View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The Big & Dandy Psychedelics of the Future Thread

3-(2-chlorophenyl)-3-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone

Ketamine analog - I've been told it has very similar effects as Ketamine and is about 4 times as potent by weight.

- Ketamine is 3-(2-chlorophenyl)-3-(methylamino)cyclohexanone -

Attachments

• n-ethyl ketamine.gif
    n-ethyl ketamine.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 86
Jaw Clenching said:

Ketamine analog - I've been told it has very similar effects as Ketamine and is about 4 times as potent by weight.

- Ketamine is 3-(2-chlorophenyl)-3-(methylamino)cyclohexanone -

Ketamine is 2-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone

The info about increased potency applies to 2-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone, which is only 2x the potency of ketamine; for the 4x potency analogue you need to lose the 2-chloro group from the phenyl ring. From what I've read the compound you mention has little to no dissociative activity (dissociative activity is confined to the keto group being ay the 2 or 4 position on the cyclohexyl ring)

To maintain potency while still having good analgesic activity you could always replace the 2-chloro substitution with a 3-methoxy group. This gives 2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone, which produces a ketamine like drug with mu agonist activity somewhere between codeine & morphine.

fastandbulbous said:
Ketamine is 2-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone

The info about increased potency applies to 2-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone, which is only 2x the potency of ketamine; for the 4x potency analogue you need to lose the 2-chloro group from the phenyl ring. From what I've read the compound you mention has little to no dissociative activity (dissociative activity is confined to the keto group being ay the 2 or 4 position on the cyclohexyl ring)

To maintain potency while still having good analgesic activity you could always replace the 2-chloro substitution with a 3-methoxy group. This gives 2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone, which produces a ketamine like drug with mu agonist activity somewhere between codeine & morphine.

yep. sorry, you're correct. i knew i should have looked all that info up again before posting!

PC35107.gif

What do you think good modifications would be on this chem? mCPP

twoci said:
FAB, care to throw in any suggestions as to what is so prohibitive about this synth?

the current commercial synthesis requires anhydroecognine which in turn requires cocaine, which in turn requires.....etc all the way back to a colombian peasant farmer.

Without wanting to go into specifics of synthesis (which is verboten), isn't it possible to start with tropinone, add 4-flourophenyl via a grignard, dehydrate then carry out an addition reaction with HBr in the presence of peroxide to give anti-Markovnikov addition? At that stage you have the aryl group at the 3 position and a bromine at the 2 position from which it's not that difficult to see how to add a carboxyl group to the 2 position...

Besides that, why not just go for the 3-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-hydroxytropane as it's supposed to be something like 60x the potency of cocaine

fastandbulbous said:
Besides that, why not just go for the 3-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-hydroxytropane as it's supposed to be something like 60x the potency of cocaine
Any reference for this?

Besides, I bet that the new RC which make it to the market in the future never get mentioned here. It's top secret amongst those are capable of producing them.

Just basic organic chem that I remembered. There may be a practical problem with that method, but I can't see one to be honest.

Ah, just realized you were referring to the 2-hydroxy-3-aryltropane. It's from the series of monographs tit;ed 'The Alkaloids'; can't be more specific than that as it's a 20 year old memory!

Last edited:
fastandbulbous said:
Without wanting to go into specifics of synthesis (which is verboten), isn't it possible to start with tropinone, add 4-flourophenyl via a grignard, dehydrate then carry out an addition reaction with HBr in the presence of peroxide to give anti-Markovnikov addition? At that stage you have the aryl group at the 3 position and a bromine at the 2 position from which it's not that difficult to see how to add a carboxyl group to the 2 position...

adding the phenyl grignard, then dehydrating the tertiary alcohol gives both possible alkenes, ie the 2-3 alkene and the 3-4 alkene. therefore two isomers at that stage, gives two possible bromo derivatives, 2 bromo and 4 bromo, conversion of the bromo to carboxyl then give the potential for two further isomers, endo and exo carboxyl. (alpha and beta) t least addition of the phenygrignard attacks from the right side otherwise there would be 8 isomers formed.
the issue is tropinone is symetrical and unless chiral auxilaries are used to direct the reaction it will lead to a multitude of isomers. The chemistry is available to do this starting from tropinone but it is non-obvious.

hence the commercial syntheisis using anhydroecognine from natural cocaine which is already chiral.

Here's what got me wondering about 6-fluoro-5-meo-dmt. Sorry it's in txt format, PDF wasn't working right on the computer I was using at school. Any critique by those with knowedge of pharmacology is appreciated.

Attachments

• Fluorination of tryptamines.txt
    66.1 KB · Views: 276
^ Buspirone (a.k.a. Shit-In-A-Pill) is supposedly 5HT1a agonist.

Not sure how helpful this tidbit is, though it makes me less excited.

Just to be sure, RC doesn't stand for Psychedelic only? There must be other kinds of chemical that can be created. (I never did any RC nor have much knowledge about them, read a bit about trypamine/phenyntaline but I have no idea if they are all pretty similar or not.

it means reaserch chemial its prity much all the stuff they havnt dont alot of testing on. alot of the ones were talkin about are actualy tryptamines and phenethylamines

Oddeye said:
Just to be sure, RC doesn't stand for Psychedelic only? There must be other kinds of chemical that can be created. (I never did any RC nor have much knowledge about them, read a bit about trypamine/phenyntaline but I have no idea if they are all pretty similar or not.

RC is a cola.

Research chemicals can be of any make, model, and year. Some may be psychedelic, but most are not even psychoactive. A research chemical is quite simply a chemical used in research. However, people are often prone to using slang and "RC" has come to mean a psychedelic "chemical' other than LSD. It is a pretty dumb and misleading term.

Indeed it is, and I hesitated to name this thread what it is titled... I only did so in keeping with tradition from the last two years... :\

Anybody have any ideas on these?

a2007rcsyx7.gif

1a/1b: contain negative charge in the beta position (green), and alpha carbon is occupied (yellow) (to stop MAO degradation).

2: beta-MeO, except the alpha carbon is occupied, i assume this compound would be too unstable with all the strain on the 3-membered ring?

3: A 2C-B analogue of 2-aminotetralin, except it's more planar, so should have a higher affinity for 5-HT2a?

4: Just a beta-methoxy, but it joins up with the methoxy group on the 2nd carbon on the ring, might be interesting?

5a/5b: MBDB / a-ET, except the ethyl on the alpha carbon is a vinyl group, any ideas on these two for empathogen-entactogens?

compound 1 the amino is an aromatic amino and therefore unlikely to be a good H bond donor at physiological pH. suspect that both 1 and 2 will interact better with receptor systems other than 5ht.
compound 3 is a 2-naphthylamine and therefore probably causes bladder cancer
compound 4 has the oxygen lone pair at the 5 position pointing the wrong way and is therefore unlikely to be a 5ht2a agonist.

5a and 5b.. the related plain amphetamine is a stimulant but very low potency these may be active

vecktor said:
compound 4 has the oxygen lone pair at the 5 position pointing the wrong way and is therefore unlikely to be a 5ht2a agonist.

I don't see how. The 5-MeO is the same as it would be with 2C-B.

Last edited: