• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Guide to Antibiotics and MDMA

Vottnest said:
this really is a great thread. does anyone else have any experience on tetracycline combined with mdma? and combined with other kinds of drugs?
thanks

Hey,

I've used tetracycline with MDMA, Coke and Speed. Plus alcohol.

I would say that it made be roll harder than usual, so if you were going to mix them I'd do it cautiously.

When I took drugs with tetracycline I was a bit of a noob and was naive - I did think before doing it that I should perhaps do some research into the effects of mixing them but I didnt actually do it, just went ahead and partyed anyway. Just to point out as well, I wasnt really ill - as I wasnt taking the antibiotics for anything that bad, like a fever or something - I had a gum infection and it had pretty much cleared up by the time I rolled.

The night was kinda crazy and I dont remember it all too well (in a good way though!) but I do remember coming up pretty hard and having to go sit outside on my own for a short time while I got my head together but then I was fine. I personally dont mix it up anymore like I did that night (I think I consumed 3-4 pills, about 1/2g of coke, a couple of bombs of speed along with about 1/2 a bottle of vodka over about a 4 hour period) - prefer to simply stick to a couple of vodka and cokes to get me in the mood and then just use molly, tend to stop drinking alcohol as well once Ive started to feel the effects now.

I take 500mg of amoxicillin every night and I've noticed I cant roll anymore.
I dont hve a tolerance cause it was my first roll I've taken for 12 months.
I was told that amoxicillin was causing the MDMA to not break down right in my stomach, thus why I couldnt roll<
Would Railling MDMA for now on be a better idea?
(Goal being it wouldnt have to go to my stomach, avoiding the amoxicillin messing it up)

wondering if you can roll if you are taking a series of clindamycin, im supposed to take about 900 mg throught the day for a strep infection but i have an event that i would like to roll at in about 10 days, any help at all would be appreciated(as far as i know that is the chemical name for the drug)

Just this past Saturday I did E while I was on Amoxicillin for Tonsillitis. I had only taken my first dose of it on Tuesday.
I didn't take ANY Amoxicillin on Saturday or two of the doses on Friday just to be safe.
I started out with a half tab just to be safe and ended up rolling fine on the E, except at around 4:00 in the morning (I was still flying high as a kite!) my tonsillitis just started to drive me crazy. It hurt, everytime I swallowed I felt like I was going to gag - it was brutal. I took an Amoxicillin at that point (4am) and then continued taking it ever since.

I dont' know if it's just because I was on antibiotic but it's now Monday and I'm STILL feeling e-tarded, this usually only lasts for half a day to a day for me.
There was definitely a lot of speed/meth in the E that we took because everyone who took it just could not sleep - everyone ended up staying up all night/day until they got home that night. BRUTAL!

I don't know if I'd really recommend doing it while you're on amoxicillin to be honest, my throat was really hurting the next day even though I felt fine while I was rolling. I've definitely prolonged the healing of my tonsillitis so I have yet to really decide if I feel it was worth it.

Play safe!

princess.jessa said:
wondering if anyone has had an experience with Phenoxymethylpenicillin also called Abbocillin VK.... :)

Rolled quite hard on it and had a great time, however, the tonsilitus that it was for got worse and I ended up in hospital with that and glandular fever.

Won't kill the roll but be carefull with how sick you really are.

P.s I don't condone the use of ecstasy with any antibiotic or any other drug for that matter.
However I do it and have no authority to stop you doing it also.
Be safe.

Im on biaxin XL for my stomach and I was wondering if it would be safe to take ecstasy with that or should I skip a day of antibiotics to be safe?

LoganDezzy said:
Im on biaxin XL for my stomach and I was wondering if it would be safe to take ecstasy with that or should I skip a day of antibiotics to be safe?

Clarithromycin Extended Release? (Biaxin XL's generic name). Skipping a day wouldn't do much.

It's not recommended. As it states in the FAQ:

Handy-dandy FAQ said:
The following antibiotics have the potential to be dangerous, because they inhibit one of the enzymes (CYP34A) that breaks down MDMA. Thus, you should be cautious (consider taking a 1/2 dose of MDMA) if you are taking one of these antibiotics. Antibiotics with a (*) indicate that people have rolled on this antibiotic safely -- though it is still recommended that you be careful with these.

amoxicillin *
clarithromycin (BIAXIN)
doxycycline (common acne med) *
erythromycin
ketoconazole
lansoprazole
primaquine
tetracycline*
troleandomycin

EDIT: Plus, if you're on it for your stomach, I wouldn't recommend taking ecstasy orally. (Vomiting, possible acute worsening of whatever stomach condition got you on that antibiotic in the first place) If you can stand to, plug the pill. There's an FAQ for it somewhere here.....

Last edited:
I'm currently taking trimethoprim (brand name is Septra DS.) I'll finish the regimen on Wednesday, and I intend to roll Saturday night. Anyone have any experience with this particular antibiotic? Should I be okay, since there are a few days in between? It's for a urinary tract infection, not a flu-like condition like strep or a sinus infection, so I'm not concerned too much about exasperating the illness...

An answer before, say, Wednesday would be nice :]

Last edited:
Hi,

As you can see it's my first post here.:)
I've done some research on the forum and have concluded that amoxicilline isn't the best combination with mdma.
I'm going to a party next saturday and was planning on taking 250mg of md, but I'm taking amoxicilline just for a minor infection (my wisdom teeth are killing me). So I've stopped taking it today hoping that it wouldn't ruin me.

My question being: Does anyone have experience with this and do you recommend another dose (I've never took more than 120mg)?

Hi,

Hoping for some help? I am taking the antibiotic Oxytetracycline for acne and hoping to take ecstasy on Saturday night, does anyone know whether this is safe or should I not do it?

Many thanks in advance.

hello all i have been prescribed antibiotics ..i am planning to roll before i go on them..should i just wait an extra day before starting them after rolling thanks appreciate all input
Olskool

mdma...

i am currently taking Acyclovir 800 mg for herpes zoster but tomorrow my friends want to roll.

can i mix them?

mdma while on roxithromycin

is it safe to take ecstasy while on the antibiotic roxithromycin, as this antibioic is not on the original list

Halfway through a 875mg Amoxcillian 125mg Clavulanic Acid course and rolled on Friday night without reading on interactions with x.

Anyway about 50 minutes into my roll I needed to sit feeling very blurry, dizzy and unwell, stomach felt very very acidic, ended up vomiting and feeling very crap, looking very pale for the next 2 hours or so. At last that passed and I was able to get back into it very strongly without redosing for the last 2 hours or so.

Wouldn't do it again on antibiotics.

Erythromycin stearate

I'm currently taking the antibiotic Erythromycin stearate for my acne, and I want to take MDMA on friday
its thursday now... if i dont take my antibiotics for today and tomorrow, should i be ok to take MDMA on friday night?
xx

no problems with erythromycin with:
-cannabis
-cocaine
-ritalin

i was recently given a tetanus shot and was prescribed augmentin for 10 days. would be ok for me to roll? would there be any adverse reactions when its mixed? anyone with experience on this? thanks

Erythromycin and MDMA

Alright, I just purposely created an account just to let people know what it's like taking ecstasy while on erythromycin, because I couldn't find an answer anywhere so I tried it without knowing.

I'm taking 333mg of erythromycin for a cut that became infected near my eye (it's fine now). Me and a few of my friends took 2 bombs each and after about an hour they kicked in, hard.

I didn't experience any problems at all during it's peek. It was actually the most fun I had in a long time. You'll just sweat a good bit (it's normal) and probably breathe heavier.

The thing is the comedown. It was TERRIBLE. Here's a few things that happened to me:

- body temperature fluctuations (pretty hot for the most part)
- lots of sweat
- inability to concentrate/focus
- very light headed when standing up
- upset stomach (feels like you want to puke after every bit of liquid you drink)
- harder to urinate
- incredibly fast heartbeat
- weird breathing patterns
- numbness in face (still can't feel my face at all, especially mouth)
- very small hallucinations
- really slow movements/motor skills

I felt like absolutely crap. I couldn't sleep at all either. Before I took the pills, I was worried what was going to happen, I didn't want to end up in the hospital or anything like that. The key thing is not to freak yourself out, don't convince yourself that bad things are going to happen. Focus on the positive side.

For those of you still trying to decide whether to do it or not while on erythromycin, I'd suggest to do it. Obviously, do this at your own risk and do whatever you feel is right. Hope this helps some of you out.

I just started taking Clavamel Forte which contain amoxicillin for an ear infection but i plan on going nuts on friday for a friends birthday. Think its ok to roll?