• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The Big & Dandy Psychedelics of the Future Thread

2CAM is 2CE with an extra -CH2CH2CH3 on the "E"/ethyl.
2CAM is also DOAM without the alpha methyl group.
DOAM is active with as little as 10mg.
2CAM would require slightly larger dosages.

Really? That's extraordinary. DOAM is in PIHKAL and said to be inactive.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal061.shtml

The lower homologue (DOBU) and its isomers are inactive, and all the animal data on DOAM I have seen shows it down in potency by more than an order of magnitude from DOM. From what I know, all alkyl groups larger than 3 carbons turn inactive, with the exception of the 2C-T/ALEPH family.

How do you know of DOAM's activity?

If you read a hardcopy of pihkal, you will see that it is active but not on a mg to mg comparison as active as DOB, and that's what lost Shulgin's interest.

This won't be the first time I have been proved right.

I've got the hardcover, but do not recall anything in the first part of the book specifically about DOAM. Can you give any details as to what kind of activity there is, and any conclusions as to why this is active, but the butyl homologues are not?

If you get the whole book, you will see that the DOAM is friendly but DOBU is a miserable stimulant that takes 4 hours to hit. They each have their own complete entries.

Incidentally, amyl things tend to smell really good while butyl things stink to high heaven.

I've got the whole book. The entry for DOAM is the same online as in the text. It shows DOAM being inactive @ 10mg. So that is what leaves me confused. And again, do you have any particular details about DOAM's activity that you can share? Since PIHKAL says DOAM is inactive @ 10mg, and you say it is active @ 10mg, I'd be grateful to know what details you are able to provide. Thank you.

Also, in the 2C-T-9 (or is it 17, it is one of the butyl ones) he says butyl compounds smell sweet. ANd I know the gase butane is not offensive.

Maybe I have an earlier edition.

Mine says that there was "a strange tenseness during driving" which developed into "an intoxication that in no way interefered with my day's activities" and that this person was "very gay and voluble during lunch" but that "since DOAM's activity [at 10mg] was way down from the lower homologues I feel no pressing need to take it higher or to explore higher homologues."

If you can't find these phrases in your edition, then we aren't talking about the same book or you aren't reading the whole thing.

Smell also amyl alcohol versus butryic acid.

Helios. said:

Smell also amyl alcohol versus butryic acid.

or valeric acid versus butyl alcohol. theory rebuffed.

Helios. said:

Mine says that there was "a strange tenseness during driving" which developed into "an intoxication that in no way interefered with my day's activities" and that this person was "very gay and voluble during lunch" but that "since DOAM's activity [at 10mg] was way down from the lower homologues I feel no pressing need to take it higher or to explore higher homologues."

If you can't find these phrases in your edition, then we aren't talking about the same book or you aren't reading the whole thing.
You don't have a different edition. The same exact text appears in my copy which was only purchased about five years ago.

Mine says that as well, but you came off as though you had first hand knowledge (beyond PIHKAL) of DOAM's activity...and now you have since erased your post.

You even went so far, as to state that DOAM was active @10mg...when clearly 10mg is not even close to being a psychedelic dosage.

Your comments were very misleading to me because I asked you three times to answer if you knew anything about DOAM beyond PIHKAL (since you made the statement that it was active @10mg, when PIHKAL and animal studys show it isn't) and instead of simply answering the question, you kept directing me to read the entry that clearly says DOAM is not an active psychedelic @10mg...as you first seemed to maintain. Why the run around?

I like to get excited about some of these compounds that on the suface seem like a waste of time (like the 2C-O series, and 2C-IP) but please don't mislead others and act as though you have first hand knowledge of something you don't....then turn around and erase your post and try to pretend that you never made the comments. Credibility is important here.

2C-AM would require slightly larger dose

uhh, many of the 2Cs require 10X the dose to produce the effects of their amphetamine homologues. DOAM is probably inactive as a psychedelic, the 2 carbon would more than likely have to be taken to several hundred milligrams to get activity out of it (look at 2C-F, 2C-N, 2C-IP, etc.) Please try to avoid confusing wishful thinking with known facts.

Only with the 2C-Ts do we see groups bigger than propyl maintain their activity.

Last edited:
You keep forgetting that I do have magical powers which include not thinking like other people. I come to conclusions using sets of disparate truths from various disciplines and pharmacophores along with anecdotal evidence to arrive at some to you outrageous claim. And I didn't erase that post.

CHANGING SUBJECT

Clever new rc suggestions for 2007 and beyond: 3-MeO-Methamphetamine HCl.

You keep forgetting that I do have magical powers which include not thinking like other people. I come to conclusions using sets of disparate truths from various disciplines and pharmacophores along with anecdotal evidence to arrive at some to you outrageous claim. And I didn't erase that post.

I assume this is (again) your theory about DOAM and the CB1 receptor? As I've mentioned before, just because someghing has an n-pentyl chain attached, like that of THC, does not mean that it is gong to be an agonist at the CB1 receptor

This won't be the first time I have been proved right.

Eg.? I don't think the THC activity of DOAM posts count...

How about the time at the hive that I first proposed long long ago
2-benzylpiperidine and was scoffed at?

How about the time at the hive long long ago that I suggested 2CE be sold as a research chemical?

Helios. said:
How about the time at the hive that I first proposed long long ago
2-benzylpiperidine and was scoffed at?

How about the time at the hive long long ago that I suggested 2CE be sold as a research chemical?

Re the THC/DOAM thing....not to be mean Helios, but many cannabinoids have shorter, and some analogues with longer alkyl chains, as well as shorter, and are stronger than THC. So a 5 carbon chain on a cannabinoid is not ideal. That theory is silly.

And I knew in 1994 that 2C-E would be a gem. :p

Animal tests show DOAM to be inactive. It is a dead-end, as is 2C-AM.

Ok, I surrender DOAM/2CAM, let's move on.
You couldn't add it up if you mastered addition.

3-MeO-methamphetamine anyone?

Last edited:
Guys, please, no one likes a know it all! :p

There's too much bickering going on in this thread. Don't make me turn this car around! :X

anything that is said to be an important TRYPTAMINE, needs to be re-synthesized so those dialogues will and can make it harder for the FDA or the system in general to rid of them.

Maybe even something developed which would influence a natural release of DMT in the brain; such as how MDMA works with serotonin, but instead drug "X" with DMT. Obviously if this technology can be developed, the result would not only be the impossibility of the goverment being able to ban this or many future drugs developed under the same technology but obviously would be a pretty serious scientific jump in drug history making way for countless possibilities.

Last edited:
little more than that, believe me u dont want to get into it all. i tried that sort of shit with verry bad results. synth in brain =baddd ...