• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Focalin

beautiful_escape

Greenlighter
I'm just looking for some basic info on the ADHD medication Focalin (XR). All I could find on erowid is that it's basically the same thing as adderall; that Focalin is the brand name for Dexmethylphenidate, which is an isomer of Methylphenidate and is about twice as potent. I've heard it has an additional euphoric effect that you don't get with regular adderall - is this true? and does blowing it the same as blowing adderall, or is that not a good idea? mixing adderall and focalin? Any information would be fantastic...

Sorry if this is a repeat thread; I searched for Focalin but didn't find any threads that had comprehensive information on the drug.

"Dexmethylphenidate (commercially known as Focalin) is a pharmaceutical drug used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It is very similar to Ritalin, but it only contains the d-isomer of methylphenidate. It is a stimulant that affects the central nervous system. Dexmethylphenidate has approximately a 6-hour duration of effect.

Dexmethylphenidate has a similar side-effect profile to [Ritalin] and can be administered without regard to food intake. Recently, it has become available in extended-release form, and has been shown to be as effective as [Ritalin], with flexible dosing and good tolerability.

FocalinXR capsules can be opened and the contents mixed with applesauce, pudding or similar foods. This enables administration to children who are unable to swallow pills, a unique advantage among ADHD medications." - Wikipedia.org

That's the best I can do right now, I'll see if I can more information.

I have combined adderall and focalin once and it was a very unpleasant experience.. I didnt have any added effects and I threw up a few times on the comedown and the next day I felt like I had the flu.

The effects of combining amphetamine and methylphenidate should not be additive. In fact, methylphendiate should block much of the effect of amphetamine.

try RXlist.com, they have the best med info online, or get a PDR if you can, theyre like a drug bible

im perscribed focalin xr 20mg pills
i admit i do occasionally pop em open crush em and snort em
i like adderall more personally better high
but this is a good happy feeling high
i recently bumped 180mg at one time in 6 lines and wow
i was up for 2 days couldnt eat much but i was so happy
im abusing it yes but im doing it to cure my severe depression instead of my adhd
but it helps with that to :]]

I've taken 70mg Vyvanse + Focalin XR 20mg at the same time...

It did sort of felt like one was working while the other not so much..almost like it was *waiting* until one was over so the other pill could kick in lol

I remember being up for quite a long time from that single dosing :S

EDIT: My friends house got cleaned pretty goddamn well i might add :)

im abusing it yes but im doing it to cure my severe depression instead of my adhd

so weak.....

i take focalin a lot, only becuase i acquired quite a large amount for practicaly free, lol.

i have taken it at most dosage ranges, and mixed it with many things.

i will say that i dont take ritalin/concerta recreationally becuase they get me much much more anxious and angry than focalin. i actually enjoy focalin.

i am prescribed adderall and i think i like it a fair bit more.

5HT2- would you mind explaining why the dexmeth blocks the amphets?

other people said that what you do is dumb but as someone with a prescription for focalin who does abuse them i completely understand and agree with what you're saying.
i've never done even close to 180mg, 70mg was probably my max (i'm not sure, i crush up a lot of pills at once and put them in a bag. but i know i'm only doing around 10-20mg at a time).
recently whenever i am very stressed or unhappy i've been doing a line or two. i'm starting to think i should stop but it cures my add, gives me some energy, makes me feel good and puts me in an automatic good mood.
overall not the smartest idea but i'm in the same situation as you and just had to tell you :)

I went through a script of focalin IR a couple years back and while its better than racemic ritalin its still just a big cocktease. You can never sustain a good amphetamine like high from it without having to constantly be eating pills.

I know people that had amazing results mixing focalin with dexedrine IR/desoxyn but once again you'd still have to constantly take the focalin to retain the buzz.

Focalin is dexmethylphenidate. It's the enatiomerically pure dextrorotatory isomer of methylphenidate.

Since d-MPH is almost totally responsible for the therapeutic and fun potential of MPH, d-MPH is 2x more potent than racemic MPH (Ritalin).

I've tried both drugs and I can say, IME, that dexmethylphenidate is cleaner a feeling (therapeutically or recreationally) than racemic methylphenidate. Ritalin feels jittery, dirty, has an unpleasant body load, causes significant anxiety at times, and has a nasty crash. Focalin is much cleaner, no jitters, little body load, much less prone to cause anxiety, and only has a crash if you take a high recreational dose or go on a binge -- and it's still not as bad as the racemic MPH crash. It's also IME 2x more potent than Ritalin as is stated on most Rx info sites.

I feel that dexmethylphenidate is one of the most under-rated ADHD drugs (it has a very high therapeutic value IME) and one of the more under-rated drugs for fun also. Dexmethylphenidate is probably more likely to satisfy a coke user who can't get coke than regular racemic methylphenidate -- actually I'm quite sure a coke user would quickly decide that the dexmethylphenidate is a much better drug.

I went through a script of focalin IR a couple years back and while its better than racemic ritalin its still just a big cocktease. You can never sustain a good amphetamine like high from it without having to constantly be eating pills.

I know people that had amazing results mixing focalin with dexedrine IR/desoxyn but once again you'd still have to constantly take the focalin to retain the buzz.

bump, any thread links for doseages on this combo?

bump, any thread links for doseages on this combo?

This was in real life but they were using therapeutic level doses, so no higher than 40mg dexedrine/20mg desoxyn. I cant remember the focalin dosing ranges but im sure you can look that up.

addforum.com may have some related material as i know that there were people prescribled the combo at one time.

I'm prescribed this combo- 40-60 mg adderall ir(would like to try dex or desox but am wary of asking psych due to the stigmas) in addition to an as needed type of deal for focalin 10 mgs, told never to exceed 60 total in a day. I never abuse either (sometimes take adderall before sports/traing but never purely recreationally and never above 20-30 mg at a go, ORAL OR SUBLINGUAL ONLY)
usually only take focalin if studying late at night(premed) for a little boost, and around 3 hrs after last adderall)-
was told they are equivalent mg for mg (usually mph is 1/2 amp, but focalin is 2x strength of regular)
I've looked high and low for combination dosing, but am worried the dexmethyphenidate would "cancel" amphetamine because it binds so strongly to DAT (preventing amphetamine from entering cells via DAT)... if you can link any of those threads at addforums Id be really greatful as I cant find anything...

Well shit...

Be prepared after awhile for your medication, regardless what it is, will stop causing you any of the effects you liked when you started. I am on 60mg of dexedrine a day and it does nothing out of the ordinary. I can remember a day not to long ago that I couldn't imagine even taking 30mg of adderall in a day. The come down effects are always pretty prevelent too. And in my opinion, wtf. Take something to make me eventually feel shitty, no appetite, insomniac, socially akward and stressed out mentally amd physically. The only reason I like it to a certain extent is that it kills the depression that is seemingly treatment resistant and has caused me many problems. So ya dont bother fucking around with the stuff cause tolerance will shoot through the roof and dont bother taking it as prescribed unless you really need it. Its not worth it like opiates. :)

I've mixed adderall and focalin before. They cancel other out, imo.

Focalin on its own, however, is mry favorite ADD med hands down.

i have mixed adderall and focalin within a day spand, and in my experience i won't feel the euphoria of what drug i took afterwards. focalin is more of a cocaine induced high with short duration and should be taken intranasally to enjoy the maximum effects, with a bad crash, IMO. Adderall is much better and to be taken orally only to enjoy the effects, snorting it is a waste, you still get high, but not as enjoyable as doing it orally, not to mention all the fillers getting stuck in ur nose. i took adderall in the morning, and sniffed focalin that night, experienced no mental effect from the focalin, only increased my body's stimlation leading to uncomfortable side effects. i never used focaline, and then adderall. but i would use one stimulant at a time/day