• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

smoking vicodin?!

^Hydrocodone from a CWE is still in acid salt (bitartrate) form. The melting point's about 297 degrees Fahrenheit for the bitartrate salt. Considering that an average lighter flame is a whole hell of a lot hotter than this, I'd say the only way to vaporize hydrocodone for inhalation (i.e. smoking it) would be to convert it to base.

But if you ask me, that'd be a waste. Pills are for eating.

i used to swear by smoking vics but the pills wigh atleast 900 milligrams since its 750 os apap and i assume at least 150 of binder so itd be less than 1.5% hydro per toke and thats not enough to get any high. its probably either placebo or the smoke inhalation or toxic fumes from the apap, or maybe oxygen deprevation. i now know better and either eat or plug. i believe its bullshit that smoking the pills work. however a gravity bong of soma will pass you out, and thats a fact.

u should know that vicodin isnt the only thing in those pill, there are binders and fillers in there that arent good to be smoked.

shvender hoot said:
^a simple CWE (cold water extraction) works too.
....but you would still need a base like sodium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide, or potassium hydroxide to convert it to freebase form.

Yea, but calcium hydroxide drags out the APAP and it's easy to get. Duh!

You can smoke oxycodone, though very poorly, hydro probably wouldn't smoke well, if at all either.

this is why i check bluelight BEFORE i try something sketchy like smoking a pill.............which is generally a retarded idea anyway.

yes wesmdow ive heard of people smoking pills but to me thats got to be the worse tasteing smoke in the world!!!

They should start printing right on the vics "Attention kids: Hydrocodone has a high oral bioavailibility so don't be a tool and try and smoke or snort these, they are filled with APAP you idiots"

My bad for not paying attention to the threads title. Pure hydrocodone base, or weak salt (like bitartrate) will smoke well & while you can get pure material from APAP infected crap, it's not something that a non-chemist should try. If you want to smoke hydrocodone, then search the web & see how easy it is to make from codeine or dihydrocodeine. The really funky may wish to change the 6-one to a 6-methylene making the stuff a whole lot stronger...

yo

My dad has a lot of vicodin tablets so i've been wondering if it was smokable also. What if it was through a bong, would all the harmful chemicals get filtered out?