• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Methylone vs MDMA

I am experienced with both MDMA and Methylone. After many trials in a variety of settings, I prefer Methylone over MDMA.

Methlyone provides the amazing come-up rush I experience with MDMA followed by intense sociability, empathy, and relaxation. MDMA pretty much does the same thing but the come down and post-use depression can linger for a long time, especially if a large dose is taken.

I like the shorter duration and the quick come down period. I usually redose 1/2 to 1/3 of my original dose once the first effects become apparent to keep the rush a bit longer.

My perfect dosage range with Methlyone is usually 200-250mg followed by a 100-150 milligram booster. I have taken it at parties and had fun, but I agree that taking it at home with close friends, family, and partners is the best way to have a productive trip.

I still enjoy taking MDMA on occasions, I just have to make sure I have some time to recover. I don't always have debilitating crashes, but the ones that have been bad were BAD. There were probably a lot of factors at play here though. I also don't enjoy the chance of getting adulterated pills. While ordering a RC isn't safe, it is considerably more reliable in my experience.

That isn't to say Methlyone doesn't have a dark-side. I know the limit I am comfortable taking and don't go past it. I can't usually show that kind of discretion with MDMA. The only time Methylone has felt coke like at all for me was after 2-3 re-doses in one evening and the only similarity was over stimulation.

It is clear to me that taking too much has led me to stray away from MDMA, it isn't the drugs fault :)

Aside from duration, if I was blindly given an equivalent dose of either, I might not be able to tell the difference.

Yeah, purity is never a question if you have a reliable source for RC's.

Ok. In my methylone experience I can tell you this.

The push is not as good. You only get about 1/3 of the serotonin affinity that MDMA has so you don't feel the "Loving Push" as much. But the affinity for Norepinephrine and Dopamine transporters is very similar. So the body high for me feels very similar. I want to get up and dance, but my Push isn't as far. Because you don't have the same serotonin affinity, the comedown is much cleaner. Sure there can be an aspect of dysphoria, but I feel like that is mostly state-dependant. Situations where you have to come down with other people around you are more likely to induce dysphoria.

Methylone isn't like MDMA.

Yeah. Methylone isn't something I'd take to a raging party, and it isn't something I'd take at a concert. Methylone is something for small parties, and get togethers with good friends, where the focus would be more on inter-personal relations with the people around you.

Methylone can also be good for solo excursions...

I like it, but like I said, it isn't MDMA.

I was trying to come up with a good word to describe the Methylone experience. I would use the word "Rolling" but I think it doesn't fit as well. You "loan your emotions to methylone" and methylone tries to make you fix these emotions. It's like suddenly taking a really good anti-depressant and suddenly realizing that you need not worry about "things".

I once made an interesting experience: i did 3x or 4x 150mg Methylone, with a difference of approx 1-2 in between each dose. then I went to a rave, and did some MDMA.

There was an obvious cross tolerance between Methylone and MDMA. Now interessting is, that it was not a complete diminishing of all the MDMA-effects, only the aspects that Methylone has "used already" have been affected.

It's like methylone has some aspects of MDMA, but not all of them. Those aspects, that Methylone is lacking, weren't affected by tolerance and therefore were present in the MDMA action.
Like the mathematical difference between both.

What has been left, after pulling MDMA through a Methylone-Filter, was: the unique Magic of MDMA, the love, the total affirmation of existence with every part of your being, this is what only MDMA has, and what Methylone is missing. At least to me it is like that.

At the rave then, after taking mdma the magic and the love and euphoria came up, but the speed of action was very fast. Like: whoom - up - whoosh - down. And afterwards, my brain went out of serotonine , so i was really really f*cked up! :) I mean I was alright, just the emotional battery was empty. so I had to go back home at 03:00 (during night).

IMHO Methylone isn't worth taking it, especially when you could have mdma instead.
maybe it is intersting to try once, so one can compare it with MDMA. But (imho) it is not even close to a substitute of MDMA. better stay with MDMA, and even MDEA....

... because of the hedonistic and counterproductive mindstates it encourages. I found Methylone to be a weak empathogen, producing a selfish mindstate. As an entactogen it was better, feeling like doing a line of coke on some MDMA. But I'm not really into that.

I was not humbled by the beauty of the experience, or any real revelations. But I was indeed humbled by such a shitty drug taking control of my mind in such a sinister way and I couldn't do anything about it. It was like a bad coke crash. I have a lot better control over the direction of my mindset on 500ug LSD for gods sake! And I can keep it positive, and I usually do.

Methylone definitely took me to some dark places in my mind. Dark places that were chemically produced and had absolutely no therapeutic value in producing.

Holy shit, I know this is an old post but this took the words out of my mouth - literally. I was typing this same post almost verbatim.

I've never ever had so much evilness inside unleashed as I did from M1 (220mg bombed).

It was a better rush than anything else I've ever taken in my life, but man, did it pull the curtain off of some sinister shit that was lurking inside of me. Pure hedonism.

And FWIW, I had a much worse comedown than I expected, including my first true-blue suicide Tuesday.

A couple of years ago, unable to find any decent MDMA, I discovered methylone - and at first, I loved it: bright, sharp, full of energy, I ended up taking it way too much (three or four times a week - not huge quantities: 200mg a session, very occasionally 300mg), but after a few months I found that I was no longer getting the warm lovelies from it. Instead, it was leaving me wired and edgy and unable to sleep without a fair bit of alcohol and weed in my system. I'd wake up tired and drained the next day - but that didn't stop me doing it again. The anticipation of a roll on it was always better than the reality and I actually began to hate myself for taking it. That's the start of an addiction :( I used to write notes for myself when on it, describing how shit it was making me feel so that next time I was tempted, I'd read them and hopefully listen to my own voice. And it worked!! I didn't cut it out altogether (of course!) but I did cut it down to once a week or once a fortnight, especially once I found a source of good MDMA - which was waaaaay nicer: no comedown, much more empathic.

Now I've discovered aMT (sorry if this is drifting off-topic) and it's really, really nice!! In fact, I'm seriously considering flushing the last couple of g of methylone that I have down the loo. I won't, obviously, but I have no intentions of doing methylone again for a looooong time. For the foreseeable future, aMT and MDMA (not together!! Serotonin syndrome!!!) are the way for me to go.

Mxx

PS Forgot to mention: methylone made me incredibly horny and dirty, but was an absolute hammer blow to getting a stiffy - and, even more, to achieving orgasm, which always took forever and was incredibly unsatisfying. Wanking and sex on MDMA or aMT are fucking brilliant!! :)

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, unable to find any decent MDMA, I discovered methylone - and at first, I loved it: bright, sharp, full of energy, I ended up taking it way too much (three or four times a week - not huge quantities: 200mg a session, very occasionally 300mg), but after a few months I found that I was no longer getting the warm lovelies from it. Instead, it was leaving me wired and edgy and unable to sleep without a fair bit of alcohol and weed in my system. I'd wake up tired and drained the next day - but that didn't stop me doing it again. The anticipation of a roll on it was always better than the reality and I actually began to hate myself for taking it. That's the start of an addiction :( I used to write notes for myself when on it, describing how shit it was making me feel so that next time I was tempted, I'd read them and hopefully listen to my own voice. And it worked!! I didn't cut it out altogether (of course!) but I did cut it down to once a week or once a fortnight, especially once I found a source of good MDMA - which was waaaaay nicer: no comedown, much more empathic.

Now I've discovered aMT (sorry if this is drifting off-topic) and it's really, really nice!! In fact, I'm seriously considering flushing the last couple of g of methylone that I have down the loo. I won't, obviously, but I have no intentions of doing methylone again for a looooong time. For the foreseeable future, aMT and MDMA (not together!! Serotonin syndrome!!!) are the way for me to go.

Mxx

PS In terms of sex, methylone used to make me feel incredibly horny and dirty - but was a hammer-blow to my stiffy, and even moreso to my orgasms that were extremely hard to achieve, and shittily disappointing and frustrating when they happened. aMT and MDMA have given me some incredible orgasms that have left me feeling totally spent and ready for a great night's sleep :))

Sorry about the duplicate posting: got an error message after posting it the first time, reposted - and voila: there it is twice!!

Mxx

I think this thread would look better in ED instead of PD

I have a question that I need answering about the M1, if it is so expensive and someone gave it to me for free to either take myself, sell, or whatever.. is there a good chance that it's something not normal? I asked him what was in it and he said M1, and that it has a smooth comedown. I've taken E before many times but never Mollies. It's in a clear capsule with tiny, white, grainy-like salts.. Not sure how many MGs because he said that was just one regular dose but that he also had double dose ones.

IMO methylone > MDMA for the following reasons:

Less/no depression in the days after use

More stimulation

Less mindfuck (can barely form sentences the day after MDxx and feel generally retarded while rolling)

Cheaper, easier to obtain and more likely to be pure (maybe not now that it's Schedule I)

To me, m1 feels like what MDMA is described as: like everyone in the room just won the lottery at the same time, or some such shit. MDMA is too sedating for my tastes, and the after-effects make it almost not worth it. Almost ;)

I've had pure MDMA once, at 100mg. Tan crystals that smelled of root beer. But it was completely inactive at that dose, and as such I actually cannot compare MDMA to methylone.

M1 I got at high purity, and my first trial was with 270mg. Needless to say, I was absolutely floored and agree with the above in terms of how my M1 experience lines up with "what ecstasy is supposed to be like". It has very little comedown and it makes me incredibly empathic and in tune with the social dynamic around myself. I don't have a source for MDMA so I simply use M1 for this purpose, and it hasn't steered me wrong yet. In fact I really enjoy the stimulation and it gives me a great confidence boost without much penalty the day after. I just keep doses spaced out by a few weeks and haven't noticed any tolerance buildup yet.

IMO if 100mg of MDMA was inactive then it was certainly not pure. 100mg of pure MDMA, while no means a flooring dose, is certainly active.

Completely inactive. To be fair it wasn't the typical setting for MDMA; I was camping in the woods with my girl and we had spent most of our time drinking, eating, and smoking weed, so it's probable that stomach contents and habituation with the weed high were contributing factors.

Methylone definitely has empathic push to it; after the initial rush wears off I'm actually more sedated than I'd expect from the stimmy body high. I love giving foot rubs to my girl and talking about our future together. Very lovey dovey.

what I'm asking, then, is how you can be sure that it was pure MDMA, because 100mg of pure MDMA should absolutely be active. Counting stomach issues and setting.

I'm only as sure as anyone else without a reagent kit. It was from a trusted friend, and everyone else who had sampled that batch verified that it was certainly real MDMA. Maybe we were unlucky and they were weighed on a 0.1 scale so we only got ~70mg each. I don't know. It's just my only experience with MDMA so I had to mention it.

Methylone on it's own was, i suppose a joy. Bk-Mdma. It suits it's name. Loady and even visual at some points but it's still like you're basing your chem out of a gas pump. Maybe it's just me and i drink too much. Totally viable option... DOC and Mthylone/Lidocaine damn near killed me. I had recurring vasoconstriction for 3 full weeks if i did any kind of cardiovascular excersize (Including masturbation...) And in case you don't know how that feels, it's like someone is crushing your skull from the inside out. Methylone works. I suppose. It feels okay, yeah, but i'm sure if you strapped methyl and a methylene dioxy hat onto tarmac it'd feel great too. It works. It is NOT real MDMA. MDMA is ecstasy. And by ecstasy, i mean, You are in love with every living creature and feeling. The world is perfect. Methylone will get you a good body load and possibly visuals if you are lucky, but i have burned through a gram of methylone alone in a night before and gotten nothing more than Sleeping far longer than i should have and waking up high, after missing my shift at work. If you can't find the real shit, it's a substitute, but if you can get your hands on REAL N-methyl MDA, Seriously, what the fuck are you waiting for? I'd eat that shit every day.

It is strange how people seem to percieve this drug in very different ways. Some things people are saying are really surprising to me:

1. Methylone is not like MDMA
2. Methylone is like coke
3. Methylone is not suitable for parties, but only for chilling at home with a few friends

I disagree with all of these statements. Firstly, in my opinion methylone and MDMA are definately comparable. To me methylone feels like MDMA with less euphoria (although it is definately present, and pretty good), with more stimulation, and less "stupidness". With that last thing I mean you're more clear-headed, which is an advantage in some situations.

The feeling however is very comparable in my opinion; although the euphoria is not as overwhelming as with MDMA it is definately the same kind of feeling. To me it doesn't feel like coke at all, I don't enjoy coke, but I like methylone. The feeling I get from coke is nothing like MDMA.

The last point is most puzzling to me: why would a drug which leaves you less stupid then MDMA and gives you more energy be less suited for partying? I'd say drugs that are this stimulating are perfectly suited fot that purpose.

Of course you could have different experiences. However some people are saying these things as if they are facts, while everyone I know that has tried methylone would disagree.