• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

oxycontin withdrawl, got some hydromorphone

first of all, hydromorphone is stronger than oxycontin, so how are you going to use it to break an addiction with a weaker substance? lol

in my experiences, it takes around 3, 8mg tabs to fully relieve an 80mg oxy habit.

and you might want to space out snorting them. hydromorphone is probably the last thing i would want to taper or even relieve withdrawl, just because it doesn't last long at all. you'd be better off with vicodin or morphine, even methadone.

??

Is Oxy withdrawl the same as dope?? Or is it worse in one way or another??
The last time i was in rehab i remember asking this one kid why he didnt just shoot dope (he was there for shootin Oxys)...cause its cheaper and whatever. He said to me that when you shoot oxys..you are guarenteed the high you're purchasing basically. Theres no chance of it being weak...or a dummy. I never thought of it that way untill he said it...i must admit...he did have a point.

wow people really take hydromorphone seriously around here lol. I just wish i could get my damn hands on em.

there is no way 24mg of hydromorphone feels like 100mg of oxy. it might put you into an insta-nod, but it lacks almost every other opiate quality unless im shoving it in my vein. /shrug.

So many people on here think that hydromorphone is the king of all opiates lol. yea its a great rush but its over so fast it, its not that awesome. it really is the crack of opiates hah... you have to redose so often so stay high, your arms end up looking like pin cushions. It's great for fast pain relief as well, but when i want to get high i would take heroin over it anyday. The trade in rush is worth the longer lasting high IMO

combinations of the two is where its at ,the withdrawel is hell even high doses of methadone hardly help you just have to wait it out ,overall hydromorphone is incredible but not worth it unless you really limit your intake

yeaaa i just want to give it a try... ive never IV'd but it is the one drug that im willing to.

^^I read your report on dilaudid on erowid. Sounds like my first time using it but my first time, I didn't nod I was just warm all over my body for about 4 hours. When I started to come down from the high, I felt sick to my stomach so I didn't inject again............this was IM.

My first IV, I was nodding like you and then from then on it's just been a craving for dilaudid and LOTS of it. I have run out and felt the worse withdrawals, throwing up and barely able to move. I love it so much but the fact that the initial rush is about the end of the high for me has me only using it occasionally now when I can get it whenever I want and for pretty cheap. I take them orally for pain relief.......yes I know it's a waste but when I want more recreational, I'll IV......I take them oral as the pain relief last longer orally. I have found that I couldn't keep enough of this around when I was IV'ing as I just take more and more when I have it and can't stop myself.........so I switched to oral for the pain relief. Never tried snorting so I can't answer your question and the highs from the 2 drugs (oxy and hydromorphone) are different for me.

I prefer morphine because it lasts longer.........I'm talking IV morphine.

Now to the original poster, are you just trying to keep away the w/d until you can get more oxycontin or are you trying to kick your habit altogether? I would try to find another drug other than hydromorphone because it's w/d is just the same as oxycontin.......to me atleast and I've used both these drugs...........scripted, but abused.

DonkeyPunch said:
in order to get the same effects as an 80mg OC you'd have to blow a LOT of dilaudid. thats why everyone said what they did.

thank you man

soundsystem00 said:
first of all, hydromorphone is stronger than oxycontin, so how are you going to use it to break an addiction with a weaker substance? lol

im not trying to use it to break addiction im trying to use it to get me through to when i get more, if i coulda bought some oxy instead i would have it was all i could find, its a opiate so im not complaining, sall good tho im getting more oxy tomorrow and the hm was gone yesterday morning, took the last 4mgs and 150mgs of morphine and didint have anything till last night when i found one and a half 40's and i found two more thismorning so ill be good till tomorrow.

if i wanted to quit oxy id try tapering down on morphine or codeine or somthing, or even oxy.

anyone else i didint reply to, i did read ur post just too long to reply to every 1, thanks for all the feedback, whatever the nature was lol

anyways yeah as i jus said im getting more oxy tomorrow so problem solved :D

Urbie said:
*laughs* You just reminded me when I was curious before I stumbled into the world of Hydromophone, it still has some evil traps towards the end of the road.

Check out my report.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=146377

Yea... it's so hard for me to get my hands on that becoming addicted would virtually be impossible, i would never let myself fall into an IV habit either.