Dubstep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spencer said:
Just finished listening to Skreams essential mix... absolutely amazing. This is the first dubstep mix i've heard htat I've really liked. Completely blows the Dubstep Wars show out of the water. This mix makes me really interested to hear how a Skream Vs Kode 9 2x4 set would sound. This mix is definitly required for dubstep heads out there.

check out the mix i posted above you, tis sweet as hell also:)

Excision - Darkside Dubstep 2006

01. Ramandanman - Dynamic Balancing (Ramadanman001)
02. Distance - Replicant
03. Distance - Cyclops
04. Distance - Empire
05. Skream - Traitor
06. Distance - Trust My Logic
07. Search & Destroy - Anger
08. Reso - Curse (Dub)
09. MRK1 - Ready For It
10. Vex'd - Thunder
11. Skream - Lightning
12. Emalkay - Frequency
13. Docwra - Grit Trench [Dubplate]
14. MRK1 - From Deep
15. Docwra - Dropping Bombs [Dubplate]
16. Distance - 1 On 1
17. Loefah - Goat Stare
18. Vex'd - Angels
19. Distance - Traffic
20. Ekaros - Bass Train [Dubplate]
21. Skream - Rottan
22. Headhunter - 7th Curse
23. N-Type - Misunderstood
24. Mushug - 2012 [Dubplate]

http://www.barefiles.com/download.php?id=688

Downloaded this the other day grimey as feck! Enjoy=D

I havent listened to any of these mixes yet (due to my computer not having speakers) so forgive me...

but I havent heard much dubstep. There was a DJ at a party I went to recently who was labled as dubstep on the flyer and he played what sounded to me like more interesting hip-hop without the vocals. I loved it. Is this correct? if its only partly correct...could you direct me to some mixes similar to that?

jckl said:
dj shiva is the bomb shizzle dub stepizzle.

Agreed. We've been doing a dubstep monthly here for a few months now. Shiva's been the main person playing dubstep, but there are a few others that are starting to play dubstep and/or grime, as well.

She's composed a list (with tracklisting) of dubstep sets, and she often does a Monday night spot on http://www.dubstep.fm/

Here is her list that she's posted to another forum.

psillocybin said:
I havent listened to any of these mixes yet (due to my computer not having speakers) so forgive me...

but I havent heard much dubstep. There was a DJ at a party I went to recently who was labled as dubstep on the flyer and he played what sounded to me like more interesting hip-hop without the vocals. I loved it. Is this correct? if its only partly correct...could you direct me to some mixes similar to that?

Basically, it could be described as lots and lots of bass. Sometimes there are vocals. Lots of bass is a good indicator with a broken beat. Not like drum and bass, though.

Wiki article for ya.

imagine house speed (140bpm) but with a BOOM TCHA! instead of bum bum bum bum.

Loads of bass, wiggley or subby. and it's best played on a huge rig. so you can feel your chest having it's air sucked out.

i really can't get enough these days. there's new stuff coming out all the time.
Really chuffed that Leeds has taken it to heart too. We already have senseless records on the go only to get bigger. gunna try get involved if i can. my mate reckons i should press a few dubplates and hand them out.

I just burned and listened to Skream's Essential Mix 6-17-07

and I think I just orgasmed in my fucking pants

seriously. I have been looking for this for a long, long time and I just haven't realized it.

i want to have sex with dubstep.

psillocybin said:

seriously. I have been looking for this for a long, long time and I just haven't realized it.

http://dubstep.fm

:)

psillocybin said:

ohh ohhh ohh

skream - pass the red stripe? (white)

killing it

psillocybin said:

Yes! That fix is so efing wonderful. Must remeber to not spend money in order to buy sub-woofer.

:X A new emoticon. Yay!

Okay okay, i posted earlier about hating dubstep BUT I had a pleasant experience with some.

Went to a Neurotrance party, they set up the ambient sound system during the day to play over a big lake. Floated on a boat/raft with a big bed on it, listening to Dubstep, fucking wonderful, relaxing, and fun...

Psychedelic Gleam said:
Okay okay, i posted earlier about hating dubstep BUT I had a pleasant experience with some

psillocybin said:
I just orgasmed in my fucking pants

maassive said:
ohh ohhh ohh

Finally some appreciation for Dubstep. I see a trend emerging here. WOWSERS@!%)

I'll post a mix of my newer tunes up soon.
shitting out tunes like i'm on lax atm

Status
Not open for further replies.