Bluelight

Thread: Inhaling alcohol via dry ice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. Collapse Details
    Inhaling alcohol via dry ice 
    #1
    SSIA.

    I know it sounds stupid, but a couple of my friends brought this up today.

    Are there any dangers of consuming alcohol via this method and is 80 proof vodka enough?
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Bluelight Crew sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    another galaxy
    Posts
    7,491
    I'd imagine the main dangers would be causing lung damage by freezing them, and of course alcohol poisoning from taking too much. That's about all I can tell you.
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Bluelighter egor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    former pangea
    Posts
    5,338
    Let us know how it goes
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Bluelight Crew sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    another galaxy
    Posts
    7,491
    ^ C'mon, this is a harm reduction forum. How about, "tell them not to try it." hehe..
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Bluelighter hfrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    1,289
    Why on earth would you want to inhale 100% CO2? That's what you would be doing. I doubt you could even get enough alcohol in the vapor and you would most likely asphyxiate yourself or knock yourself unconscious!
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    This is a REALLY interesting idea. What most people here don't realize is that the "smoke" that comes from dry ice being thrown in a liquid is actually atomized particles of that liquid. Give it a try. Two things though...CO2 does not feel pleasant to inhale. You can probably get past it though. Second, DO NOT take one huff after the other. Leave time for oxygen to get into your lungs.
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter lifeisforliving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,552
    So your friends want to inhale carbon dioxide and ethanol vapours?

    They will either pass out, feel hypoxic, confused, lethargic. If they use alot of dry ice in an enclosed space, that too can build up to toxic levels. Carbon dioxide is heavier than air, so *in an enclosed space* you will end up with a layer of carbon dioxide building up on the ground.

    I guess the main question is: Why would they want to do that?

    (and yes, they would end up supercooling the alcohol as well. It's not good to drink really cold liquids, and HORRIBLE if ANY piece of dry ice comes into contact with skin/insides of your body).
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Bluelight Crew sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    another galaxy
    Posts
    7,491
    ^ Great advice. I was hoping that someone with a decent background in chemistry/and or physics would step in. Thank you!
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisforliving
    So your friends want to inhale carbon dioxide and ethanol vapours?

    They will either pass out, feel hypoxic, confused, lethargic. If they use alot of dry ice in an enclosed space, that too can build up to toxic levels. Carbon dioxide is heavier than air, so *in an enclosed space* you will end up with a layer of carbon dioxide building up on the ground.

    I guess the main question is: Why would they want to do that?

    (and yes, they would end up supercooling the alcohol as well. It's not good to drink really cold liquids, and HORRIBLE if ANY piece of dry ice comes into contact with skin/insides of your body).
    1. Carbon dioxide on the ground will dissapate unless they are in an airtight room, but really who cares about CO2 on the ground?
    2. You will not pass out if you have breaths in between.
    3. They would want to do it because inhaled ethanol will go straight to the blood stream and is a more effective way of getting wasted.
    4. The alcohol vapor will NOT be supercooled. Thats completely rediculous.
    5. The alcohol itself will barely see a dip in temperature. It certainly won't become as cold if you were to put it in a freezer unless you keep dumping tons of dry ice into it over a long period of time.
    6. You can handle dry ice...I've done it many many times. You can't let it touch skin for more than about 2 seconds before you move it to a different place.
    7. How would it come into contact with him anyways? The dry ice would be at the bottom of a bottle of liquid.
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Heres a vid of some people doing it. Not sure how safe or legit that is.
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic
    ^ Great advice. I was hoping that someone with a decent background in chemistry/and or physics would step in. Thank you!
    Coming from someone with a science background, its obvious that Lifeisforliving doesn't have much of one. I'm not trying to be mean, but alot of what he/she said is completely wrong. They post it like they know the facts, and thats how misinformation is spread.
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    OverDriven, no need to be so crude. Life did mention that it could be dangerous in an enclosed place, which is true esp if its done in larger quantities. And yes, you CAN pass out if you keep inhaling because no oxygen is reaching the lungs. It may seem obvious to you to take breaths of oxygen in between hits, but this is bluelight and there are plenty of people who aren't as smart as you.
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Bluelighter egor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    former pangea
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian Cocaine
    Heres a vid of some people doing it. Not sure how safe or legit that is.

    It did not look particularly pleasant in the video.
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    ebola?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    situated in space-time
    Posts
    20,347
    I don't get it. By what mechanism is the ethanol vaporizing?

    <<<<not a natural scientist.

    ebola

    Getting high? RTFM: Bluelight Drug FAQs | Bluelight WIKI
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    ebola?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    situated in space-time
    Posts
    20,347
    nevermind.
    useful video!

    ebola

    Getting high? RTFM: Bluelight Drug FAQs | Bluelight WIKI
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Every once in awhile at my highschool there will be a "craze" once someone finds an innovative way of getting fucked up. Last time it was giving blood and drinking afterwards. This sounds more interesting .


    I got alcohol poisoning once when I was young(er) and stupid(er) and haven't had a drop of hard alcohol since. Can't drink it anymore. This could be an okay alternative but i'll still be wary =).
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    oh boy.. theres not much of a danger aside from getting a headrush from the alcohol.. i recomend this method.. lol
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Bluelight Crew sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    another galaxy
    Posts
    7,491
    Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
    Coming from someone with a science background, its obvious that Lifeisforliving doesn't have much of one. I'm not trying to be mean, but alot of what he/she said is completely wrong. They post it like they know the facts, and thats how misinformation is spread.

    Well, I don't know what to say then, not sure who to believe either. I don't claim to be an expert on everything. I mostly only know about pharms due to years of experience and research. Dry ice and "smoking alcohol" sure isn't anything I'm familiar with. It sounds like a bad idea though.
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Bluelighter Survival0200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lonely place in silence
    Posts
    3,164
    Why wouldn't they just drink it? Diluted, of course.

    I mean, no need to go overboard, when you can just get drunk by drinking it the old way.

    It's still alcohol, no matter how you take it.
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    dude this is crazy but overdriven is correct about everything....

    and the CO2 building up on the floor? ...'come on dude! haha that was funny if this was any real danger then what about at halloween parties when people fill buckets and coolers of the shit! i think u are getting carbon monoxide and co2 confused but still it was a funny comment! even if it did build up on the floor its not like hes laying with his nose to the carpet is it?
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ktx49
    dude this is crazy but overdriven is correct about everything....

    and the CO2 building up on the floor? ...'come on dude! haha that was funny if this was any real danger then what about at halloween parties when people fill buckets and coolers of the shit! i think u are getting carbon monoxide and co2 confused but still it was a funny comment! even if it did build up on the floor its not like hes laying with his nose to the carpet is it?
    Haha exactly. Thank you.

    You know what...I'm going to try this and report back. Maybe sometime this weekend. It sounds interesting enough. Has anyone here heard of tests that were done with alcohol inhalers? Just like an asthma inhaler, but full of ethanol. Basically they were deemed unsafe because you can get fucked up very quickly from a much smaller amount of alcohol. The positive side is that it hits you much faster so you don't over drink and then have alcohol poisoning 30 minutes later. You can think of it like the difference between eating heroin and smoking it.
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    good analogy man!

    u should make a trip report but post back in this thread linking to it so we know what happened.

    btw what spirit will u use? vodka? seems the most logical since its clear and clean but u must admit it sounds cool to inhale some jaegar instead of drinking ice cold 'mister, u can inhale it lol!


    goood luck also will the dry ice taste like CO2 from a paintball cylinder?
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    I'll probably use Bacardi 151 since the highest concentration of alcohol would be the best. I want to take as few puffs as possible.
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    in that case use golden grain its even more pure; 195 proof if it hasnt changed.
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Survival0200
    Why wouldn't they just drink it? Diluted, of course.

    I mean, no need to go overboard, when you can just get drunk by drinking it the old way.

    It's still alcohol, no matter how you take it.

    It's more the novelty of the idea. Anyone can just drink alcohol =)
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •