you take it.

It's more the novelty of the idea. Anyone can just drink alcohol =)

ktx49 said:
in that case use golden grain its even more pure; 195 proof if it hasnt changed.

Never heard of that, but I'll look. What kind of liquor is it?

I have a very bad feeling that this is going to hurt like hell.

The dude's on the video said that the hydrophobic interaction between the two carbon backbone would interact with the hydrophobic carbon dioxide, and once the CO2 sublimes it carries the vaporized ethanol along with it.

ktx49 said:

Well I don't want to die instantly either
tearel9.gif

This is a joke, sublimation of ethanol? Sublimation of alcohol isn't occuring, sublimation of CO2 IS. When attempting to inhale ethanol you want to vaporize it. Liquid to gas.

Sublimation is solid to gas.

Solubility of ethanol in CO2 would be minimal if this even worked. Just because he showed a chemistry book doesn't mean he knows what the hell he is talking about. The mere observation that CO2 and Ethanol are both nonpolar isn't enough to make me think this would work.

If you want to get alcohol into vapor you need to heat it.

BigBenn said:
This is a joke, sublimation of ethanol? Sublimation of alcohol isn't occuring, sublimation of CO2 IS. When attempting to inhale ethanol you want to vaporize it. Liquid to gas.

Solubility of ethanol in CO2 would be minimal if this even worked. Just because he showed a chemistry book doesn't mean he knows what the hell he is talking about. The mere observation that CO2 and Ethanol are both nonpolar isn't enough to make me think this would work.

Those alcohol vapourisers use ultrasound if i remember correctly. So alcohol certainly can be vapourised without heating it. Never heard of using dry ice though!

BigBenn said:

What does this have to do with solubility of ethanol in CO2? The ethanol is not being turned into a gaseous state. It is being ATOMIZED into a very fine mist. That will work without a doubt. Don't believe me? Take a chunk of dry ice and put it in a bowl of ethanol and let it sit in the middle of a carpeted room. Once the dry ice is all gone and the fog has disappated, feel the carpet. It will be SOAKED with ethanol.

That could be Water. Did it even smell like ethanol?
Maybe it was just the cold CO2 making condensation.

On the other hand, supercritical CO2(CO2 under a lot of pressure until it behaves like a liquid) is used to make decaffeinated coffee. Who's to say that CO2 gas doesn't have similar properties? Definatly would be less effective as a solvent, but maybe it could work.

Who's tried this thing yet?

I'm moving this thread over to advanced drug discussion where someone will have a clue, and set you people straight. Sorry, this isn't overly advanced, but I don't want misinformation to be spread and I (and most other people in this forum) have no knowledge at all on this subject.

-> Advanced Drug Discussion. Mods do with this thread as you see fit.

Right in the interests of harm reduction, I'm closing this. Getting off your fave on anything while handling dry ice is a recipie for disaster (and dru ice can cause the sort of burns that require amputation of fingers etc if your skin or other tissue makes direct contacr with solid CO2

Status
Not open for further replies.