Bluelight

Thread: smoking vicodin?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    smoking vicodin?! 
    We threw some vicodin in a hooka a few weeks back. I felt some euphoria, and I was very skeptical of it working... but I would consider it a weak, though definitely present, hydro high (I've done hydro before so I know the high). My friends said they felt it but I didn't til much, much later, almost as though it had a really delayed release when smoked.

Anyone know how much of this was real and how much was placebo? Remember, I was skeptical from the start but kept it to myself (so as to keep their placebo high going if thats what it was. yea, i'm a nice friend)

2. Collapse Details

You shouldn't smoke hydrocodone and APAP.

3. Collapse Details

I don't even think its possible to vaporize hydrocodone. It'll combust before it gives off the beautiful opioided fumes. But umm.. why would you bother smoking it? What a waste. Unless your dealing with pure hydrocodone powder to fuck around with, whats the point?

4. Collapse Details

I'd put my money on placebo. Smoking APAP is probably less than healthy as well....plus there is all the binder in the pills.

5. Collapse Details

Uh no.

6. Collapse Details

Sounds like a waste of perfectly good pills.

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Just posted this in another thread... smoke weed and swallow the pill that do it !!

8. Collapse Details

If you have pure, freebase hydrocodone then yes you can chase it off foil. I know because I did it. Since it's a prodrug their is no rush but its stronger and comes on in about 10 minutes. If you want to seperate out APAP then use calcium hydroxide. It will drag the APAP out of solution.

9. Collapse Details

^a simple CWE (cold water extraction) works too.
    ....but you would still need a base like sodium hydroxide, calcium hydroxide, or potassium hydroxide to convert it to freebase form.

10. Collapse Details

If you had pure USP grade hydrocodone bitartrate, then that fact might have lead to a useful activity, but I doubt you do. I know I don't.

11. Collapse Details

So calcium hydroxide does both jobs at once. It will get much more pure product and you lose less. Oh, if you just wanted to freebase it then use ammonia. You can warm the solution and the ammonia goes away.

12. Collapse Details

Why people insist on smoking pills is beyond me.....

But yeah, the idea of extracting out the hydrocodone base from the tablet in order to smoke it sounds interesting....

13. Collapse Details

Hydrocodone also has a handy ketone group so you could also form a bisulfite or sodium iodide complex to clean it. That cleaning method is used when people make PMK from safrole.

14. Collapse Details

Why people insist on smoking pills is beyond me.....

it all depends on teh pill. what if you could find desoxyn ( pharm methamphetamine ) and get it in a freebase? im sure alot of people would rather smoke their pure meth than eat it.

but if i had that, id just shoot it already :P

15. Collapse Details

Yeah it definitely wasn't my idea to smoke the pills, I wanted to eat em because I knew that's the best way to get it done... they insisted though, and not wanting to be "that guy" I went along with it, compromising that we at least got to break one of em up and do lines of it for fun.

16. Collapse Details

Lines of hydro? That's quite the waste, too... I hear of so many people doing it, and I don't know why.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by the prepster
    Lines of hydro? That's quite the waste, too... I hear of so many people doing it, and I don't know why.
    Snorting it wouldn't work? I've snorted half a tablet, and then few minutes later did cocaine...resulted in a bloody nose, coke was really nice though. But this was when I first got into drugs, so I never knew if the coke just erased the hydrocodone, or if it worked. Haven't done either since unfortunately... =/

18. Collapse Details

There is WAY too much filler in a vicodin tablet for snorting it to do any good.

19. Collapse Details

Definately don't snort Vicodin. They will clog the fuck out of your nose and you will feel a tiny bit of it. Plus all that apap and fillers just don't get you high.

Best way is to just take a few orally.

20. Collapse Details

This brings up a question I got.

Can you not effectively smoke hydrocodone as is, say from an evaporated cwe? Is the vaporization point so low, that you have to convert to freebase to smoke via conventional means?

21. Collapse Details

^Hydrocodone from a CWE is still in acid salt (bitartrate) form. The melting point's about 297 degrees Fahrenheit for the bitartrate salt. Considering that an average lighter flame is a whole hell of a lot hotter than this, I'd say the only way to vaporize hydrocodone for inhalation (i.e. smoking it) would be to convert it to base.

But if you ask me, that'd be a waste. Pills are for eating.

22. Collapse Details

ok thanks

23. Collapse Details

i used to swear by smoking vics but the pills wigh atleast 900 milligrams since its 750 os apap and i assume at least 150 of binder so itd be less than 1.5% hydro per toke and thats not enough to get any high. its probably either placebo or the smoke inhalation or toxic fumes from the apap, or maybe oxygen deprevation. i now know better and either eat or plug. i believe its bullshit that smoking the pills work. however a gravity bong of soma will pass you out, and thats a fact.

24. Collapse Details

Planetary body completing its rotation every 831,364.09053 seconds
    u should know that vicodin isnt the only thing in those pill, there are binders and fillers in there that arent good to be smoked.

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Smoking APAP to get high, that sounds like a GREAT idea!! WTF.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast