• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Ultimate Opiate Conversion Chart/Ratio Thread ( Links & Personal Experiences)

the unknown

Bluelighter
Okay so there are numerous opiate conversion tables on the internet such as this one: http://www.globalrph.com/narcoticonv.htm These conversion charts have significant differences and conflicting information. For example one conversion chart may say Oxycodone:Morphine is a 1:1 ratio while others say its 1:2. Or one conversion may say Methadone:Oxycodone is 1:1 where other sites say its 1.5:1.

The purpose of this thread is to pool everyones own personal conversion ratios between opiates to gain a better understanding of the potency of certain narcotics compared to the potency of other narcotics. Also to provide as much information availiable on the internet for opiate conversion

Guidelines:

*To make this more understandable a base dosage (in milligrams) of oxycodone for all other opiates to be compared to. Oxycodone is (in my opinion) the most widely used and understood opiate by BL'ers apart from Heroin. The starting base dose will be 10 milligrams. The route of administration is oral (PO). (If someone has any other suggestions i can change it.) If you have never done oxycodone or want to start with a different dose/drug that is ok too. You may include a range as well such as 10-15 milligrams.

**Lets limit this to only pharmaceuticals where potency will be consistant. Meaning 1mg of oxycodone is ALWAYS 1mg of oxycodone, whereas 1mg of street heroin can differ greatly from other street heroin of 1mg. The main goal is to try to make this as objective as possible while writing from a subjective view point, if that makes sense.

***All comparisons are assumed to be oral. If you compare something oral to something non-oral, for example, 10mg oxycodone ~ 1mg hydromorphone IV then you must state it.

****Remember this is you OWN OPINION, based on YOUR OWN EXPERIENCES WITH THE DRUG..and NOT based on what others have told you it is or from conversion ratios you have seen.

Format:
Dose / Drug Name / Route

• 10mg Oxycodone PO
  • 6-8mg Hydrocodone PO
  • 12.5-15mg Methadone PO
  • 20-30mg Morphine PO
  • 50-60mg Codeine PO
  • .5-1mg Buperenorphine Sublingual
  • 10mg Oxycodone Intranasal

Here are helpful resources to opiate conversion charts online. If you have any more you would like to share just simply post it and i will add it!

Great conversion chart (choose your own dose) - http://www.globalrph.com/narcoticonv.htm

Another great conversion chart (uses drop down boxes, includes duration!) - http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

Bar graph of several opiates including IV, PO - http://codeine.50g.com/info/facts.html

Conversion chart including duration, half-life, route, and dose (excellent!) - http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.htm

Download an opiate conversion chart program! - http://www.epocrates.com/products/medtools/narcoticanalgesicconverter.html

Conversion table (provides multiplication factors for several opiates) - http://algosresearch.org/PracticeTools/NarcoticCalculator.html

Simple conversion chart - http://www.barmeramedical.com.au/RDGP library Page/protocol/medical/opiate.html

Last edited:
I know this is from last year but thanks to the op, theres some very good resources there. This should be stickied if there isnt already an ope conversion chart up there already.

the_ketaman said:
I know this is from last year but thanks to the op, theres some very good resources there. This should be stickied if there isnt already an ope conversion chart up there already.

There is, under General in the Other Drugs Directory. Its a better chart as well :)
MUSC Opioid Analgesic Comparison Chart (link provided by jykkE)

The first conversion link has a % for 'incomplete cross tolerance'. A chart of the % cross tolerance is as important if people are switching from one to the other...

Format:
Dose / Drug Name / Route

* 10mg Oxycodone PO
* 10-12mg Hydrocodone PO
* 20-30mg Morphine PO
* 40-50mg Codeine PO
* 10mg Oxycodone Intranasal

the_unknown said:
* 10mg Oxycodone PO
* 6-8mg Hydrocodone PO
* 12.5-15mg Methadone PO
* 20-30mg Morphine PO
* 50-60mg Codeine PO
* .5-1mg Buperenorphine Sublingual
* 10mg Oxycodone Intranasal
umm...I'll be the first to say that 15mg of Methadone doesn't equal 10mg of OxyContin intranasally. I'm on 60mg of methadone a day and it is waaaaaaaaay more than 40mg of OxyContin.

the first chart is telling me if i had a habit of 200mg's oxycodone (chronic) then i'd only need 15mg's of methadone to equal it.

uhhh what? .........

maybe i'm just high but i don't really understand that chart either man. maybe you can help me.

let's say my oxycodone tolerance is 200mg's, what would that be equal to in methadone? (chronic)

* 10mg Oxycodone PO
* 15mg Hydrocodone PO
* 4mg Hydromorphone PO
* 20mg Morphine PO
* 90mg Codeine PO
* 0.5mg Suboxone sublingual can feel like these other doses but isn't recreational or enjoyable IME/IMO.

designed_reality said:
maybe i'm just high but i don't really understand that chart either man. maybe you can help me.

let's say my oxycodone tolerance is 200mg's, what would that be equal to in methadone? (chronic)

I would say 50mg. I had a half gram a day heroin habit and I'm sitting good at 60mg/day of methadone in MMT.

Glad you guys answered this for me without even having to ask. When I saw the difference between methadone and oxy I was greatly disappointed, but now it doesnt seem so bad.

So if I wanted to get high, not anything to do with maintenance how much methadone would I need if I do 40mg oxy in a shot, maximum 120mg a day? Ive already asked this question multiple times but noone has answered. I have 20mg methadone, will that get me high? I get high off as little as 10mg oxy IV'ed but not a nod just happy, then 20mg i feel really happy, 30mg and the nods start to kick in and 40mg and my face is to the floor.

Any suggestions?

the_ketaman said:
Glad you guys answered this for me without even having to ask. When I saw the difference between methadone and oxy I was greatly disappointed, but now it doesnt seem so bad.

So if I wanted to get high, not anything to do with maintenance how much methadone would I need if I do 40mg oxy in a shot, maximum 120mg a day? Ive already asked this question multiple times but noone has answered. I have 20mg methadone, will that get me high? I get high off as little as 10mg oxy IV'ed but not a nod just happy, then 20mg i feel really happy, 30mg and the nods start to kick in and 40mg and my face is to the floor.

Any suggestions?

20mg of methadone will get you more than high. i would say even 15 would be good.

Format:
Dose / Drug Name / Route

* 10mg Oxycodone PO
* 15mg Hydrocodone PO
* 10-12.5mg Methadone PO
* 30-45mg Morphine PO
* 90-120mg Codeine PO
* .5-1mg Buperenorphine Sublingual
* 12-15mg Oxycodone Intranasal
* 1.2-1.5mg Oxymorphone Intranasal
* .5-.8mg Oxymorphone IV
* 4mg Hydromorphone PO
* 2-3mg Hydromorphone Intransal
* 1.5-2mg Hydromorphone IV
* 200mcg Fentanyl Sublingual/Buccal (IMO/IME; high is very different though)

I added a couple extra, just from my experience.

^ yeah i'm the same as you for the hydromorphone PO, nasal and IV, except i might say 1mg IV = 4mg PO. 1mg IV definitely is as strong as 10mg oxycodone PO, IME. tried all except methadone and oxymorphone.

and i'd say

10mg oxycodone PO is equal to maybe 75mg tramadol PO ? 100mg tramadol is more than 10mg oxycodone, and 50mg is a lot less, so i figured 75mg tramadol would probably be roughly equal to 10mg oxycodone PO.

May I suggest a low dose, moderate dose, and high dose ratio? That is some drugs do not seem to display a linear dose related "high" or euphoria as well as some others do (especially things like buprenorphine which is a partial agonist). Also some drugs may saturate enzymes like codeine and only be effective (from a recreational standpoint) up to a certain point.

I'm trying to google this type of info and getting huge differences in results for the equivalent dose of Oxycodone to Morphine for oral use for example.

Maybe I should I just make my own thread instead of making a necro post in an exactly 12-year-old thread from 2008 rofl.