• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Peruvian Torch Powder

The slimy goo that remains after making tea of san pedro is like thick bile. It has a horrible sour bitter taste and a texture to match it;)

Using the tek above, you can really control how thick the tea will be. If you don't boil it down too far, you'll get about 20 fluid ounces of a tea that isn't thick at all, for a foot to a foot and a half of cactus.

Just depends whether you'd like to take a couple shots of a thick nasty brew, or space it out for a while with a less dense brew. Texture tends to bother me more than taste, so I leave it watered down.

The taste however, is the tricky part.

Since this thread is current it's a good a place as any for this question:

Can bone-dry T. peruvianus (in this case sliced flesh, not powder) be kept indefinitely if sealed and cool? One assumes the mescaline itself is stable, but also wonders if the material breaks down in some way over time...should it be frozen if being saved for a rainy day?

^Here's a quote from a thread in basic drugs...

shrooms dried properly last years, so it probably wasnt that they were a mere week old.

I understand mushrooms/cacti, and psilocybin/mescaline are not the same thing, but if might help give you a good concept of it, but I can't say for as I don't know.

Mescaline is extremely stable. 5800 year old peyote has been found still having 2% alkaloids. That's more than even strong peruvianus skin.

The dried flesh will outlast any of us here, provided you don't keep it in conditions comparable to Mt. Doom.

Elgr said:
Using the tek above, you can really control how thick the tea will be. If you don't boil it down too far, you'll get about 20 fluid ounces of a tea that isn't thick at all, for a foot to a foot and a half of cactus.

Just depends whether you'd like to take a couple shots of a thick nasty brew, or space it out for a while with a less dense brew. Texture tends to bother me more than taste, so I leave it watered down.

When dealing with cactus, I prefer the smallest ammount of goo possible;)

Elgr said:

When dealing with cactus, I prefer the smallest ammount of goo possible;)

Do you mean getting your cactus matter to the smallest amount (boiling it down as far as possible)? Or... literally having the smallest amount of goo, which would be zero goo if left in a liquid tea state?

Elgr said:
Do you mean getting your cactus matter to the smallest amount (boiling it down as far as possible)? Or... literally having the smallest amount of goo, which would be zero goo if left in a liquid tea state?

Down to the smallest total ammount of material possible without damagimg by overheating;)

Doctor__Anonymous said:
is there anyway you could smoke the peruvian torch powder, or dried skin of them?

You COULD smoke anything, but like peanut shells and banana skins, smoking cactus will have no effect.

Doctor__Anonymous said:
and also, could i crush up the dried peruvian skin and parachute it?

That actually would work, and has been successful for me and many other people in the past.

Doctor__Anonymous said:
do you have a link that says if mescaline is active through smoking?

Just think about the sheer amount of dried cactus you would have to smoke.

Even if you had good quality cactus with 1% mescaline per dried weight, you would have to smoke 30 grams of cactus to get a threshold dose of 300mg mescaline.

And, judging by the taste of the powder, smoking even a minute amount would taste disgusting.

thanks a lot man. i guess that will be my method of ingestion. i look forward to it. how much of the dried skin do you think i would need for a mid to strong trip?

GOD the taste of this stuff

haven't touched it since summer and still have not tasted anything more disgusting

So we did an extraction...small one...got brown residue...scraped it..put it in a capsule and the capsule melted...lol.
Any ideas?

melange said:
GOD the taste of this stuff

haven't touched it since summer and still have not tasted anything more disgusting
Indeed, it is bad. The first time I ever ate it, I tried chewing up the dried cactus skins. I got around 18 grams down before I couldn't stand it anymore.

Now, just the smell almost makes me throw up.