• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MET scraps

iv read your report on erowid (in fact iv read all of them). But if im not mistaking it was for oral.

anyway enough of this off topic dribble.
I agree with you that an oral MET report would be of much value and also agree that you should only trip when it will benefit you.
Lately iv been doing the same. (although constantly attending shows where lots of people are tripping i do tend to have a recreational trip here and there.)

the only reason i jumped on this was becase i always see you discouraging ppl from smoking psychedelics.
then again im sure its for their benefit

Usually its when someone is asking if they can randomly smoke this or that...

Delsyd said:
iv read your report on erowid (in fact iv read all of them). But if im not mistaking it was for oral.

Yes, I think I took 24mg or 26mg. Still think it is weird stuff because there was truly no sensory effects and I’ve just never had a psychedelic like that. My mind though was so acute and sharp, that I could clearly tell how unenhanced listening to music was. I was so acutely aware of the fact that there were no visual/perceptual effects of any kind. But my thinking and the feelings in the body were clearly that of a psychedelic.

I actually saw notes last night of someone who did smoke MiPT and the reported effects didn’t seem too much different from swallowing it. And no rush either.

the only reason i jumped on this was becase i always see you discouraging ppl from smoking psychedelics.
then again im sure its for their benefit

Since it is Friday, slow, and my last full day of work until vacation…I’ll take a sec to explain. Not only do I discourage people from smoking psychedelics…I discourage people from using any drugs without a doctor’s care, and encourage folks to walk the straight path. I’m sure you could did up posts of mine from a few years ago where I explicitly recommended a person try a particular drug. But now-a-days I’m confident you will not find any thread anywhere in which I tell someone they should use a drug, be it a psychedelic, stimulant, or anything else.

#1, I can’t ethically encourage people I don’t know (like those who post at BL other than the few of you I’ve really become friends with in real life, I don’t know anything about you guys) For all I know, the next reader is a total psych case and using a psychedelic could be the straw that broke the camel’s back. One reason I don’t recommend people use drugs of any sort.

#2…I know people do read what I write because I have had so many people tell me that my trip reports were influential one way or another. So if just reading a report of mine can influence a person to want to take a psychedelic…why would anyone also need my recommendation? If someone wants to trip (or smoke crack, or huff gasoline) they are going to do so regardless of what I say. So why encourage anyone?

So in conclusion….not only do I recommend that everyone one of you abstain from the use of any psychoactive drug (especially low-brow alcohol), I especially recommend that you do not smoke any psychedelic drugs! Got it? Got it! Good. 

morninggloryseed said:
I ... encourage folks to walk the straight path.

I think that's wise. Psychedelics keep reminding me that this is indeed the way. All drugs cloud judgment, and all drugs - including psychedelics - are ultimately an alteration to the true self. No drug is gonna ever show anyone who they really, really are. All they do is catalyse change (is all change beneficial?) by shifting our point of view and focusing on certain facets of the self. Any drug used daily will inevitably be detrimental to self-realisation. There ought to be completely drug-free days. Sometimes I like to practice abstinence even in the way of food and just fast for a day or so. Not nearly often enough though.

Thanks for posting this, MGS, it's great food for thought at a site such as BL.

morninggloryseed said:
I discourage people from using any drugs without a doctor’s care, and encourage folks to walk the straight path.
Yeah... "Doctor, I plan on taking MET today, would you care to be my sitter?"

I'm all for sound advice, but come on... Your post is so unrealistic it betrays you!

The psychedelic community has largely moved away from direct physician supervision during therapy sessions in large part because it is unnecessary.

But, I believe MGS was speaking more generally (i.e. about all drugs, viz. opiates, stimulants, etc).

Jamshyd said:
Your post is so unrealistic it betrays you!

How do my words betray me? There is nothing unrealistic about choosing a side in which you know nothing you have said will ultimately contribute to someone's demise. I say this in relation to all drugs (psychedelic or not) because I am still dealing with opiate addiction (now under a doctor's care), probably will the rest of my life, and I choose to give no advice that will encourage another to follow in my path. In my case, the opiates started well before the psychedelics...I do not consider them related...but I feel it safest to cover all bases.

My stance (when people ask) is I recommend you don't use any drug. And I am not at all unrealistic because I said already have stated that I know people are going to do what they want. But at least it won't be at my direction or urging.

^ Don't get me wrong, I don't think what you posted is bad in any way. I just think that the particular line I quoted is rather out of place in a forum like BL where everyone uses drugs (without medical supervision). Buprenorphine is a different matter altogether... you are being treated for the aftermath of drug abuse (which wasn't supervised). But it is not my intention to argue about this.

I will grant you that I can now see why you might feel obleiged to post the above since I noticed that many people, as you menioned, seem to put a lot of weight to your advice and practices (some of it definitely deserved :)).

When you work with extraordinarily unknown and untried psychoactive substances, it's your responsibility to be your own doctor, since you probably know 99% more about the drug than most doctors would anyway.

eyeballed about 10-15mg of MET. Freebased really clean-like. Nice euphora and visuals for about 10-20 mins, then faded away in about an hour.