• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Combining Ritalin and Adderall--Neuropharmacology

^Agreed, though at the dose I was doing and ROA it would have been very odd indeed were it otherwise. Glad I put that shit down when I did.

Yes you can mix it, but I would only use the Ritalin as a booster for the Adderall, and not try to get them to peak at the same time.....Ritalin being the stronger reuptake inhibitor of dopamine and Adderall being both the releaser of dopamine as well as the uptake inhibitor of both dopamine and norepinephrine, Ritalin could further reduce your bodys ability to break down the excess dopamine released by the Adderall.....It could be a recipe for overdose or toxicity if you use them at the peak of Adderall, but seem to be safe enough if you use it at the tail end of Adderall to prolong its effects.....In fact, some people are medically prescribed the combo of Ritalin and Amphetamine (Such as Adderall) safely.....Keep in mind that even a "regular" dose for an ADHD patient can be a huge dose for a noob and you dont necessarily need 'more' to get the desired effect. You can always add more later. Taking away requires an ambulance ride.

I am not using these recreationally or to substitute for an amphetamine addiction, but....I was recently prescribed Adderall XR 30mg, which is the same mg/day I had been taking of Ritalin which did nothing to improve my overall energy levels. I had 15mg of Ritalin in my system from the morning, then tried the Adderall as soon as I got it on the same day. I had no problems at all. It was fine.

For fatigue and narcolepsy Adderall works better. A lot better. A whole lot better. My dopamine is already depleted from a long term course of pain medication and I am in the tapering process. Ritalin is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor and I have low dopamine.....so it did very little for me. With Adderall its a weak reuptake inhibitor but a stronger releaser as well of dopamine. That is why Adderall will continue to work despite dopamine or adrenal fatigue better than ritalin or caffeine will.

I know this is an old thread, but I found it and the info was relevant for myself (before I decided to take it). What I am posting might be relevant to somebody else who needs this info.

Unless you take a high enough dose of each to saturate the DAT/NET you'll get a additive response, MPH will reduce the maximal effect of amphetamine however by preventing its uptake via DAT/NET. So unless you're on a massive dose you'll get a additive response, and if you're on the maximum dose... call a doctor...

Hope this clarifies

You know I was wondering why anyone world want to combine amphetamine with methylphenidate...
If you talk to your doctor like you aren't trying to get over on him, he'll probably blow your hat off. I told him that I was too edgy from the 20mg ir Adderall and that I couldn't sleep at night (I admit I was trying to get dexedrine) so I asked if we could try another protocol.
So he asked if I ever had Temazepam. I quickly said yes and he wrote me script for that, and then he asked if I would be willing to try Ritalin, I said but I have been on a high dose of Adderall for a long time. And he was like let's try 20mg ir twice a day. Hey taking that with the Temazepam and the clonazepam he has me on along with the 115mg methadone from the clinic, it's not a bad feeling I'm glad to take a break from the amphetamine!
Give it a try talk to the doc

You can mix them but it brings you nothing. They are on par when it comes to quality of the high, only difference is that Amphetamine is more potent.

When I tried to mix them I got a weird state in which I'd just stare into the void for minutes, then realizing what I did and not really knowing what I wanted to do.. it was weird, like they worked each against the other and caused somewhat like an unique neuroleptic condition. It's a waste of drugs to combine releasers + reuptake inhibitors (weirdly did some 5-MAPB recently work as intended even when I am on 40mg/d fluoxetine which should occupy 90+% of the SERTs_