• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Withdrawing off clonazepam

i had withdrawals from benzos, but I just tapered down with what little valium I had and then with klonopin. It's all will power, sometimes I still get the cravings where I drive myself nuts.

Flush the drugs or give them to your mother(my mom flushed my drugs when I gave it to her so I guess just flushing it would be your best option) if you're tempted to take them. What do you want, get clean from it for good or get clean from it for a few days?

I don't take them recreationally, and I don't intend on taking them for any long period of time again, but I wouldn't mind having some on hand for the rare set of panic attacks/horrendous things happening in my life.

ETA: Besides, my mother would probably just give the drugs I gave her to her friends or take them herself. She's not terribly responsible about that sort of thing.

The stigma surrounding benzodiazepine withdrawal on these forums appears mostly to be incorrect; seizures are rare. Low dose withdrawals are painful, excruciatingly so, yes. But they are tolerable and they end.

Nephron, the reason that it gets worse as it continues seems to be a matter of the drug's half-life. Once it's completely out of your system, you'll know. I've battled all sorts of withdrawals from benzodiazepines, and the ever-present opiate withdrawal, from small to irresponsibly massive doses. Each time I'm reminded why I take these drugs in the first place.

Not for recreation. But to live without fear and anxiety. Calmness, peace... I enjoy being able to carry a conversation without being overly conscious of what I should say, or whether I'm acting strangely. I am naturally paranoid and anxious, moreso than the average person. But this addiction is something I will bear, for it has allowed me so much, and cost me perhaps double. Still, I find it all to be worthwhile.

You, my dear nephron, are no longer in need of benzodiazepines. Certainly keep them for occasional use if you feel that you can trust yourself; you never know when a panic attack will strike, but I have a feeling that you'll be able to keep everything under control.

If you ever wish to know more about benzodiazepine withdrawal, or anything relating to benzodiazepines that you cannot find over the Internet then please PM me; I own all the books I could ever need, and yet I still desire more.

Oh, and good luck in the future. It's always nice to see someone succeed in terms of benzo addiction; they're awful drugs to let go of, and you must be strong-willed if you can cast them aside as you have. Take care! %)

For what its worth comming off benzo's is the worst withdrawal I have ever had! I made it for 2 years and it got better!!!!and was never happier .then one day I picked them up again and lost it all again! If you make it stay off them it just gets WORSE,I KNOW!!
Mylestone

How long did you take them before you stopped for 2 years?

BTW, what do you mean it get's worse? The addiction?

i've had no problems

SWIM has been abusing benzo's on and off for 7 years now SWIM would go on terrible binges taking up to 40mg of xanax or ativan or 400mg of valium in a day for 5 days straight then stop cold turkey till SWIM's next script and the withdrawals are minor especially when compared to the opiate drugs... SWIM never had any seizures the only withdraws for SWIM was some mood changes... a little irritability or rebound anxiety.

The best thing to do is switch to a longer acting benzo like diazepam (Valium) and do a slower taper and FOR GOD'S SAKE GET RID OF WHAT YOU CALLED "piles of oxazepam, lorazepam and diazepam." I you are like me it will never work with all those pills around. Being that you haven't been on those
pills for too long you should be OK after a month or so. Good Luck.