• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT redundancies (and an awful lot about syringes and shooting up!)

Hey just wondering, if IVing triples the potency why don't people just do that instead of IMing?

Well, IV is said to be much more scary and unpredictable - while IM'ing is smooth and comfortable, yet still intense, and very consistent.

Yeah, I find 50mg pretty tame, atleast of the pink stuff. By the time I get up to 75 though things get interesting. I've only hit the 100mg mark once, and it was definatly an ass kicker of a trip, but something plan to do again. I would advise against using two injection sites, I just end up with two sore legs instead of one that way.

what's the pink stuff ? a batch that turn around earlier ? because when i look at the picture of dpt at erowid it's a nice white powder...
and i was wondering an other thing : if you insufflate little amount by little amount like 10mg every 5 min maybe is it possible to have a smoother onset ? does somebody have tried this ?

atleast of the pink stuff

Yeah I'm not sure if you'd call mine the pink stuff - it isn't white though, it's more of a light peach color. I only had to filter it once in a .20u filter, and that took ALL the color out and left me with a nice clear solution. Let some of the solution that was left over dry up, and now I've got a nice white powder.

So even if you're NOT going to IM it - a good way to clean the stuff is just to filter it, that takes out the color and you're left with a nice white powder.

I get up to 75 though things get interesting. I've only hit the 100mg mark once, and it was definatly an ass kicker of a trip, but something plan to do again

Hmmm... Yeah I think I'll probably have to go with 90-100mg then. This will be my fourth try with DPT and I REALLY want to get the full effects.

Good point about using two injection sites... I guess I'll stick with one leg, if it's ok to put 2mL of solution in one leg?

Yeah, you shouldn't have any problem putting 2cc in you leg. Most nursing sites I've found about IM injection say its ok to do anywhere from 2cc to 5cc(this seems like a bit much) there. Glad to hear that the color came out with the filter. I have three different batches, one is pink, the other slightly pink and the other is snow white. I've only tried the white stuff once, and it did seem stronger(60mg kind of got to me) but I think there may have been other factors involved. Still waiting for a good time to test it out again.

30mg DPT (IM) was more than "full."

Yeah, for you - but I've heard several others say 50mg was mild for them as well. I wouldn't be surprised if (once again) I had to take a higher dose of something. I definitely didn't get NEAR the same effects you did from a similiar dose of DIPT.

The supplier I got the DPT from is very trustworthy and I've never heard any complaints of purity issues from that supplier. I'm sure you'd agree if I told you who it was, but of course I can't.

A micron filtrer will remove non-water solubles, but not water-soluble compounds

Yeah, that's why I thought it was kind of strange that it totally took the color out - apparently whatever was coloring it was not water soluble, so it's a good thing I got a good filter and didn't inject whatever that was...

I still have a feeling it was the fact that I had done 5-meo-mipt earlier that day that made me have such a weak experience at 50mg DPT. That's why I took some time off to let my tolerance go back down. This weekend I'll find out for sure, when I inject the 100mg I just made into solution. This time I used hot water to heat it up, instead of a lighter, so there's no chance heat destroyed any of it (although I'm sure that wasn't the problem last time)

or, as mentioned before, a few of those people have different enough body chemisty so that dpt for them truly works.

When smoking the freebase, should you smoke it all quickly, like DMT, or can you put it in a blunt and still achieve full effects? My second attempt at the freebase yielded definite effects, but no OEV's and I had to kind of "go with it" to notice it mentally. Physically, I just wanted to sit on the couch with my eyes closed. If felt really good physically. I didnt get any sharp, electric feelings.

Well, just be careful about injecting an even higher dose. Who knows and suddenly it does start to work for you and it's too much...

Oh, I like to have a warm compress to hold over the injection site right after injecting to help with the bruising. After about 20 minutes I start rubbing antibiotic+ cream over the area, which really seems to help. I bruise pretty easy, but dpt especially seems to leave a big bruise. Just a suggestion that may save you some grief the next day.

Skrilla said:
The supplier I got the DPT from is very trustworthy and I've never heard any complaints of purity issues from that supplier.

None of the current suppliers makes their products. Every good company has sold before inferior products. I've heard many bad things abbout this "pink DPT" and I'm not sure about the purity. But we are breaking the rules as how or where one gets the drug is beyond the focus of the forum. No more supplier mention.

MGS

When smoking the freebase, should you smoke it all quickly, like DMT, or can you put it in a blunt and still achieve full effects? My second attempt at the freebase yielded definite effects, but no OEV's and I had to kind of "go with it" to notice it mentally. Physically, I just wanted to sit on the couch with my eyes closed. If felt really good physically. I didnt get any sharp, electric feelings.

john mason said:
Didn't Shulgin report in TIKHAL that 12mg provided him with a trip that was "way too strong" or something like that... he said he was using an IV drip aiming for 60mg IV and after 12mg he decided to stop... that is saying something LoL

BTW, I asked Dr. Shulgin and he said probably less than 1/3 of all the reports in PIHKAL and TIHKAL are actually his. Many are from his wife, and members of his inner circle/research group. And some were drawn from journals and classic literature. It seems a lot of people are under the incorrect impression that every report in the two books are his. They are not. Some of the chemicals (can't think of any off-hand) have reports and Dr. Shulgin never even took the substance.

Okay, after much debate of which RC to purchase... I have finally settled on DPT in freebase. It is short-acting but still transcendentally profound. It seems I can use it and still have time in the day to do anything I may need to finish while having plenty of divine consciousness to integrate within my Self. However, I have never freebased anything before and am very confused on what a "freebase pipe" or "glass bubble pipe" is. I know I do not want to use a lightbulb... so, can some one offer a picture of what a pipe like this actually looks like? I think I need to light it from the bottom 'til the freebase begans to vaporize... but I have no idea of what a pipe like this looks like so I can't even begin to find one. Thanks.

Last edited:
^^ Do a search. Either in this thread or another one dealing with DPT and/or freebasing, there is a link to a picture of the pipe you want. I think there may even be a link to a store where you can buy one, but I may be thinking of another forum.

I don't see myself getting a tolerance because dpt scared me shitless. I'd say stay off for a while. Shulgin said 12mg IV was too strong. I don't like the cold wet feeling in the lungs and throat. It hits super fast so you've got less than 3 seconds to get the needle out.