• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Guide to Antibiotics and MDMA

I can report that Phenoxymethylpenicillin Potassium seemed fine with 170mg Methylone + 50 Butylone, no ill effects after, but not lessening of the comedown the next day like some people seem to have reported.

I have to disagree about mdma weakening your immune system. I got the flu before a festival and was miserably sick. Rolling actually made me feel much better. My congestion and sore throat were much more manageable and I had a migraine that went away. Granted I don't roll very often, this was the 7th time I believe. But everyone's body reacts a little differently I suppose.

tonsillitis

I bought a ticket for an event i have been waiting months for. I now have tonsillitis and am taking Cefdinir or generic omnicef 300mg. My event is in a few days.
Question is will it be safe to take the antibiotic with my popping?

The following antibiotics have the potential to be dangerous, because they inhibit one of the enzymes (CYP34A) that breaks down MDMA. Thus, you should be cautious (consider taking a 1/2 dose of MDMA) if you are taking one of these antibiotics. Antibiotics with a (*) indicate that people have rolled on this antibiotic safely -- though it is still recommended that you be careful with these.

amoxicillin *
clarithromycin
doxycycline (common acne med) *
erythromycin
ketoconazole* (but person experienced a very strong, long roll - proceed with caution!)
lansoprazole
primaquine
tetracycline*
troleandomycin

ok so someone help me out here, like just a quick pm, but in the (safe) list it says doxycycline, which is (what my doctor told me) a weaker version of monocycline. and in the (unsafe) list it says monocycline. so i have a bottle of each medication which i use for acne, and i noticed that my roll was ALOT more fun when i had taken the doxy, rather than the mono. its not like i went out of my way to look this up i just came across it but if anyone has any info on whether or not this is all just in my head please hit me up:)

I bought a ticket for an event i have been waiting months for. I now have tonsillitis and am taking Cefdinir or generic omnicef 300mg. My event is in a few days.
Question is will it be safe to take the antibiotic with my popping?

I have the same question except I have strep :p

Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim don't inhibit any ezymes related to MDMA metabolism. These should be safe to combine with MDMA.
Although a pharmacist recently warned that extremem dehydration while taking both drugs in combination (Septra, for example) can cause them to recrystallize in the kidneys causing stones. He gave the example that one would need to suffer the type of dehydration equivalent to running a marathon on an 80 degree day. Some parties in hot venues are filled with marathon dancing + MDMA encourages dehydration as it is so bear that in mind if combining either of these antibiotics with MDMA.

Hey guys
Im currently taking augmentin (amoxcillin) but for a sinus infection. I've had it for about a month now. I dont feel sick really, i just have bad congestion, to the point where its blocking my left Eustachian tube. (Cuts off alot of hearing in that ear) I took my first two doses yesterday. I'm going to coachella this weekend and I wanted to roll on friday. Any advice whether i should take a day break or not? Or just not take it at all? Thanks

The original post is confusing. It says in the beginning that it is completely safe to take MDMA with doxycycline, but then doxy appears in the "potential to be dangerous" list. Well, which is it?

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the answer here that you're looking for, RhythmSpring--Have you tried using a search engine in the mean time?

A search on "doxycycline MDMA" yields varying results:
-The combination is potentially dangerous
-People have rolled fine, if not better while on it.
-doxycycline potentiates MDMA by inhibiting a certain enzyme (the same enzyme that grapefruit juice inhibits)
-doxycycline may even be neuroprotective.

Hmmm, sounds enticing...

^^yeah i was on doxycycline in november (i got moved up to minocycline) and i rolled fine.

i really doubt its neuroprotective though hahaha.

bump. anyone have an answer for my question about doxy? safe or not?

I wish I'd seen this when you posted it as I have been taking doxycycline for a little over a year and also do MDMA occasionally.

Even though the Op's list says doxy is an unsafe antibiotic to take with MDMA I have rolled 3 or 4 times while on doxy and havent noticed any difference or ill effects. I skipped a dose to take the MDMA just so it wasnt fresh in my system, but i cant say weather or not that made any difference or if it was a good idea.

I take 200mg doxy daily for acne btw.

Curiosity

I'm currently taking Clindamycin 300 MG for an oral infection and will not finish till sun morning, I'm facing the opportunity of encountering some MDMA and or hallucinogens this weekend and really do not want to do something stupid. If anyone has any type of information regarding my health risk when mixing the two that would be fantastic. Thanks for the fantastic thread be easy
BB

Experience

I am halfway through a script for AMOXICILLIN (50mg, 3x daily, for 10 days). I rolled 2 nights ago. As previously stated in this thread, there were VERY NOTICEABLE EFFECTS. I had not even thought about a possible medication reaction before the roll, but my unusual experience sent me researching. I was with 3 other people who had a more typical reaction to the MDMA.

We all ate at 9:30, then took one pill at 11, then I came up much faster than them, rolling alone for about 45 minutes until they caught up. It was great. I started to get scared when my vision started to blur, but I figured it was just because of my enlarged pupils. But I brushed it off because I was feeling great. I started chewing. Also normal. At 3, We took our second dose. That's when my experience began to change. I got even dizzier. Threw up. Teeth started chattering uncontrollably (Very glad I had my binky). Then my whole body started shaking. It took every ounce of effort I could give to keep my eyes from rolling back. I started to foam at the mouth. My friends were fine. By the time everyone was going to sleep, around 8am, I was still very high. I could not blink without losing myself to a very very vivid hallucination. If the remaining chemical had not been thrown up early on, I don't know what could have happened.

I would recommend anyone that is considering rolling on AMOXICILLIN to USE EXTREME CAUTION.

I am halfway through a script for AMOXICILLIN (50mg, 3x daily, for 10 days). I rolled 2 nights ago. As previously stated in this thread, there were VERY NOTICEABLE EFFECTS. I had not even thought about a possible medication reaction before the roll, but my unusual experience sent me researching. I was with 3 other people who had a more typical reaction to the MDMA.

We all ate at 9:30, then took one pill at 11, then I came up much faster than them, rolling alone for about 45 minutes until they caught up. It was great. I started to get scared when my vision started to blur, but I figured it was just because of my enlarged pupils. But I brushed it off because I was feeling great. I started chewing. Also normal. At 3, We took our second dose. That's when my experience began to change. I got even dizzier. Threw up. Teeth started chattering uncontrollably (Very glad I had my binky). Then my whole body started shaking. It took every ounce of effort I could give to keep my eyes from rolling back. I started to foam at the mouth. My friends were fine. By the time everyone was going to sleep, around 8am, I was still very high. I could not blink without losing myself to a very very vivid hallucination. If the remaining chemical had not been thrown up early on, I don't know what could have happened.

I would recommend anyone that is considering rolling on AMOXICILLIN to USE EXTREME CAUTION.

Thank you for sharing this, Great first post.
I know very little about mixing of MDMA and Antibiotics, or any other Substance.
I just know you shouldnt mix them is all.

One of the nastiest ones ive seen is where someone mixed AMT with it

Hi, i'm new and have a bit of a problem.

I'm going to a trance festival tomorrow. I've been looking forward to it for weeks. However, having been feeling rather ill all week, i've just found out i apparently have tonsilitis. My throat is rather painful, but the illness hasn't got so bad that i've had a fever or anything, yet.

I've been prescribed phenoxymethylpenicillin-kalium. 3 per day. I was hoping to take mdma tomorrow evening, and possibly on Saturday too. Would people not recommend this combination? If i were going to mix mdma and antibiotics, is it better to skip a couple of doses, or reduce the amount of mdma i take?

In situations like this i'd normally skip taking the drugs and focus on recovery. However, this weekend really is of particular importance. I'm meeting up with a girl i've liked for a long time (we only get to see each other around once per year) and she's made it quite clear that something will probably happen between us once we've had a few dips. Hence i really want to get high with her this weekend