• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Guide to Antibiotics and MDMA

damn
i wish i wouldve known this...

i am on an antibiotic, or was, for a period of a week. I rolled twice, and tripped once throughout this time...

it was for an ear infection.. and .. hmm.. well the infection isn't really gone

i geuss it's time to take another round!

i have been taking doxycycline for about two months. 100 mgs once a day. i'm wondering what the BEST period of time to wait after stopping the antibiotic would be. i've heard 2 days, i've heard 4 days, etc. also, would the amount, intervals (24 hours) and all that make a difference in determining how long to stop for? just need to know. thanks

any answers?

i'm jus considering stopping 3 days before. my guess is that my using doxycycline for months on end (as opposed to 10 days for an infection) that i should stay of the doxy longer. dunno. also, the pill is mda, if that makes a difference.

Rxlist.com says that the clearance rate of doxycycline is about 40% in 72 hours in persons with normal kidney function. It is unclear as to whether this refers to single dose, continuous dose or both. However, based on this, I would guess that a period closer to a week would be better in terms of having cleared the doxy. However long you stay off the doxy. before taking the mdxx I would still recommend you proceed with smaller amounts than you are used to.. remember you can always increase your dose, but once it's in, you can't take it out.
:)

The following antibiotics have the potential to be dangerous, because they inhibit one of the enzymes (CYP34A) that breaks down MDMA.

Could this mean there would be a delayed onset of effects from the MDMA while also taking antibiotics?

I have taken 2 pills while on doxycycline, and had a very good roll.

Although admittedly, it took much longer to shake off my mild bronchitis/cough, which the antibiotic was prescribed for.

Where is the evidence MDMA suppresses the immune sytem? If you pre and post load, eat well and sleep b4 and after the experience I don't believe it.

in sickness and in health.....

i have rolled when i was getting a sore throat and ended up floored for a whole week with some nasty bugs and said i would never do that again but then..
t was comming down with somthing the eve of a big event and i didnt pay $100+ to drive there and back so i said screw it and the next day i felt even better (altho it was a day/early evening event)

I think its not realy the MDxx but rather the pack and a half of ciggies you smoke while rolling and sharing around your vicks stick and staying up until 9am the next morning that screws you over way more than the MDxx.

thats from personal experiance!!

fairnymph said:
The following antibiotics have the potential to be dangerous, because they inhibit one of the enzymes (CYP34A) that breaks down MDMA. Thus, you should be cautious (consider taking a 1/2 dose of MDMA) if you are taking one of these antibiotics. Antibiotics with a (*) indicate that people have rolled on this antibiotic safely -- though it is still recommended that you be careful with these.

amoxicillin *
[/url]
www.rxlist.com
www.bluelight.ru, Health Forum and Archive

I would like to state that I did not have a good time with 2 pills and amoxicillin. When the pills started kicking in, I was freezing fucking cold and shaking like mad, but sweating like crazy, I couldn't tell if I was going to be hypothermia or hyperthermia. For some reason I did not feel thirsty at all, my friends kept making me drink water. I also felt delirious, and started freaking out when two of my hands started tingling and went numb (I am an IV user, usually thats the beginning warning signs of possible amputation), so I immediately started doing finger exercises, putting on gloves, etc...

When I went to go urinate, the smell of my piss was REALLY REALLY strong. I don't think I've ever smelled anything so strong before...

However, I also partied a few days straight before that with barely any sleep and did around half a gram of meth immediately before plugging those 2 pills, on top of popping a few 5-HTP to intensify the roll. So I self-medicated myself with GHB and xanax and everything was just just sweet again (till I passed out 20 minutes into the sex anyway).

Last edited:
Question about Antibiotics adn GHB

I'm currently under antibiotics Amoxicilline for an ear infection. Will be any problem to take one shoot of Ghb ?? of shall I stop the antibiotic to be on the safe side?

THanx
Grtz

fairnymph said:
I'm currently taking the antibiotic ________ , and I want to take MDMA -- is this safe?

If you are sick enough to be taking an antibiotic, there is a good chance that you aren't healthy enough to take MDMA. MDMA supresses the immune system, making it easier to catch viruses and infections. Thus, if you are trying to fight an infection, and you take MDMA, there is a good chance that it will take you longer to recover from your infection. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you wait until you are in better health before taking MDMA.
There are certain cases, however, in which the antibiotic is not being taken for reasons of poor health. For example, many people take doxycycline daily for acne. In a case like this, taking MDMA will not significantly affect the user's overall health.
If you do decide to roll, and there is no reaction between your antibiotic and MDMA (as per the lists below), then it is extremely important that you continue to take your antibiotic exactly as directed by your doctor. If you decide to stop taking your antibiotic for a day or so (because you want to roll, and your antibiotic interacts with MDMA), then make sure that you finish taking all your antibiotics after you roll.

Should I be worried about any interactions between my antibiotic and MDMA?

Most antibiotics are theoretically safe to combine with MDMA. I say 'theoretically' because although there are no forseeable interactions, there has been no medical research on the combination of MDMA and antibiotics.
There are a number of people who have rolled safely on antibiotics, and to date a bad interaction between an antibiotic and MDMA has never been reported. However, this does not guarantee that you won't have an interaction, so keep this in mind.

The following antibiotics should be, theoretically, safe to combine with MDMA (note that these are NOT brand names, but rather the chemical names):

azithromycin
bacitracin
cephalosporin, and forms of (cefepime, cephalexin)
ciprofloxacin
flucloxacillin
flucytosine
griseofulvin
isoniazid (used to treat TB)
minocycline*
moxifloxacin
neomycin
nitrofurantoin (but this may cause oxidative stress and so MDMA would be best avoided)
penicillin
polymyxin
streptomycin
sulfamethoxazole
trimethoprim

The following antibiotics have the potential to be dangerous, because they inhibit one of the enzymes (CYP34A) that breaks down MDMA. Thus, you should be cautious (consider taking a 1/2 dose of MDMA) if you are taking one of these antibiotics. Antibiotics with a (*) indicate that people have rolled on this antibiotic safely -- though it is still recommended that you be careful with these.

amoxicillin *
clarithromycin
doxycycline (common acne med) *
erythromycin
ketoconazole
lansoprazole
primaquine
tetracycline*
troleandomycin

Please note that this is NOT a complete list of all antibiotics -- if you are taking an antibiotic that is not on this list, PLEASE make a post in the Health Q&A Forum so that your antibiotic can be researched.

References:
www.pubmed.com
www.rxlist.com
www.bluelight.ru, Health Forum and Archive

Faustus31 said:
I'm currently under antibiotics Amoxicilline for an ear infection. Will be any problem to take one shoot of Ghb ?? of shall I stop the antibiotic to be on the safe side?

THanx
Grtz

If you interrupt the course of antibiotics (by not taking them) you risk not properly treating the ear infection. I can't find any research to support an interaction between amoxicillin and ghb.

here's a similar thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=76705&highlight=ghb+antibiotics

Help with antibiotics

Hi, my friend has problems with Latent TB. She is very healthy and has no other medical problems. She is currently taking Isoniazid which i know is safe with MDMA however im a little unsure on Rifampicin...

Does anyone have any knowledge of this antibiotic?
Is it possible to roll on?
I'd hate her to be stuck without a roll for 6 months....

Help appriciated....

Rifampicin actually induces CYP 3A4. This means that MDMA will be broken down more quickly and so the effects may be weaker. The interaction should be safe, if anything, she may need to take extra MDMA. I recommend she take her normal MDMA dose but have an extra 1/2-1 pill on hand if she finds it less effective than usual.

It could mean that she will roll just as hard but the roll will be shorter -- I'm not sure by how much, but rifampicin is a strong inducer, so it could be quite significant. So re-dosing may be necessary even if the roll is not weaker than usual, just to roll for a typical length of time.

Good luck, I hope you get this info in time.

just out of curiosity, why would the subject of question come into if its safe for antibiotics and MDMA?

is there something necessarily bad at the thought of the combination that i havent come across?

don't forget, boys and girls, that the longer your infection lasts, the stronger the bugs become... especially if you're killing off the weaker ones with antibiotics... so the stronger onces can divide/multiply.

You should give your body the best possible chance of recovery... superbugs that are resistant to all known antibiotics are a very very real threat...

If you're sick enough to need antibiotics, then you shouldn't be rolling... you should be in bed, drinking heaps of water and dosing up on vitamins; helping your body fight off the infection as much as possible....

you are incubating bugs that could potentially kill, not just you, but poeple you spread them on to.... and this isn't paranoia... this is happening... eg: there are now Staph bugs in hospital that can not be killed and are wiping out patients like crazy... the overuse of antibiotics in our society needs to be curbed, and you should start by ensuring you need to take the minimal amount possible.... going out and taking mdma is probably one of the worst things you can do - especially if you're sharing bottles and vicks sticks and hugging and kissing and touching everyone.... have a little bit of social responsibility!

/end rant

Really bad experience with eurythromycin & E. Took 5 pills, which may seem a lot, but i've taken 5 before, and usually take 3-4. Anyway, ended up in hospital. They called it an 'Ecstasy Overdose'

I'd also taken aspirin, but i doubt this was the cause.

I'd love to find out if it really was the eurythromycin that caused me to react the way i did. I felt as though i wasnt coming up off the pills at first, then the more i took the more i came up. Hours and hours later it felt like it had worn off a little and i could go to sleep, but half an hour later my heart was racing and i had very bad hallucinations. it was terrifying frankly. heart rate was 125 at its peak - i hear its only 150 for a full on heart attack. Scary stuff

dont do it!

this really is a great thread. does anyone else have any experience on tetracycline combined with mdma? and combined with other kinds of drugs?
thanks

Can verify that amoxicillin shouldnt be mixed with MDMA. i rolled last weekend while i was halfway through my course of amox. Started out ok, on the same pills as my friends. i seemed to be feeling the effects a little more than them. I redosed, and bang... on my ass, hallucinating, sweating and generally feeling pretty crappy. Thats the first time this has happened, and since none of my friends had dramas with those pills, il put it down to the amox.