• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Focalin

I gave dexmethylphenidate a trial once. Same effect as regular methylphenidate--a short burst of manic energy followed by a crash, but I will admit the crash wasn't as harsh as regular methylphenidate.

Last edited:
be careful on how much u snort. last time i snorted 40mgs all at once in small lines to make sure i got it all, and i thought i was going to have a heart attack. i literally layed down on the floor because i thought i was going to lose consciousness.

other than that, the high is better than ritalin, but definitely not as good as adderall. it kind of creates a tingling sensation in your arms and legs. i literally couldn't feel them or my face, but it feels good in a weird way.

You're going to end up killing yourself or overdosing. If you do overdose and survive it, you will be flagged for abusing prescription medication, and you can forget about getting prescribed any medication that'll get you high.

dexmethylphenidate is cleaner a feeling (therapeutically or recreationally) than racemic methylphenidate. Ritalin feels jittery, dirty, has an unpleasant body load, causes significant anxiety at times, and has a nasty crash. Focalin is much cleaner, no jitters, little body load, much less prone to cause anxiety, and only has a crash if you take a high recreational dose or go on a binge -- and it's still not as bad as the racemic MPH crash. It's also IME 2x more potent than Ritalin as is stated on most Rx info sites.

I feel that dexmethylphenidate is one of the most under-rated ADHD drugs (it has a very high therapeutic value IME) and one of the more under-rated drugs for fun also.

^Exactly. Its way cleaner than racemic methyphenidate (Ritalin/Concerta). I only took it for ADD so I can't attest to its recreational potential, but its a very clean, side-effect free stimulant. I'd rate it well above Ritalin, slightly above Adderall, but not quite as smooth and effective as dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine). Only problem with Focalin is that it doesn't seem to last as long as other stimulants.

yeah I just took 20 mg for the first time about thirty minutes ago. So far way better than methylphenidate, I never cared much for adderall or dexedrine so if you want a semi speedy high with a bit more euphoria I'd say it's for you. Keep in mind I live in Texas and and accustomed to very cheap high qality methamphetamine, which I would take any day over the pharmacueticals, but Focaln is no waste of time.

If you use Focalin recreationaly, snort no more than 5 mgs at a time, or you are in for overwhelming palpitations. If you drink while you are on it, it feels just like when you drink on coke, it actualy even turns into something stronger just like coke if you drink on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylphenidate

Cocaine + ethanol = Cocaethylene
methyphenidate + ethanol = ethylphenidate = more euphoric than regular old ritalin or focalin will ever be.

It is the most vile comedown you will ever experience in your whole damn life, I swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I would point that out, and get the cons out there before the pros.

This is the best way to obtain optimal euphoria from this drug.
The more you drink, the more of the ethylphenidate is made.

I thought I would post on this thread even since it's old, since I was looking for the same info and there was a very limited amount online.

i have an adderall prescription which i use quite often, and use to both get work done and occasionally to get high. my friend has some focalin we wanted to get high off of and I was wondered about it even though I had taken 10 mg of adderall that morning and had taken quite a bit in the previous 2 days. I was worried that it might be too much and give me heart palpitations, etc, or just not work at all. I did some research and it seemed that it would be okay. so i started with 5 mg of focalin in the evening (i find that i get plenty high off therapeutic doses, but i am small with a low drug tolerance) ...

It worked quite well, and I ended up taking about 20 more mg over the next few hours. the initial euphoria wore off after about 30-45 minutes after each dosage (and got less noticeable which each one as well) but i was still feeling rather tweaky until about 8 am the next morning. i took it orally because i do not like snorting pills.

As far as having an euphoric effect that adderall does not have, I wouldn't quite say that--because I think adderall does have somewhat of a euphoric effect. I would say Focalin makes your thinking slightly more "clear". My friend said it was slightly "methier" heh.

I would also say that while adderal lasts a bit longer, it also has a obvious peak and then come down. The Focalin sort of felt as if it would come & go--it would feel strong one minute and then fade some the next. The come down was rather brutal and came more suddenly than adderall--I crashed pretty instantly. However, I did feel some of the drug still in my system when I woke up.....but all that did was make me want more ;)

Focalin was definitely fun and I would do it again, but I think I'll stick with the adderall for when I need to get actual work done. I also would never of mixed them had there not been at least 6 hours in between the two, otherwise I'm sure It would of led to a racing heart.

that's all and i hope someone can use this info in the future. :)

I've taken adderall for about a year (30mg) and rarely made it thru 2 weeks out of the month supply before running out. I switched to d-MPH recently and I find it better on every level (euphoria, concetration, etc). My only complaint is that even the XR version doesn't last more than 4 hours so I have to dose it continually (always intranasal with mph). I went thru my 30 day 20mg XRs in about a week. I went back to Addys due to overall cost and length of effect. Never realized how dirty and how many jittery side effects adds have until I tried the d-MPH. Never tried any d-amps so I can't compare.

If you use Focalin recreationaly, snort no more than 5 mgs at a time, or you are in for overwhelming palpitations. If you drink while you are on it, it feels just like when you drink on coke, it actualy even turns into something stronger just like coke if you drink on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylphenidate

Cocaine + ethanol = Cocaethylene
methyphenidate + ethanol = ethylphenidate = more euphoric than regular old ritalin or focalin will ever be.

It is the most vile comedown you will ever experience in your whole damn life, I swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I would point that out, and get the cons out there before the pros.

This is the best way to obtain optimal euphoria from this drug.
The more you drink, the more of the ethylphenidate is made.

The comedown from MPH itself is absolutely disgusting, combined with alcohol it's just hell. I had psychosis for 6 hours, paranoia, inability to basically function. Eugh.

My pdoc mentioned focalin as an alternative to the vyvanse, since i was previously on vyvanse70mg + adderall IR 30mg /day the past 2 years but could no longer tolerate the vyvanse

He mentioned Focalin XR. Now i'm kicking myself for not asking about the IR (XRs don't work on me), since i really need something to supplement the adderall with as i can't stand the side-effects that come with daily use

I'm not looking for the best high. I just need something i can use regularly that works consistently... all the better if it's smooth and more subtle/less mind-altering than amphetamines

Well i guess i have to ride this out till the next appt 3 months from now.. Unless i could somehow get a trial of the Focalin

^^

what you need is dexedrine then. i feel like it could do you wonders. its the D isomer of the molecule (or maybe its the R? sorry i would know if i was sober but i'm fucked out of my imnd right now) anyways, it's supposed to have much less side effects than adderall due to adderalling being the L or S isomer (sorry too fucked to think).

^^

what you need is dexedrine then. i feel like it could do you wonders. its the D isomer of the molecule (or maybe its the R? sorry i would know if i was sober but i'm fucked out of my imnd right now) anyways, it's supposed to have much less side effects than adderall due to adderalling being the L or S isomer (sorry too fucked to think).

I didn't really think dexedrine (instant release) was that amazing at all. I had read all kinds of wonderful things about it like you are saying, but it really wasn't all that. I took it for a month. Maybe my brain is too fried from years of adderall... I just didn't notice anything better about it. In fact, I prefer adderall. The only other stimulant I've had experience with is Ritalin instant release, and I don't like it much. It gets me through when I don't have adderall, but it makes me very edgy.

ETA: Sorry, I did a search and that's why this thread was resurrected from the depths of the past... blah. :p

Last edited:
^You like the NE boost from L-amp in Adderall, as do most non-anxious people taking low doses of amps.

Focalin is much smoother compared to methylphenidate, it has less undesirable physical stimulation and less paranoia

It feels similar to adderall, but the difference is obvious

To my, Focalin feels like an adderall for the most part, but with more sweating, anxiety (adderall actually lowers my anxiety tho), and shakiness

If I were you, I'd stick to focalin, due to it being very very low in neurotoxicity, whereas amphetamines all are , even though therapeutic amp doses arent that neurotoxic, they seem to have a longer and more severe post-acute withdrawal, so even if neurotoxicity is negligible, Focalin wont fuck you up as much when use ceases

actually, focalin is sometimes (rarely) used for severe depression. But i doubt that 9 times the recommended dose at once would do anything except delay and increase focalinuser depression.

To my, Focalin feels like an adderall for the most part, but with more sweating, anxiety (adderall actually lowers my anxiety tho), and shakiness

Lame... I was thinking about trying out Focalin since it was the dextroratory isomer of MPH, but it causes more PNS side effects than Adderall? lol

The PAWS from Focalin won't be as bad due to the very short half life of methylphenidate products. This seems like a good thing, but it comes with a much more severe crash than amphetamine products, which have a longer half life.

The effects of combining amphetamine and methylphenidate should not be additive. In fact, methylphendiate should block much of the effect of amphetamine.

Sorry to drag this up from the deeps but why?