• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

smoking vicodin?!

Peppermint Fear

Bluelighter
We threw some vicodin in a hooka a few weeks back. I felt some euphoria, and I was very skeptical of it working... but I would consider it a weak, though definitely present, hydro high (I've done hydro before so I know the high). My friends said they felt it but I didn't til much, much later, almost as though it had a really delayed release when smoked.

Anyone know how much of this was real and how much was placebo? Remember, I was skeptical from the start but kept it to myself (so as to keep their placebo high going if thats what it was. yea, i'm a nice friend)

I don't even think its possible to vaporize hydrocodone. It'll combust before it gives off the beautiful opioided fumes. But umm.. why would you bother smoking it? What a waste. Unless your dealing with pure hydrocodone powder to fuck around with, whats the point?

I'd put my money on placebo. Smoking APAP is probably less than healthy as well....plus there is all the binder in the pills.

Just posted this in another thread... smoke weed and swallow the pill that do it !!

If you have pure, freebase hydrocodone then yes you can chase it off foil. I know because I did it. Since it's a prodrug their is no rush but its stronger and comes on in about 10 minutes. If you want to seperate out APAP then use calcium hydroxide. It will drag the APAP out of solution.

^a simple CWE (cold water extraction) works too.
....but you would still need a base like sodium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide, or potassium hydroxide to convert it to freebase form.

If you had pure USP grade hydrocodone bitartrate, then that fact might have lead to a useful activity, but I doubt you do. I know I don't.

So calcium hydroxide does both jobs at once. It will get much more pure product and you lose less. Oh, if you just wanted to freebase it then use ammonia. You can warm the solution and the ammonia goes away.

Why people insist on smoking pills is beyond me.....

But yeah, the idea of extracting out the hydrocodone base from the tablet in order to smoke it sounds interesting....

Hydrocodone also has a handy ketone group so you could also form a bisulfite or sodium iodide complex to clean it. That cleaning method is used when people make PMK from safrole.

Why people insist on smoking pills is beyond me.....

it all depends on teh pill. what if you could find desoxyn ( pharm methamphetamine ) and get it in a freebase? im sure alot of people would rather smoke their pure meth than eat it.

but if i had that, id just shoot it already :p

Yeah it definitely wasn't my idea to smoke the pills, I wanted to eat em because I knew that's the best way to get it done... they insisted though, and not wanting to be "that guy" I went along with it, compromising that we at least got to break one of em up and do lines of it for fun.

Lines of hydro? That's quite the waste, too... I hear of so many people doing it, and I don't know why.

the prepster said:
Lines of hydro? That's quite the waste, too... I hear of so many people doing it, and I don't know why.

Snorting it wouldn't work? I've snorted half a tablet, and then few minutes later did cocaine...resulted in a bloody nose, coke was really nice though. But this was when I first got into drugs, so I never knew if the coke just erased the hydrocodone, or if it worked. Haven't done either since unfortunately... =/

Definately don't snort Vicodin. They will clog the fuck out of your nose and you will feel a tiny bit of it. Plus all that apap and fillers just don't get you high.

Best way is to just take a few orally.

This brings up a question I got.

Can you not effectively smoke hydrocodone as is, say from an evaporated cwe? Is the vaporization point so low, that you have to convert to freebase to smoke via conventional means?