EMD Can we get a freakin' TECHNO thread or what?

...not wording this well at all. perhaps a mix would clarify my stance a bit. here is a tracklist for something i recorded at the beginning of this past summer:

Dr. James E. Walton - Meditation to Improve Focus and Concentration
Pierce & Jerl - Bouquet
Angel Freq - Nothing At All (Jamie Stevens Pacific Dub)
Autumn Tree - Kubi
B Noise - Endless Summer (NTFO Refact Mix)
Robert Babicz - Don't Look Back
Bart Skils & Anton Pieete - Handsome
Cave - Hartbreak
Quivver - Surin (Tobias Lutzenkirchen Remix)
Lutzenkirchen - Corroder
Mastercris - Wake Me in the Next Summer

I enjoyed this.

I would describe this as tech-house-ish.

:)

yeah, I dug parts of that mix too. some of it got a little deep for me, but not bad by any means. I'll let a little tech-house slip in now and again for sure. honestly, I can't really tell the difference though.

MiniteC series 04 is fucking DOPE. LOVING both the Levan and Leon & Greenbeam tracks (both of whom have been on fire lately, I might add). those fucking italians! ripping shit up over there!

this is good.

Alland Byallo - Churn.two
http://www.allandbyallo.com/mix/All...Churn Two.mp3

Alland Byallo - Churn.two

01: DOP - Merci [Orac]
02: Brommage Dub - Can Ting (Alexi Delano Remix) [Bromma]
03: Monoloc - Aelcona [Sonata]
04: Luc Ringeisen - Operative System Malediction [Vinyl Club]
05: Gary Beck - On The Run [Mezzotinto]
06: Danny Tenaglia - The Space Dance (Radio Slave's E-space Remix) [Tommy Boy]
07: DJ QU - Warrior Dance [Strength Music Recordings]
08: Ben Klock & Marcel Dettmann - Blank Scenario [Ostgut Ton]
09: Speedy J - Red Shift [Electric Deluxe]
10: Gez Varley - Fiky [GMR Records]
11: Marcel Dettmann - Lattice [MDR]
12: CH-Signal Laboratories - Hypnotica Scale 1 [Sandwell District]
13: Norman Nodge - Native Rhythm Electric [Ostgut Ton]
14: Tobias - Balance [Ostgut Ton]
15: Imek - Delirante, No Hay Camino (Tadeo Remix) [Apnea]
16: Peter Van Hoesen - Casual Care [Time To Express]
17: Hideo Kobayashi - Wanna Take It With You (Mountain Dub Take 1) [Apt. International]
18: Schatrax - A Question of Timing [Sister Phunk]
19: Kenneth Graham - Fire, Water, Machine [Controlteam]
20: Eddie Richards - Someday [SOCO Audio]
21: Baby Ford - Messenger Vox [Sender]
22: Vek & Hakimonu - Trapez Art (Marlow & Comixxx Remix) [Konsequenz]
23: Dimi Angelis & Jereon Search - Lunar [Figure]
24: Silent Servant - Lo Profundo [Historia Y Violencia]

link's no good...

I don't recognize too much on that list. what I do recognize isn't really my cup of tea though. Danny T? no thanks. speedy j? nope. baby ford. also kinda meh. radio slave? I can go for it SOMETIMES.

I'll check it out though. still trying to figure out what all the fuss is about with those guys

yeah, definitely not a fan. speedy j is what mhonolink would be if mhonolink weren't aweome. his tracks never go anywhere and the lack the freshness in mhonolink's stuff. j puts me right to sleep. the full length he did on novamute had a few decent tunes, but overall I just find him a bit boring.

there's a bunch stuff I don't like that'll make you whip out that little blue emoticon. joel mull? pass (**ducks**). liebing? skip it. in fact, I don't really go for any of that german stuff. well, with the OBVIOUS exception of Lutzenkirchen. that guy writes a decent track every couple of days. idk how he does it.

If you hav not heard the Donato Dozzy closing set (4 hr) from Labyrinth Festival over at mnml, you should. I'd link it if I wasn't so lazy.

house or techno? like, I get that people like josh wink. i just happen not to (and I seriously don't think ANYONE would have enjoyed that set at the end up).

if you don't know who Donato Dozzy is, feel free to educate yourself. your definition of techno seems very personal.
you'll probably really like it, or really hate it.

well, that's definitely techno. definitely techno i don't like too, unfortunately. MORE BALLS.

^^^ you are balls. everyone else who has added an artist they like, you immediately bash. it's like you think YOU are the supreme emperor of techno, and what techno is and is not. You should have titled this thread "Tell me what Techno you like, so I can tell you how I dislike it."

why would anyone other than you be bothered by the fact that I don't like the same music as they do? It's not like they wrote it. you are more than welcome to tell me you don't like the music I recommend in here.