• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ethcathinone

^ I have done quite a lot of this substance. Basically I ordered 100g of mephedrone about a year ago and got ethcathinone instead. At first I was pissed, but later I was very glad it happened. First of all ethcath doesn't fuck you up the way meph does IMO. The batch I got was quite rough on the nose and a few of my friends got a sinus infection from using it over a weekend, but otherwise I didn't feel any negative effects on the body.

I know a lot of people disagree, but IMO its the RC closest to coke. Its subtle but has a nice stimulation and euphoria.
I used to do somewhere between 300 mg to a g per session without any noticeable sideeffects (except the fucked up nose, but that could be sorted by oral ingestion).
I know this is bad HR, but it combines very well with methylone 8)

Jamshyd. I seem to remember that ethcathinone is in fact the active metabolite of diethylpropion, but done quote me on it.
I think it could be "functional" as it is subtle, but I have only used it recreational.

its very functional like cocaine but without the dopamine push (euphoria noticably absent). felt a bit like tramadol in a not so good way

Ethcathinone is definitely one of two stims I would revisit sometime, though frequenting would be a bad idea. The other one is 4-FMC - or flephedrone, both are quite smooth, milder than the 4-MMC analogue and reportedly ethcath is milder than methcath which is said to be not so clean a product.
I'll also try meth sometime, a one-off sample as a thanks.

This is all stuff of the future though, needs to be spread out over due course.

Ethcathinone is definitely one of two stims I would revisit sometime, though frequenting would be a bad idea. The other one is 4-FMC - or flephedrone, both are quite smooth, milder than the 4-MMC analogue and reportedly ethcath is milder than methcath which is said to be not so clean a product.
I'll also try meth sometime, a one-off sample as a thanks.

This is all stuff of the future though, needs to be spread out over due course.

i have a feeling that a buphedrone and ethcathinone combo could be a mind blowing amphetamine alternative though i like buphedrone alone. the fact buphedroen lacks the amphetamine (adrenal) push is what gets me. you can sleep about three hours after buphedrone binge loses steam, minimal comedown (feeling bored, not that bad).

ethcathinone comedown is quite depressing

its very functional like cocaine but without the dopamine push (euphoria noticably absent). felt a bit like tramadol in a not so good way

Eh, tenuate dospan was notorious for abuse in the UK (it's active metabolite is ethcathinone) - I got plenty of euphoria from both diethylpropion & ethcathinone

I'll also try meth sometime, a one-off sample as a thanks

Yeah don't do what I did and get half an ounce in one go (people were bringing it back to the dealer, asking if he had any 'normal' speed 'cos that was making them too crazy. Like an idiot, I said "goody, more for me", then went a bit mad). That much will inevitably end in tears

It makes sense that you would get euphoria from ethcathinone since it is likely metabolized to cathinone.

weird. i went through 10 grams of ethcathinone and it wasn't really euphoric even once for me.

feels similar to methylphenidat but not as strong.

at this time i had a significant tolerance for stims though.

For a selective NE releaser, ethcathinone is surprisingly reinforcing.

Eh, tenuate dospan was notorious for abuse in the UK (it's active metabolite is ethcathinone) - I got plenty of euphoria from both diethylpropion & ethcathinone

yes in high repeated doses most likely- its too adrenaliney and not enough dopaminey (how annoying are those terms lol).

similar to beupedrone it gets really amazing once your quite far into a binge- feels wayyy more euphoric. in small doses its missing something

combine buphedrone and ethcathinone for a speed like mega cocktail- i haven't tried it but the logic seems sound (apart from mixing "designer" stims)

This stuff is worthless imo, mild mood boost nothing more.

Didnt measure my doses so i cant give you the doses but i snorted quite a few lines, nothing interesting, even for an energie boost id say other chems are better suited.

24yo, 99kg, bp 110/77, stimulant naive.

I have been experimenting with Ethcathinone for the last week. At dosages of 25-45mg daily, it gives mood elevation, marked anorectic effect, and slight persistent euphoria. I would say it is useful for concentration, but gives a less clear mental state than Adderall.

At 25mg, I find it is relatively equipotent with Adderall in focus lasting for 4-5h, and residual wakeful stimulation lasting for an additional 3 hours. At 40mg, duration is increased to 6-7h, and euphoria promotes activity. Social lubrication, and willingness to speak expressively are noticed.

Experiments with recreational use at 5mg, 10mg, and 15mg all gave a short (30m) period of intense euphoria and eroticism that tapered off to a pleasant wakefulness. Expanding on this idea, Ethcathinone was trialled at a week 15mg intra-nasally at 8am, giving a nearly equivalent experience after the initial euphoria wore-off.

I find this substance excellent for my purposes (wakefulness, concentration, and mood elevation) and also intend to probe the recreational potential in the future.

-belvedere

I found ethcathinone to be smoother and less burning than the methcathinones, if that phrase makes sense to you. And by "burning" I refer to the nature of the high, not the drip (which is equal). It may also have mild psychedelic and hypnotic overtones. Not as exciting as meth for sure, but very very good for a cathinone.

I really enjoyed this stuff.
Beware it's very potent, so start low. Even at 10 mg it give me lots of energy.

It's a very clean stim, which give a light but clean euphoria. Definitly cleaner and better than previous cetones i tried (meph, b1, m1, methedrone....). it's so clean that i found this stuff closer to amph than cetones.

Even the body part was good: the body feels calm and i could feel some kind of orgasm while breathing.

Duration is average. Less than amph. Smaller that a full day work. No comedown, you just feel sleepy.

There is some edgy part of ethcat: it's quite ego boosting ,more than others cetones i tried and this can be too much sometime.

At 25mg, I find it is relatively equipotent with Adderall in focus lasting for 4-5h, and residual wakeful stimulation lasting for an additional 3 hours.

You claimed to be stimulant naive, lol. ;)

Tried this one at 40mg (95kg male)

4-6 hour duration.

Surprisingly euphoric. Feel more talkative, outgoing, somewhat reminiscent of cocaine. Not as intellectually vigorous a material as dextroamphetamine, nor as good an aid to concentration. Not as manic or "flowy" as methamphetamine. Much less jittery than mephedrone, butylone, etc. Anorectic, but not as much as I'd expected. Slight nausea. Marked diuresis. Did not note any vasoconstriction.

Bit of an edgy comedown but that resolved with sleep.

A surprisingly good stimulant - a good bit better than you might think given it's pharmacology.

Would revisit.

Last edited:
I'm surprised there isn't more information on this compound, being as structurally similar to methcathinone as it is.

I've acquired a sample of it and dabbled this evening. I orally took 10mg and it provided a sort of rushy, pushy stimulation. Not overly euphoric but rather energizing. I've had a small ~5mg insufflated booster not long ago which has also worked well.

I can certainly feel this as being more based on NE than DA but it's certainly enjoyable. It's not super euphoric like amphetamine but I can see this having it's uses.

Ethcathinone doesn't effect any DA release except insofar as it metabolizes to cathinone.

ebola

I think I've come to like this one. I took a good bump off the end of a knife today; ~15mg and it was quite pleasurable. It felt amphetamine-ish but watered down and a bit more anxious (NE I'm sure). I really wonder how much gets N-dealkylated to cathinone.

Could meth/ethcathinone simply be prodrugs to cathinone although in vitro studies show activity on it's own?

I was also thinking N-dealkylation would be optimized by oral dosing (first pass metabolism); is this accurate?

I know this is an old thread I'm bumping but I have a serious Question, there are a lot of differences of opinion on the dosage of Buphedrone, Now I suppose that is only because it is impure as hell. cut to shit.. I am on my Second Gram of Buphedrone overnight.. and my average doses have been around 60-80 mg w/ a 20-30 mg booster about an hour later... so according to the pharmacologists this would have to be at least 80% cut then right? also how cardiotoxic is buph it seems fairly lacking in side effects except for that annoying ass head fog that makes it hard to concentrate... is what I have even BUphedrone at this point lol