• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Diphenhydramine) First time: Hallucinations: Very bad experience

I have an experience I'll share. Once before going to school ( I went to a VERY laid back alternative school), I took somewhere around 10-20 (handful) of benadryl. By the time the bus had gotten from my house to the school (about an hour and a half), I got off the bus VERY disoriented. I proceeded to walk upstairs and sign in at the office, only problem was when i rounded the corner, i walked straight into a wall and crashed to the ground. I also played this off as fatigue, as there were teachers about. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. my eyes looked like dinner plates. i decided to skip some classes and hang out outside in the pit, where we were supposed to smoke cigs. we also smoked weed and booted dope in there, but that's off topic. after about 20 minutes of standing in the pit, i began to start leaning backward involuntary. when a fall was imminent i crashed myself onto an old van seat and slept there the whole day. when i was awoken by a friend, school was over.

the whole day was a blur, and not exactly enjoyable. restless legs and unquenchable thirst really got me. go easy on these you wont regret it

Are restless legs a common side effect from dph in benadryl? Every since having 75mg last night for sleep ive had severe restless legs that are just unbearable!

i took 14 of these one time and i kept twitching hearing people talking to me and screaming yelling for me and i was tweeking out got made fun of for it but i have 9 in my room might take them

I took 60x 25mg benadryl a few months back. I remember my friend waking up and not knowing wtf I was talking about or who I was talking to. And my grandma waking up and thinking I had drank too much at the bar the night before, I remember she asked if my throat hurt because I cleared my throat in between every word I tried to talk. Another friend showed up while I was conscious that morning, but I never knew he was there. I remember The Scorpion King came on the TV and I thought I knew one of the bad dudes, and that he was gonna kill me when he saw me WITHOUT there being a TV screen between us.

Woke up the next day with random piles of vomit all over the place, mostly on top of white objects like my alarm clock, as if I thought they were toilets. Because I DO remember throwing up in the toilet!

Hangover lasted about a week, thought I was retarded for life.

I took 60 by accident btw... I meant to take like 24 or something. Didn't work out.

that sucks, my mum thought i'd gone mad when i took too much promethazine and was dialoging with invisible people, she called a doctor, who sectioned me into the psych ward, for 24 hours, MAAAAAAN that place sucks ass!

Hangover lasted about a week, thought I was retarded for life.

Interesting, a lot of people say that they experience "feeling retarded" or as if "there's a weight on the brain" that is suddenly lifted off when the hangover is done with.

I've never used diphenhydramine in anything but a small dose due to this reason.

Interesting, a lot of people say that they experience "feeling retarded" or as if "there's a weight on the brain" that is suddenly lifted off when the hangover is done with.

I've never used diphenhydramine in anything but a small dose due to this reason.

good choice

I just couldn't imagine taking a whole handful of Nytol. It scares me just to think about how awful it would make me feel. If you're trying to relax and catch a nice chill buzz take a few Xanax or Halcion or any benzo for that matter. Hell, even a Soma or two is nice.

Stay away from OTC diphenhydramine or any form of it... :\

If you're oh so desperate, take a moderate dose of DXM. Look it up on the search engine... :|

quote from.....dammit i erased that shit

My mind felt dull for several months afterward. This could have been due to the severe depression I had at the time, but I think it was at least partially due to abusing dramamine. I'd be worried about the possibility of permanent damage from using it at high doses, and it has to be one of the most unpleasant feeling drugs you can use.

i feel u dog.

imma tell everybody diphenahydramine is fun at first. but i abused it and its messed me up. i feel like i would be a diffrent person if i hadent done that shit. the last time i did it i forget how much i did, i think it was around 575mg???? but anyways i woke up in the morning and litterally felt like i had became dumber over night.like i had become a mental ward patient and thoughts couldnt cross from my mind to my mouth. specially when there was like five fucking ppl in my head. i think that shit can really fuck ppl up.....but idk thats just me

i did she some crazy shit tho lol. i saw my mom come in my room and started talking to me and then out of nowere she did one of those "praying hands, catoon dives" into a 2 inch crack between my bed and the wall, at which point i leaned down there and said "get out of there im trying to go to sleep!!".......lol

Last edited:
Yeah diphen definitely affects me for months after a bit of abuse.

My dreams get so much more vivid, and I question everything as if I'm hallucinating on the drug. I'll see random things and think "could I be hallucinating this?"

I'll dream things so real, like for an easy example I'll dream that I mowed the lawn or some shit. Wake up and when I see that the lawn hasn't been mowed, I'm baffled. Stuff like that puts me in a funny mood.

So, tonight I took some benadryl extra strength, I've had a cold for the past few days and haven't really been able to sleep. I took 2 tbsp as it says I should, and went to bed. I woke up about an hour later feeling extremely dizzy, still do. Every time I move my head it feels like my head is spinning and I'm not enjoying it one bit. I have trouble walking right now and have this blank crazy person, hit my head against the wall a couple hundred times look on my face. Not to mention, I haven't slept since oh I don't know, 10 p.m. and it's now 6 a.m. I'm kind of freaking out everytime I move it just feels weird. In total tonight I took 4 tbsp. thinking when I woke up that it was because my medicine had worn off. Pretty much, worst night of my life.

Myself, I have taken large amounts of DIPH. and had very good experiences... Hallucinations were very vivid and very worth while.

Also, ROBO-DM-MAX - same thing.

I do alot of drugs, mostly RX drugs. XaNaX, K-Pin, Temazepam, OC, Percocet, Hydrocodone, Dilaudid, oxymorphone (Opana)

What is a good drug(s) to mix with Kpins? heard someone saying Tagement or something like that, how does that enhance the drug?

Also, grapefrut with opiates and Xanax? whats your opinion(s)?

If this message dosent belong here, put it somewhere else. But let me know where it was moved to. Also, accepting private messages on this subject.

yea i took like 5 pills of 50 mg and it wasnt too intense im 130 pounds and 17 years old and male btw, the first thing i noticed was that could see things crawling in and out of the corners of my eyes like spiders or something, and then when i was alone i noticed an ominous looking shadow moving behind the refrigerator when i took a closer look nothing was there but sacared me a little.

Last edited:
I remember taking 350 or 400 mg of DPH in the evening on a really good day. My body was like iron and my muscles were really relaxed. I wasn't tripping but I was really relaxed and tired. Saw some visuals on my arm, mainly floater-like bugs, "spiders" or textures. I was neither delirious nor anxious but my memory was somehow impaired. Later I decided to sleep, it felt like falling into the ground. Comfortable, and I slept well.
On the other hand, a few days ago I took 100 mg DPH for sleeping, but my psychotic behavior and anxiety got only worse - kind of delirious and auditory hallucinations plus anxiety. Low dose atypical anti-psychotics like risperidone are much more comfortable in this state.

Sounds a lot like the time(s) I thought taking Dramamine (Dimenhydrinate) would be a fun trip at 18 years old.

And found out that 20 50mg pills was completely different than 8, bad different.
I found walking to be impossible and saw my friends get hit by cars in my living room when I was the only one (or so i thought) in there. I also watched a helicopter land in the street, played video games with no tv or game controller wherever I wanted. I was in a complete state of dilerium, unable to finish a sentence, thoughts dropping off after 5 words, and constantly thought I was dropping my cigarette on myself when I hadn't smoked at all.

This went on for 6+ hrs.

Well, its 10yrs later and I never touched it since, I enjoy tripping but that is not tripping, its full blown psychosis, completely different from any phen or tryp. I would STRONGLY advise never even treading in this territory EVER.

My story is extremely similar to those here:

- Young with access to Erowid (2000ish)
- Only access to drugs was OTC
- Took a bunch of DPH and had a terrible time
- Did it like once more to a repeat of the above
- Never touched since

I'll take 2 pills max for sleep or allergies but never again more than 2

Sounds horrible, like really really horrible. The most I've taken is 100 mg (took 2 50's, thinking they were 25's for sleep). Even this dose made me hallucinate somewhat, wasn't unpleasant really but I could see where it was going. For example seeing a blanket form into a hand shape and grope at me whilst I was half asleep. Overall eerie and messed up feeling, reminds me of sleep paralysis more than anything.

I posted on another thread about a fucked up DPH experience but basically I spent 24 hours unsure of whether I was dreaming or awake. Kept thinking I had woken up only to realise that I was still asleep and dreaming, like I was in some sort of weird reality loop. Scared the shit out of me basically.

I posted on another thread about a fucked up DPH experience but basically I spent 24 hours unsure of whether I was dreaming or awake. Kept thinking I had woken up only to realise that I was still asleep and dreaming, like I was in some sort of weird reality loop. Scared the shit out of me basically.

you had it good if thats all you encountered