• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Guide to Antibiotics and MDMA

Please somebody give me advice!

I am taking amoxicillin 500mg x3 a day and paracetamol x3 a day for a tooth/gum infection for three days now. I read people took mdma while on amoxicillin without any problems, but couldn't find paracetamol or the combination of the two.
Tomorrow is a mutual day off with my girlfriend which we have been looking forward to for a long time.
Could somebody advise me if i can roll on these medications or shall i not take them tomorrow and continue after rolling, or maybe only take paracetamol?
Any advise would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Upon reflection, I think this thread belongs in ED.

Mods, if you disagree, feel free to send it back.

Please somebody give me advice!

I am taking amoxicillin 500mg x3 a day and paracetamol x3 a day for a tooth/gum infection for three days now. I read people took mdma while on amoxicillin without any problems, but couldn't find paracetamol or the combination of the two.
Tomorrow is a mutual day off with my girlfriend which we have been looking forward to for a long time.
Could somebody advise me if i can roll on these medications or shall i not take them tomorrow and continue after rolling, or maybe only take paracetamol?
Any advise would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Honestly a tooth and gum infection can often be cured or prevented with hygiene such as brushing, flossing and rinsing.

MDMA will cause the bacteria to flourish.

Whenever someone is on a round of antibiotics I see no reason to not wait until later to not compromise the immune system.

A while back I was taking amoxicillin to prevent a possible infection after a dentist visit. There was a rave coming up so I spent about a week here on blue light reading to find out if it was safe for me to roll that weekend. After not finding anything negative (at the time at least) I decided to go ahead and roll at the rave that weekend. I also did not take the amoxicillin the day of the rave. I took about 60 - 90 mg of MDA or sass, wanting to make sure I was going to be able to handle it while on my meds. (I am a female, about 125 lb.) Within 20 mins of taking it I started to feel like I was going to pass out. I felt weak and couldn't stand up. Then I started to feel nausea, and was rolling pretty hard but with the intense weakness, it was not enjoyable. Everytime I would try to walk I had to sit down and rest every like 20 feet or I was afraid I was going to just pass out. I felt like my heart hurt and like I dont know, it wasn't working correctly? I had to spend the entire rave sitting down, sometimes with my head between my knees. Though the music still sounded awesome, I was unable to dance with my friends. I do not recommend mixing these!

I'm about to be starting Keflex soon, and probably using a wide range of chemicals while on it. I'll be sure to report back

Hello, i was just wondering if anybody knows or anyone has the experience of mixing the antibiotic clindamycin (teva-clindamycin 150mg) with mdma? I am on these antibiotics for two weeks unexpectedly and had plans to do mdma tomorrow evening i was wondering if this was safe. In addition i am also taking a prescribed anti inflammatory (it is not a narcotic) called ketorolac (teva-ketorolac 10mg). I was just wondeirng peoples thoughts on mixing those three pills. Thanks
On another note i would like to see if anyone gets this way when rolling? I used to be very lucky and be able to get my hands on pure crystal mdma that went for $100 gram and it was absolutely amazing. I had it for about two months until it was no longer attainable and it was hands down the best two months ever. It gave me the greatest high, one i never could achieve again from just taking pills. From doing this crystal there was no comedown, i slept perfectly fine and i had no negative reaction. The headrush was unlike anyother and i can not put into words how amazing it was every single time. Now i am unfortunately doing pills of mdma and my body isnt reacting well to the unpure mdma. For example, i dont get a headrush and i get quite shaky. I get uncontrollably thirsty its absolutely ridiculous, to the point where im going pee every ten minutes. My body temperature is off the charts... it feels like my hands are ice packs so whenever i touch any part of my body (i,e neck or arms) its very relieving (NOTE: i get this sober to but its mild, its very uncomfortable when high and it stops me from sleeping. i usually need cold towels or baths.) All in all,im very sad my mdma trips are not as enjoyable but also confused as to why this happens with my temperature? Doesnt happen to anyone else i roll with and no one seems to understand what im talking about, i also get this feeling sober its just exacerbated when i am high. Any thoughts?

*BUMP*

I am currently on Amoxycillin (only started today), and had a flu/infection for bout 4 days... I really wanna roll Sunday night.. So I'll probably just go off them for that day. see how it goes.. WIll have lots of friends arouind me if anything goes uncomfortable. Anyway, thanks for this FAQ fairnymph and BL!.. it's great!

WOAH! Hold up, amigo. DO NOT stop taking antibiotics in the middle of a dose!! That is how highly-resistant superbugs develop (infections that are resistant to whole categories of antibiotics). The doctor prescribes you a certain round, 7-14 days typically depending on the problem. If you stop taking it a couple of days early, only the very strongest of the bacteria in your body have survived since the weaker ones would have been killed in the first couple of days of antibiotics. Only the most resistant ones survive to the end of the round of meds. Now, these very strong and resistant bacteria are free to multiply, creating millions of bacteria in your body that are just as strong and resistant. You will not only remain sick, but may find that this kind of antibiotic doesn't work for you in the future, which knocks one off your list. For example, maybe amoxicillin would work best for Person A's type of infection, but now that she is resistant to amoxicillin, it won't work for her, and it's possible that all of the antibiotics in its family like piperacillin and floxacillin won't either. If this happens, the types of antibiotics she can take in the future decreases. This doesn't sound dangerous since there are many types of antibiotics out there, but certain antibiotics work better for certain infections. Some have horrible side effects. Some are hard to access. One day you may be in an isolated area that only has specific types available (this one is bigger if you travel in developing nations or rural areas). You may have severe sensitivities to some kinds of antibiotics. There are plenty of reasons why you don't want to be resisant!

What you would be doing by stopping taking antibiotics in the middle of the round would be giving these more resistant bacteria 24 hours to multiply. In that time, a HUGE number can multiply and fill your body. You have a few days worth of meds to take after you roll, but the dose will not be nearly enough to kill the amount that have multiplied. You would need to go back to your doctor to get a few days' more antibiotics to make up for the time you lost allowing those little suckers to divide like crazy! No bueno.

Out of all the medications out there, there are only a few that will absolutely not work if not taken as prescribed: Birth control, antibiotics, and certain psychiatric medications, mostly. Do not mess with it. I wouldn't ever recommend taking MDMA while on medications that could decrease your body's metabolism, but in my opinion, if you were going to roll no matter what anybody said, my opinion is that it would be safer to take the MDMA in a smaller dose (since your body will not break it down as quickly, a smaller dose would still get you just as high, theoretically) than it would be to stop taking your antibiotics, even for a day.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
WOAH! Hold up, amigo. DO NOT stop taking antibiotics in the middle of a dose!! That is how highly-resistant superbugs develop (infections that are resistant to whole categories of antibiotics). The doctor prescribes you a certain round, 7-14 days typically depending on the problem. If you stop taking it a couple of days early, only the very strongest of the bacteria in your body have survived since the weaker ones would have been killed in the first couple of days of antibiotics. Only the most resistant ones survive to the end of the round of meds. Now, these very strong and resistant bacteria are free to multiply, creating millions of bacteria in your body that are just as strong and resistant. You will not only remain sick, but may find that this kind of antibiotic doesn't work for you in the future, which knocks one off your list. For example, maybe amoxicillin would work best for Person A's type of infection, but now that she is resistant to amoxicillin, it won't work for her, and it's possible that all of the antibiotics in its family like piperacillin and floxacillin won't either. If this happens, the types of antibiotics she can take in the future decreases. This doesn't sound dangerous since there are many types of antibiotics out there, but certain antibiotics work better for certain infections. Some have horrible side effects. Some are hard to access. One day you may be in an isolated area that only has specific types available (this one is bigger if you travel in developing nations or rural areas). You may have severe sensitivities to some kinds of antibiotics. There are plenty of reasons why you don't want to be resisant!

What you would be doing by stopping taking antibiotics in the middle of the round would be giving these more resistant bacteria 24 hours to multiply. In that time, a HUGE number can multiply and fill your body. You have a few days worth of meds to take after you roll, but the dose will not be nearly enough to kill the amount that have multiplied. You would need to go back to your doctor to get a few days' more antibiotics to make up for the time you lost allowing those little suckers to divide like crazy! No bueno.

Out of all the medications out there, there are only a few that will absolutely not work if not taken as prescribed: Birth control, antibiotics, and certain psychiatric medications, mostly. Do not mess with it. I wouldn't ever recommend taking MDMA while on medications that could decrease your body's metabolism, but in my opinion, if you were going to roll no matter what anybody said, my opinion is that it would be safer to take the MDMA in a smaller dose (since your body will not break it down as quickly, a smaller dose would still get you just as high, theoretically) than it would be to stop taking your antibiotics, even for a day.

Stay safe!

The person you quoted committed suicide years ago fyi

The person you quoted committed suicide years ago fyi

Wow, that's awful. I didn't see the date of that post. Poor person :/

The information I posted still rings true for every other person on this board, however. A huge number of people have no information or knowledge regarding how bad an idea it is to stop taking antibiotics in the middle of a round, or stopping early. I'm sure there are many others on this thread who have either done so or have seriously considered doing so, so I maintain my case.

Just wanted to make a quick note. Isoniazid and MDMA could potentially be a very dangerous combination actually.

Isoniazid has MAOI properties. It was actually the way antidepressants were discovered. Doctors noticed that TB patients were experiencing euphoria due to their TB meds (Isoniazid).

Obviously, you don't want to be taking anything slightly MAOI with MDMA.

Looking for some advice here. My wife got her wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday and got prescribed Amoxicillin. We are going to see Krewella this Saturday and really wanted to roll. We got our hands on the White Atari and was curious if it would be OK for her just to take a half. After reading on this forum and some other forums it looks like MDMA and Amoxicillin have mixed reviews on taking them together. And advice would be great!

As someone who is no stranger to mouth infections, I wouldn't risk rolling at all. It beats your immune system down too much, interaction or not. Infections in the mouth are extremely serious and should never be taken lightly.

Hi MagicalKat777 thank you for the info. I was afraid that this is what I would hear :(

How long would you say one would have to wait after getting wisdom teeth pulled to safely roll?

I would wait two to three weeks. Keep in mind that antibiotic resistance is a huge problem - an infection that was originally susceptible to amoxicillin may not be the second time around. An infection in your mouth can quickly spread into your blood stream, the surrounding tissues, your brain, or even your heart. Its definitely nothing to take lightly.

Hello i did not stop the antibiotics (amoxicilin). i was taking it for 2 days and i did mdma last night. i did not even think about if there could be any problem with it before doing it. I just need to know if i can keep taking the antibiotics now or wait a bit or what? Any help from anyone would be great! i have no idea what the best thing is to do

Has anyone safely rolled on clarithromycin (biaxin)?
Even on a half dose of M?
I want to roll for the music festival im attending on the weekend.
It will be my 6/10th day on the antibiotic

Just thought I'd let anyone curious know that I safely rolled on clarithromycin a few weekends ago.
I started off slow because I was a little nervous.
I took my morning dose of clarithromycin 500mg
Took just over half a molly. An hour later I did another half. And 30 mins after that I took a full one.
I was completely fine. No nausea, in fact less than usual. I was just as high as I usually am. And it didn't last any longer than usual. It was perfectly fine and made for am amazing rave

Hey everyone, I'm heading to a music festival this weekend and have just started taking Clindamycin for a small toe infection. I didn't notice any other posts about this antibiotic and was just wondering if it would be safe to roll on with my typical dose of 1.5-2 pills over an evening?