• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ethcathinone

Is this worthwhile stimulant for like social situations, where I need to get full potential of myself? And how long lasting it is, as I don't like MDPV because 1 hour is too short. I liked methylone as it works for me very MDMA like empathocenig stimulant, so maybe this one works nicely on me too?

Is ethamp really that great? Does anyone have the binding affinities?

Drug/DA release EC50/DA reuptake inh Ki/NE release EC50/NE reuptake Ki/5HT release EC50/5HT reuptake Ki (all figures in nM)
N-ethylcathinone/>1000/>1000/99.3/360/2118/3840
(+)Amphetamine/24.8/34/7.1/38.9/1765/3830
(+)Methamphetamine/24.5/114/12.3/48/736/2137

Hi! I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm curious about these numbers. It seems like I've seen them shown in this format multiple times - is that string of six something of a standard set of measurements? Is it called something specific that I could use to look it up so I could read more about the definition and meaning of each number? I've pieced some of it together but I didn't study medicine or chemistry in school. Or is there a good link or book to suggest for an educated layman?

Also are these numbers compiled anywhere for a variety of drugs? Or does one get it piecemeal out of papers about individual drugs? I tried to read the paper cited but as usual it seems to not be available unless I'm willing to pay $30 for it. Are there any tricks or tips or good sites for retrieving or searching for pharmacological type papers if you're not blessed with school or work paid subscriptions?

Thanks!

They're competitive binding assays (IC50, inhibition concentration to displace 50% of a substrate) or half maximal effective concentration (EC50).

IC50 measures how well a substrate (molecule that binds to a receptor) displaces another substrate (often but not always the endogenous one, such as dopamine for the dopamine transporter). The lower the value, the less that must be added to bind, and therefore the more potent the compound.

EC50 is effective concentration to reach 50% of the activity of the original substrate. These measure some secondary activity that is normally performed when a compound agonizes a receptor in a cell, and then the substrate in question is added and the effect of the substrate measured to see how it performs relative to some control substrate (like dopamine).

If you want access to lots of papers, head to your local university and use their computers. Bring a flash drive and transfer them onto that so you can have access to them later.

There's a searchable database for these values here: http://www.bindingdb.org/bind/index.jsp

Last edited:
Cool - that got me well on my way, happily reading. Found those receptors (transporters?) in the database. Too bad it's a bit thin for common recreational chemicals. Now I'm off to try to brush up on the effects of release and reuptake blocking for each. Thanks very much for your quick ^ helpful reply.

EDIT: In a classic case of learning a new word and hearing it everywhere, a bluelighter posted just such a collection of numbers for various recreationals on wikipedia 3 days ago, here's the link if anyone else is newly interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rocknroll714/affinities

Last edited:
This compound may be neurotoxic as well. Apparently it is the metabolite of Diethylpropion that likely most contributes to the 5HT toxicity of the drug.
Any updates on this? The only related neurotoxicity study I could find at pubmed was this one. I guess it's a great deal healthier than plain amph, since it's basicly amph without the dopaminergenic push?

Bump

Was scanning the supermart aisles tonight just in time to see this freshly stocked on the shelves. From the bit I've read since then, it seems this one has more differing opinions on usefulness than usual. Some say they enjoy it, some say it's best suited as a combination, some say it's flat out useless to them. Even so, I'm finding a hard time finding many opinions or reports. Couldn't find even a dusty page on erowid that had an experience or two.

If anyone has more experience with this I'd like to hear it. Price seems fair enough if the stim has some good advantages.

This combined with the recent release of Buphedrone, It appears as if they're floating trial balloons of mephedrone alternatives. I think they're expecting it to be scheduled and/or for supply to be drastically reduced in the near future.

^ Good - there are much less toxic compounds out there that are CNS stimulants; maybe not with the euphoric component of mephedrone, but a euphoric effect none the less

^ Good - there are much less toxic compounds out there that are CNS stimulants; maybe not with the euphoric component of mephedrone, but a euphoric effect none the less

I've seen a few posts now from people with the knowledge saying similar things, but without that crucial elaboration, which exactly? :)

I like the effects of meph, I like that fact I can be up and down within 4 hours and sleep ok on <400mg. I like the stimulation and euphoria, the price, the availability, the legality and the (so far) consistency.

If you could choose 3 other compounds to closely match the above, but with perhaps fewer issues (that others have mentioned with regard to meph).
What would they be please?

Last edited:
This combined with the recent release of Buphedrone, It appears as if they're floating trial balloons of mephedrone alternatives. I think they're expecting it to be scheduled and/or for supply to be drastically reduced in the near future.

I'm waiting for reports but I don't think these will take the place of mephedrone. They seem to be pure stimulants without the entactogen magic of mephedrone.

I hope this doesn't replace mephedrone, and that mephedrone perishes in some legal action or another quickly, before it turns more people into idiots.

This one interests me because it is directly related to Diethylpropion, which seems to have a small cult-following (the "tombstones").

How does this drug compare to dietheylpropion?

And more importantly, how does it compare to plane old amphetamine?

Would one describe this drug as "functional"?

One thing seems to be a recurring theme: is that is is very anorexic.

^ I have done quite a lot of this substance. Basically I ordered 100g of mephedrone about a year ago and got ethcathinone instead. At first I was pissed, but later I was very glad it happened. First of all ethcath doesn't fuck you up the way meph does IMO. The batch I got was quite rough on the nose and a few of my friends got a sinus infection from using it over a weekend, but otherwise I didn't feel any negative effects on the body.

I know a lot of people disagree, but IMO its the RC closest to coke. Its subtle but has a nice stimulation and euphoria.
I used to do somewhere between 300 mg to a g per session without any noticeable sideeffects (except the fucked up nose, but that could be sorted by oral ingestion).
I know this is bad HR, but it combines very well with methylone 8)

Jamshyd. I seem to remember that ethcathinone is in fact the active metabolite of diethylpropion, but done quote me on it.
I think it could be "functional" as it is subtle, but I have only used it recreational.

Still, the effects of the substances are different. Just because drug a is a pro-drug of drug b does not mean the effects of drug a = effects of drug b.

unless drug a is active (in the same way) or an enzyme inhibitor it does - well as good as dammit