• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

generic Roxi Blues

warbucks

Bluelighter
ok so i have been doing these 30mg blues for about 3 years now. i love them lol. its the best drug i have ever took. the high is great and soo different than regular oc 40s or 80s i just get in such a good mood. i am not happy though with the generics. usually i snort a half of one and im good. or snort a hole if i want to really hit. idk i just do them on the weekends mostly so i never got a high tolerance. but the Mallinckrodt generics just suck ass. i took two today over the course of some time and never even felt really hitting. and the whites really blow. snorting them would be a waste its best to eat them.

anyone else feel this way? i work in a pharmacy and swear that MOST generics are the same as the brand. but this is quite the opposite.

feedback?

the brand 15 roxis are same size and shape they are just green.

and yes i do see a difference in the generics

like i posted above, the blue Mallinckrodt generics are more better than the white ones, dont know the name of the manufac tho. the white 30 generics are horrible though

brand roxicodone is best.

wait..

you just posted a link from the yahoo search? thats lame i was asking for some real opinions from bluelighters not copy and paste shit.

NE one else have thoughts on brand and generic roxis?

come on bluelighters i know you've tried them LoL

I havnt had those same pills, but i think more than a few people on this board agree that malinckodt pills SUCK. I used to get the 5mg IR oxy pills and i would eat handfulls of them, going way past my normal dose only to be let down because i wasnt high. I dont get it, by law it has to contain the same amount as the brand name pill. Maybe it is a different formulation or something?

ALWAYS ask the pharmacist what brand of generic they're going to give you, and if they saw mallinckrodt then do not accept them. The lower cost of the pills dont account for the lowered potency IMO. Im really not sure if there are any good generics because the only ones i tried were the mallinckdrodts and the originals.

Which roxicodone is the brand-name (not generic)? What does it look like or what company is it made by?

ctman42069 said:
Which roxicodone is the brand-name (not generic)? What does it look like or what company is it made by?
http://www.pharmer.org/imprints/narcotics is a good page for this kind of questions.

lyserg said:
The lower cost of the pills dont account for the lowered potency
I really don't get this either. Umm... could it be, that some of the generics are just so hardly pressed and the binders used take a longer time to break down, than e.g. with the brand name. I mean, if you get the maximum plasma concentration of the active ingredient in 30 min with a preparation from company X and then with a preparation of the same active ingredient from company Y would take 60 min to get the maximum plasma concentration of the active ingredient - the difference would be considerable. When we're talking about small amounts, like 5 mg oxycodone, it really makes a difference if you get the max. plasma concentration in 30 mins compared to e.g. 60 min (I wonder if there really is such a big differences.). Anyway, I'm just guessing. It would be nice to get an answer from someone from the regulars of ADD. 8)

Last edited:
the 30mg ones made by amid pharm are scored with an 8 on top and 215 on bottom, these are to me different, i think theyre better. they are also skinnier

^^^those are the ones i get and they are better than the mallincrap version for sure they are tiny compared to the extended release they are even a lt smaller than other generics

I actually posted this in reply to anouther question on roxicodone...

Generics can have a percentage less of the active ingredient then the brand name medication; I am not sure the exact percentage. This is why "some" generics are stronger then others. I know for a fact that Mallinckrodt have less then 30mg in each tablet, there package insert states they have 27mg in each 30mg pill, there 15mg has 13.5mg, another example is there 10/325 generic Norco have 8.9 mgs of hydrocodone. I am rx'd Roxicodone 30mg and ONLY get the Actavis generics they are the only ones I have had that compare 100% to the brand name. But I never, ever fill any mecicaiton with Mallinckrodt generics, usually for most I get watson, expect roxies. If i am unsure what generics the phramcy carries, I call and ask..hell i have driven 20 miles out odf way not to get mallies...

In my experience, Roxis are awesome. I have done a few different brands of oxycodone and for some reason some do seem better than others. I have only done Roxys twice, but both times were some of the best floats I've had (40 mg both times). The only time I've had an unpleasant experience on oxycodone is from eating it, and that time I have no idea what brand it was.

oathrocks said:
I actually posted this in reply to anouther question on roxicodone...

Generics can have a percentage less of the active ingredient then the brand name medication; I am not sure the exact percentage. This is why "some" generics are stronger then others. I know for a fact that Mallinckrodt have less then 30mg in each tablet, there package insert states they have 27mg in each 30mg pill, there 15mg has 13.5mg, another example is there 10/325 generic Norco have 8.9 mgs of hydrocodone. I am rx'd Roxicodone 30mg and ONLY get the Actavis generics they are the only ones I have had that compare 100% to the brand name. But I never, ever fill any mecicaiton with Mallinckrodt generics, usually for most I get watson, expect roxies. If i am unsure what generics the phramcy carries, I call and ask..hell i have driven 20 miles out odf way not to get mallies...

THANK YOU, finally someone that can have some proof for me. I've heard something like it could be 20% give or take.

TokinDerrick said:
THANK YOU, finally someone that can have some proof for me. I've heard something like it could be 20% give or take.

I went to the doc recently to get refills for my birth control and my Doc informed me they come in generic now. I asked if they were just as good and my doc said that generics only have to be 80% as good as the brand name. Obviousley I decided to stay with my name brand BC but it could suport your theory that generic are less effect/strong then the name brand. I mean 80% is sad I thought it had to be 100% the same.

anything mallinkrodt is bad news IMO especially pain meds...avoid them at all costs.

i had trouble with mallie brand oxy-IR capsules not being as good as the ethex or other brand i usually received.

avoid mallinkrodt.

ask ur pharmacy to stock a different brand or go to a different pharmacy, of course, call first.

It Has a score in the middle of the pill and on the top of the score there is an 'A' and on the bottom of the score it says '215'

AND MAKE SURE YOU DONT LEAVE THE BOTTLE OF PILLS IN YOUR CAR DURING A HOT DAY OR SOMETHING...... Because that can COMPLETELY fuck up the potency.