• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Diphenhydramine) First time: Hallucinations: Very bad experience

Man I think I'm like the only one who likes the effects of Diphen I find it extremely interesting though it is a little intense. I also get caught like every time i do it which has gotten me in a little bit of trouble.

I bought some with it as the only active ingredient thinking it will help me sleep threw withdrawal RLS. I took like 400mg didnt trip or anything, wasnt quite sure it could intill a friend told me and why i stumbled here. But it made my Restless Legs worse like severely worse. I may have took Valium as well but got it after the fact i had already took the diphdra. I went to sleep on friday and woke up monday morning at like 7am thinking it was saturday morning. LOL

Am I missing something? Some people say they take 12 25 mg hcis and say they trip hard, and others say they take 30 or even 60 at a time. Is it really that hard to od on this stuff? The consensus from everyone seems to be that everyone thinks you can die from taking too much (from cardiac arrest) but I've seen sooo many people saying they've taken ungodly amounts and just had a shitty trip. Personally, I love benadryl when I don't have anything I take 4-6 and it completely cures my boredom and puts me to sleep. But why anyone would take a handful of these things without knowing their potential sounds dangerous. Good thing their not shooting heroin or they'd OD their first time

mmhm, i hate diphenhydramine sounds like my first experiance and never agian unless 100mg's

one night i was bored of using dxm and decided to give good ol benadryl a shot, they say 200mg's+ will provide hallucinations so i took 250mg's the first 1 1/2 i was fine provided an intoxicating effect which was pleasent at the time but i was sitting at the computer then all of a sudden sounds are becoming distorted at this point i wabble my ass outside and drop on my swing for 45 minutes. i was having madddd auditory hallucinations but no visuals..=/ like strange loud sounds coming from different directions it was fucked up. this shit aint no fun drug i tell yeh, anyways i was lien there and a panic just hit me like A ton of bricks i felt like going crazy, (smashing windows) was in my head and i was debating on telling my mom, but fuck that anyways i rid that shit out and whatta waste of 4 hours complete bullshit, dont do this drug unless experimental reasons. im 17 and weigh 176 pounds exactly, dont kid yourself

Shit, I don't know what it is about diphenhydramine but I can't get enough. I'm definitely in the minority here cause everyone i know IRL and most of the people on the internet whove tried tripping on it hate the experience with a passion. I've done DXM, shrooms, ketamine and LSD but dph just takes you to another world entirely.

First time I ever tried was admittedly a nightmare. Not so much because of the trip but because of how fucking stupid I was during it. I got drunk one night, got bored with being drunk and so I decided to hit that box of benadryl I'd had stashed for a couple of weeks. I was told 300mg would be good for a first experience but I'm dumb so I said fuck it and downed the whole box (24 pills 600mg). What I didnt get was that dph hallucinations werent apparent to the user as hallucinations, so when an hour and a half later my dad came into the room and told me to get my ass in the elevator I didnt think twice. From there I remember talking to my mom in the kitchen, who kept giving me the strangest look every time I tried to speak (she was real, later told me I was babbling about god knows what), trying to buckle my seatbelt while sitting on the livingroom couch and putting a glass of orange juice on a lit burner (both of which made sense at the time). When I woke up in the morning I had 8 different people screaming about what a junkie piece of shit I was. Needless to say my access to drugs was very limited for quite a while.

Once they loosened the reigns I decided to have a second go but to be a little bit smarter about it. Sat myself down, locked myself in my room and hid the key, then swallowed 400mg of that magical allergy medicine. First thing you notice is the body heaviness, followed by an intense stoned feeling. I was watching the sopranos and I noticed every so often a frame would freeze and characters' faces would warp for a good 5 seconds, albeit with the sound continuing on as usual. Very weird. I also started to hear random ambient shit, like children playing and water flowing. Then people started having full blown conversations from outside my window, the floor bubbled and I was taking drags off of cigarettes that would disappear moments later. Theres never any euphoria along with it but the shit I hallucinate is just so damn interesting. I guess thats why I like it so much. I can understand why it freaks most people out though. My advice, if anyone wants to give it another try, keep reminding yourself that everything you see could be a hallucaination. Its a lot less scary when you can realize it all aint real.

I actually like the diphenhydramine "high" when its anywhere from 300-500mg, the numbing-hallucinating feeling is awesome, ive never gone over 500 though.

Apparently I took 10 last night, I remember taking 9, 50mg ones so 500mg, not bad for a first try, I also had 5 cans of beer as well. I didn't really hallucinate I just felt very strange, like I was melting, I couldn't walk and I didn't want to move. I think I fell asleep at around 3am and I remember waking up at 5.30am not having a clue where I was, I needed the toilet incredibly badly. So I tried standing up out of bed and just remember feeling very very heavy and disorientated, somehow I managed to go downstairs to the toilet in complete darkness, I don't remember going back to bed though, I do however remember having very very vivid dreams after this, like it was snowing and this character I invented to write a book, Bernard was showing me around the world. This seemed to go on for about a month or two, even though in reality it was only maybe 4 hours max, I woke up at 10 11 and 12, like I had set alarms for and each time the dreams got weaker. There is a definite hole in my memory though between about 2.30 and 5.30, I don't actually know if I was asleep or not, or just lying there totally out of it. I blacked out once on alcohol, (I am a fairly heavy drinker, needless to say it took about 12 beers, half a bottle of tequila, vodka shots, vodka jelly and white wine, plus dropping a fence panel on my head).
It was just all so bizarre, before sleep and after 5.30 it's like I wasn't connected to the world at all.
But I'm disappointed because I didn't hallucinate like most people claim, I think I heard voices but I'm not sure. I hallucinate regularly anyway without drugs or drink, mostly auditory but I get things in the corner of my vision, it used to be more vivid when I was younger though. I also suffer from sleep paralysis regularly, though I quite enjoy it when others are terrified. Interestingly I don't get them at all if I have any amount alcohol.

I was fine today though, a little spaced out maybe, but no more than if I've been drinking a lot, mouth is still really dry. I also felt very calm today, without doing any of my regular fidgeting which is usually nose twitching, blinking rapidly and nervous cough. I expect that's because I suffer hay fever quite badly and do have rhinitis that I don't take medication for, and quite likely undiagnosed asthma, so taking that level of antihistamine probably stopped any irritation from dust or pets or people.

Apart from the memory blank, I thought it was quite a nice feeling, I think if I try again I'll not drink any alcohol, maybe then I'll hallucinate. In many ways the numbness I had was similar to dxm, though on dxm my entire world melts and flips to being upside down, like the floor is the ceiling, which is a bit nauseating.

I've taking 150mg tonight just for relaxation and I feel very creamy.

symptoms

you know, many of the symptoms described are reminicient of scopalamine (datura, brugmansia). seeing people not there, having conversations, imaginary cigarettes, dry mouth, black out

i believe dramamine is scopalamine too btw

Ohhh God. I feel your pain. I took some diphenhydramine 2-3 weeks ago, I don't really remember much cause I took about 1000mgs. The only thing I remember is looking up and seeing a shit load of people in my house smoking and drinking. (One note here. I don't let people smoke or drink in my house) After that I don't remember a thing. I just woke up on the floor in total confusion still tripping the next morning, and my house looked like it had been hit by a fucking freight train. 8o

you know, many of the symptoms described are reminicient of scopalamine (datura, brugmansia). seeing people not there, having conversations, imaginary cigarettes, dry mouth, black out

i believe dramamine is scopalamine too btw

Datura and other such plants have other things in the besides scopalamine. The reason I say things is because deleriants are not my area of expertise, I just know from what i've read on erowid.

It sounds like one of my DPH experiences. Seeing shadow people was the worst part. Everything was dark and I was on edge, and the slightest thing (like my cat walking by me in the hallway) would startle me enough to make me jump. I had conversations with people that weren't there. I was heavy and disoriented and had dry mouth and though breathing wasn't difficult it felt weird. I went through a period where I was somewhat addicted to it and couldn't sleep without at least 50mg. Hangovers would last a day or two. Now that I have access to real psychedelics I don't see myself doing it again anytime soon.

IMO, Deleriants are for people who really want to be out of there minds, completely. I've taken diphenhydramine a few occasions, but never over 500 mgs until the other night when I just didn't really give a fuck.. :(

diphenhydramine 250-500 mg

I am new to bluelight, usually just log on to read reports about drugs I am abusing, however I do feel compelled to write about this particular drug. I have been abusing diphenhydramine for years. sometime back in the early part of the twothousands, i read on some thread about good drugs to mix with antihistamines. they wrote that mixing opiates and antihistamines were a great high and there was some kind of synergistic effect between the two. I started mixing 80-160 mgs oxy with 50-100 mgs of diph and really enjoyed the combination of the two. I liked when i would start to think of something, then immediatly forget what i was thinking about. the diph really just added this quality to the opiate high that i just, i really liked the feeling. i would feel high on the opiates, then i would also feel like i wanted to jump out of my skin at the same time. i understand that this quality is undesirable to most people, but for some reason i liked it a lot. I continued to mix ever increasing doses of diph with my opiate doses to achieve this strange, enjoyable effect. I never once felt that i was "retarted" after using it, or that i was poisoning myself. i started to take doses as high as 300-500 mgs with my opiate dose. after sometime being addicted to heroin and oxy, i got clean off those drugs but never forgot the diph. i began to take diph on a regular basis with doses as high as 300-500 mgs with no added opiate. now, i have to admit that the effect is not as enjoyable as it is with opiates, however i still do it from time to time and enjoy it. i have never hallucinated, i have never had auditory hallucinations, however the strange dizzy, jump out of my skin feeling where i forget everything i think immediatly upon thinking it has some recreational value to me. i would not advise anyone do this because i am sure that i have done irreversable damage to some organs, however i still like it. please do not abuse this substance.

I finally aquired DPH yesterday as I intend to use it with opiates to potentiate.

Anyway, I thought I'd give it a whirl on its own. I wish I hadn't...

I took 600mg, and the next 5-6 hours were the worst of my life, seriously!

The first effect I noticed was that my quilt seemed to be rippling as if something was moving under it. I saw translucent spiders coming out from my radiator, the scariest part is, they had a reflection in the mirror, so I couldn't convince myself that they weren't real! Whenever the spiders appeared, it truly terrified me.

Next, I'd be typing something on my computer and after a few words, I'd completely forget what I was thinking of, this was horribly annoying.

I also had loads of auditory hallucinations which scared the shit out of me. Apart from the spiders and rippling, I didn't "see" anything.

I felt incredibly heavy though, I couldn't actually stand up...

It was a horrible experience, though it was interesting how "fucked" I felt, if you get me.

How much should I take to potentiate tomorrow's opiate fun? :)

DPH imo is like speed psychosis except you're tired, and you're MORE batshit insane
badnewsman
i only ever take it with heroin to potentiate the D, and thats like fiddy mg-100mg tops

I just learned of this Benadryl trick. Last night I got so high off benadryl it was not even funny. This cannot be good although it seems hallucinating like this is not that abnormal.

Benadryl Daymare

I just recently had an accidental incident with diphenhydramine (actually last night / today).

I've had insomnia since I was 14 y.o. and so you know that I've tried every damn medication in the world for this! Yet nothing seems to work. Until...
I came across a combo of: Diphenhydramine, Doxylamine Succinate, and Melatonin!
But here's the trick; you must take the Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 30 - 45 minutes BEFORE taking the Unisom (Doxylamine Succ) or else you'll start hallucinating right away, with high doses.

My Doses go as follows...
100mg Diphenhydramine @ 00:00
40mg of Melatonin @ 00:00
50mg of Doxylamine @ 00:45
30mg of Melatonin @ 00:45

And if I cannot fall asleep by the time ththe doxylamine hits me (25 minutes after ingestion) is then IMO it's safe for me to take another 50mg of Benadryl (diphenhydramine).

HOWEVER; not everyone has the same tolerances for these OTC drugs! This is my experience alone, I've yet to read anyone else's similar to mine. I'm sure they're out there somewhere though.

Anyways, back to my main point of why I started this reply ? ...

So last night I took my doses exactly as described above, except for the fact that I DID NOT have any Doxylamine left. So me being desperate and stupid wanting to really go to sleep to defeat my severe chronic insomnia; I substituted the Doxylamine for more Benadryl (Diphenhydramine)!
This was a GRAVE MISTAKE on my part. Because after ingesting approximately 300-400mg of Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) over the period of nearly three hours... you can guess what happened next.

So now it's 06:30am (took 50mg more diphenhydramine) and while lying down in bed with my eyes closed, I start seeing TV channels flipping (inside my head) faster than I can even see what's on! I open my eyes and my room has now turned into the goddamn island from Lost. Trees, lakes, beaches, and animals (lots of snakes, I hate snakes) everywhere!
Then I start to feel the tactile sensational hallucinations; the creepy crawlies on your skin that you know aren't there but feel them anyway!

So I said "Fuck this noise!" and ended up taking 1.5mg of Xanax (Alprazolam) sublingually (@ 09:30) so it would onset faster because I can't stand Hallucinations of any type! Now don't get me wrong, SWIM loves LSD or Shrooms, but that's a whole other different type of hallucinogenic affect.

Benadryl is so much worse, it's literally evil. It brings out the worst fears you've got.
But anyways, the Xanax kicked within 5 minutes and the hallucinations started to slowly fade away minute by minute.
Whew! ? I was super glad that Hellish nightmare was ending. By around 10:00am I was back in bed, with barley any hallucinations left and finally fell asleep easily.

Next time, I don't care how tired I am or how much insomnia I have; I'll never take more than 150mg of Benadryl (diphenhydramine) again! It's definitely not worth the hassle of dealing with the awful & horrid hallucinations, not to mention the HUGE hangvover the next day (after you've finally slept)...

Ugh ? I hate diphenhydramine with a passion!

~ SMD ~

Last edited: