• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

60mg Adderall (first) - The Highest I Have Ever Been - Thought I was going to die.

Hey, don't you love that feeling though when your sitting and you zone out and your mind warms and its a weird pleasurable throbbing sensation, ahh man, I love that. Ritalin / Adderal are up there, next to coke.

DarkCode said:
Hey, don't you love that feeling though when your sitting and you zone out and your mind warms and its a weird pleasurable throbbing sensation, ahh man, I love that. Ritalin / Adderal are up there, next to coke.
Yeah, the experience was ok after the first two hours when I finally stopped coming up and realized that maybe I was overreacting.

Coming down wasnt really fun and wasnt worth the euphoria.

I shouldn't have jumped to 60mg even though to some people that really isn't that high of a dose.

It is a dangerous drug though, it's a combination of 4 different amphetamines. Some people get an idea in their head (i was one of them) that it is a weak drug that is prescribed for a disorders like ADD and somehow that makes it less powerful than an illegal drug like big bad cocaine.

I am almost pretty sure though that as the media attention grows on adderall and other uppers it will be illegalized and added to people's lists of "big bad drugs"

Last edited:
SpunkySkunk347 said:
Yeah, the experience was ok after the first two hours when I finally stopped coming up and realized that maybe I was overreacting.

Coming down wasnt really fun and wasnt worth the euphoria.

I shouldn't have jumped to 60mg even though to some people that really isn't that high of a dose.

It is a dangerous drug though, it's a combination of 4 different amphetamines. Some people get an idea in their head (i was one of them) that it is a weak drug that is prescribed for a disorders like ADD and somehow that makes it less powerful than an illegal drug like big bad cocaine.

I am almost pretty sure though that as the media attention grows on adderall and other uppers it will be illegalized and added to people's lists of "big bad drugs"

Media attention? What media attention? I don't see any negative media things running about the drug. Pharmaceutical companies make too much money off this thing, the fact its one of the most prescribed ADHD treatments next to Ritalin, ect, is showing something.

Btw, you shouldn't just quit drugs in general from one experience. I know your gonna be responding back, "but hey, its my choice, just realized something in myself", well think of it this way. If you were into experimentation before, your gonna be into it in the future, expect to within a month, if that, but maybe more, you'll be back into doing the same old stuff. Sometimes taking too much of something can scare someone, but not necessarily take them away from something completely. I mean, I may have OD'd on ecstasy once, and I tell all my friends I won't touch it, but when it comes down to it, I'm craving (not physically), just to try it again, its a fun drug, just really "toxic" so to speak, to your body. Causes the deterioration of your brain function.

Btw, when you mentioned that the drugs that are illegal are illegal because of the risks they may pose to your health. Well, all I gotta say is, thats the smallest part to the basis for their reasoning. The DEA looks to ban new drugs not because of health reasons but because of politics. They ban substances people are using in good numbers, no matter if its legal or not, just so that they can say to the American people "we are fighting a war on drugs and shall continue to do so". Remember, the original bannings back in the turn of the 20th century, well, Cocaine, Heroin, Morphine, ect, all used to be very legal, and very heavily used. But because of problems with women being addicted to heroin / morphine, gringo's smoking marijuana, blacks doing coke to stay up at night, all the drugs got banned to win votes in the next election. Progressives ended up seeing physical abuse against women as a direct result of alcohol, but it isn't, thats why prohibition was reversed. You need to understand, theres the few that abuse, and for everyone else thats responsible, there fine. Sure body chemistry may change over time in some ways, but that chemical difference isn't always as significant as you think. Don't say because a few people overdosed drugs are bad. You can overdose from anything, water, even sugar. Nuff said.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you had a panic attack with only so much, but I guess it happens! I've never flipped out on stimulants, but plenty of other things.

That is a very good report there. I too have taken a 60mg dose of adderall and the euphoria was awesome, but the comedown just sucks and forget trying to go to sleep.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
But the problem is that some people who do drugs during their teenage years dont ever really mature past that point.

It's also good to see a little bit of support and a post that wasnt offensive or not intentionally offensive.

Xorkoth is a good man, and tends to undertsand where people are coming from. Others here probably got offended that you were telling them what to think. Obviously you took too much. But, in the scheme of things it wasnt that much. Perhaps is was the age old set and setting. You were at school with adults who are responsible for your safety. The fact is, if you wanted to truly use amphetamine to be better at school you would have taken 20-30mgs. But you obviously had another adgenda.

I was this way when I was a teenager, and I firmly believe what you said. Many people who take drugs too early dont mature past that point. I dont know whay but is a clear trend. I think what helped me was the love I found in chemistry. I never would have found it if not for drugs. Also my fiance, whom I never would be engaged to if not for my past occupation.

I do, however, pretty much guantee that after this episode has subsided in your mind you may feel the urge to try drugs again. If not that excellent for you, and Im glad you learned something. If you do decide to experiemnt more, you should me much more mature about it, and learn your lessons. This board is here for this very reason, drugs are dangerous and people need help making decisions about their use. Calling every one her junkies was wrong. Is Xorkoth a junkie? Hey may like is kratom tea, but that dont make him a junkie. What about Fastandbulbous? He's one of the smartest people Ive ever talked to. Smyth, Dr. Heckyl, these are all brilliant people who help others make sound decisions. And I cant forget Church, my Florida compadre :). So I suggest to you you take what you want out of this and be glad it wasnt really that bad. 60mgs is not too much, but Set and setting, I believe played its roll here. You go an Idea stuck in your mind and it escalated to panic.

Be smart, and take this as a life lesson on growing up, thats all. Sorry if I suck at typing but Ive got to get back to my Calculus test study extravaganza :)

Spunkyskunk said:
Yeah no offence taken I totally understand what you are saying and agree with you.
But the problem is that some people who do drugs during their teenage years dont ever really mature past that point.

That's definitely one of the biggest problems involving drugs that I can see in the world today. Although I started using drugs when I was 17 (weed anyway), I think it would have been even better to wait until I was more mature. I have known so many people who started smoking, doing acid, and so forth when they were as shockingly young as 12 or 13. Shit, I know a kid who started getting high at 8 years old! I just can't fathom that. I mean, I most definitely noticed a shift in the way in which my brain continued to develop after I started using drugs. It wasn't a stupefying effect or anything, just a shift that is hard to describe but that I seriously doubt could be beneficial to a developing child.

And don't take the blind insults others (not everyone, but some) here have been throwing at you. Oftentimes people who are mentally young feel the need to put down others who have views that threaten their own. They often do this without realizing that that is what they're doing, so don't hold it against them too badly :)

DarkCode said:
Media attention? What media attention? I don't see any negative media things running about the drug. Pharmaceutical companies make too much money off this thing, the fact its one of the most prescribed ADHD treatments next to Ritalin, ect, is showing something.

Btw, you shouldn't just quit drugs in general from one experience. I know your gonna be responding back, "but hey, its my choice, just realized something in myself", well think of it this way. If you were into experimentation before, your gonna be into it in the future, expect to within a month, if that, but maybe more, you'll be back into doing the same old stuff. Sometimes taking too much of something can scare someone, but not necessarily take them away from something completely. I mean, I may have OD'd on ecstasy once, and I tell all my friends I won't touch it, but when it comes down to it, I'm craving (not physically), just to try it again, its a fun drug, just really "toxic" so to speak, to your body. Causes the deterioration of your brain function.

Btw, when you mentioned that the drugs that are illegal are illegal because of the risks they may pose to your health. Well, all I gotta say is, thats the smallest part to the basis for their reasoning. The DEA looks to ban new drugs not because of health reasons but because of politics. They ban substances people are using in good numbers, no matter if its legal or not, just so that they can say to the American people "we are fighting a war on drugs and shall continue to do so". Remember, the original bannings back in the turn of the 20th century, well, Cocaine, Heroin, Morphine, ect, all used to be very legal, and very heavily used. But because of problems with women being addicted to heroin / morphine, gringo's smoking marijuana, blacks doing coke to stay up at night, all the drugs got banned to win votes in the next election. Progressives ended up seeing physical abuse against women as a direct result of alcohol, but it isn't, thats why prohibition was reversed. You need to understand, theres the few that abuse, and for everyone else thats responsible, there fine. Sure body chemistry may change over time in some ways, but that chemical difference isn't always as significant as you think. Don't say because a few people overdosed drugs are bad. You can overdose from anything, water, even sugar. Nuff said.

What media attention you ask??? I see more news reports about people abusing prescription adhd drugs as study aids than I see news reports about cocaine related stories. Look around a little more, or do a Google search for some articles. The media attention is there.

I don't think people quite get the fact that I am not doing drugs anymore. Like I said using psychadelics under a controlled environment is the only thing I will ever consider doing again. It's not that I am scared of drugs at all. The only things I would be scared of is becoming addicted, getting caught, or getting a laced batch. I was only scared during this adderall experience, not before or after it. It was only paranoia that made me scared. The reason I'm not doing drugs isn't our of fear, I just simply have lost all desire to continue to use them because the consequences (hangover, schizophrenia, brain damage) arent going to be worth it later in life.

When I mentioned why I think drugs are illegal, I never disagreed with you. I even mentioned that a lot of the drug laws are biased. But still the very core reason why I think they are illegal is for health reasons. Even though some of it may be government scandals.

What do you mean the body chemistry doesnt change that much? Eventually your body becomes used to the dopamine release of drugs and sooner or later you will need drugs just for your dopamine levels to be stable. Not to mention all the dehydration you go through with stimulants, your body needs water for nearly every process and a lack of water is going to make certain proccesses not work properly and your body isn't going to be able to produce enough of certain hormones. People on uppers will not feel hungry and will eat less, another thing that can dramatically change the chemical levels in your body. High blood pressure, constipation, vomitting, sweating, fever, muscle spasms, insomnia, diahrea, and infection (from scratching and needles) are all side effects from various drugs that I can guarentee you aren't too good for your metabolism.

BTW: The arguement "You can overdose on anything" is an overused argument for people who don't have much to say or dont have anything to back up their opinions. You know damn well that overdosing on drugs is different from overdosing on water. Unless you are trying to drown yourself or inhale water or unless you drink 3 gallons of water in a short amount of time, it is pretty hard to overdose on water. Yes there is a disorder when the body has too much water in it's system, but this is a disorder with just too much water in the system not an overdose.

Beenhead said:
I do, however, pretty much guantee that after this episode has subsided in your mind you may feel the urge to try drugs again. If not that excellent for you, and Im glad you learned something. If you do decide to experiemnt more, you should me much more mature about it, and learn your lessons. This board is here for this very reason, drugs are dangerous and people need help making decisions about their use. Calling every one her junkies was wrong. Is Xorkoth a junkie? Hey may like is kratom tea, but that dont make him a junkie. What about Fastandbulbous? He's one of the smartest people Ive ever talked to. Smyth, Dr. Heckyl, these are all brilliant people who help others make sound decisions. And I cant forget Church, my Florida compadre :). So I suggest to you you take what you want out of this and be glad it wasnt really that bad. 60mgs is not too much, but Set and setting, I believe played its roll here. You go an Idea stuck in your mind and it escalated to panic.

Normally I am one of the most mature people I know when it comes to drug use. Even more than my own dad, from on occasions I have had to stop him from doing things like when he thought that it might be fun to take 8 sleeping pills after being up for 3 days drinking already.

Normally I NEVER do psychadelics without a sitter, and I never start off in high doses. This time was the only exception because well, I told my friend that I needed to be able to pay attention in school for monday because I had to take a test. So my friend let me take 3 of his adderall pills. He said "3 will help you study." Unfortunately what this idiot didnt tell me was that 3 was too much for me and his doctor had slowly been raising his dosage over an 8 year period due to tolerance reasons. I thought in my mind that it was just two "study helpers" (as some people call them) and nothing bad is going to happen other than I am going to get a little extra energy. That is why I panicked when all of a sudden they come into effect harder than I ever expected them to and I keep wondering when I am going to stop coming up. I think any person who took some pills thinking they wouldnt do shit but ends up tripping balls would atleast have a minor freak out.

Last edited:
SpunkySkunk347 said:
It's not that I am scared of drugs at all. ...or getting a laced batch.

It's statements like that which make people think you are a misinformed drug user. Of course, you could be referring to "ecstacy" which is a different chemical from MDMA, but that is why smart drug users test their drugs...

SpunkySkunk347 said:
When I mentioned why I think drugs are illegal, I never disagreed with you. I even mentioned that a lot of the drug laws are biased. But still the very core reason why I think they are illegal is for health reasons. Even though some of it may be government scandals.

I may be mistaken, but did you not previously say that you wanted drugs to be legalized....
SpunkySkunk347 said:
I am for legalization for drugs and everything else.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
What do you mean the body chemistry doesnt change that much? Eventually your body becomes used to the dopamine release of drugs and sooner or later you will need drugs just for your dopamine levels to be stable.

You should also know, if you're so well informed, that not all drugs effect dopamine, or if you somehow thought that dopamine could be used to describe the thousands of neurotransmitters in the brain, that not all drugs are addictive, and with a good drug user's sense of moderation, that even classically "severely addictive" drugs can be used without ending in problems...

SpunkySkunk347 said:
It is a dangerous drug though, it's a combination of 4 different amphetamines. "

If you are going to save the world, at least know what in the heck you are talking about. Clearly when it comes to salts and isomers of amphetamine, you don't.

Adderall has 2 different salts of 2 different isomers of amphetamine. It does not have "4 different amphetamines." 1-phenylpropan-2-amine is 1-phenylpropan-2-amine, regardless of what salt or isomer. Sorry, pet peeve of mine. :)

I'm going to leave the rest alone because much as already been said...but I have to echo that drugs are not good or bad. They are chemicals with no intentions.

It is the users decisions that are either good or bad...not the drug.

Anyone who makes blanket statements (all drugs are bad and all users will eventually find their doom) such as yours should re-evaluate their views because nothing is black and white. To even lump such diverse things as crack with LSD shows you have not taken much time to make reasonable arguments to back your feelings. I know you stated you have LSD experience, but you still made those blanket statements that do not hold water in every situation.

Your experience is not representative of everyone's. As the old statement goes, your mileage may vary.

lol.

at first i thought, damn this kid mighta really had a bad reaction to this adderall.

but then after i saw how much u damn wrote in your journal, i jus had to laugh. u woudnt have been able to write al that shit down if you werent on adderall.
it seems to me, u had the high to the point to where u didnt know how to handle it so started writin shit down, when in fact thats what its meant to do in the first place. make u focus on stuff.

lol. thats funny. but sorry anyways u didnt have a good time. i know plently of people who take what u took and then some like its nothin. persoanlly i woudnt ever do that much, since i hate the following days i have to go through such as slight depression, or really just a very short temper. seems like everything bothers me and gets on my nerves the few days after adderall.

60's the perfect dose. I find anything lower to be weak, and anything higher to make my heart throb. I take 60 all the time, nothing beats how long it lasts and how good you feel. It makes school go by so fast you have trouble remembering just what you did with your whole day. Your drug of choice really explains why your report is so long and detailed.

Can you devlop a tolerence for adderall?

SpunkySkunk347 said:
I think any person who took some pills thinking they wouldnt do shit but ends up tripping balls would atleast have a minor freak out.

Well, you looked at Erowid and saw that 30mgs was a normal dose with good euphoria. I dont think that by taking twice Erowid's reccomendation for a beginner
you thought that "nothing" would happen. Im not trying to be an asshole, because I beilieve you have learned your lesson, and are nothing like some of the dumb kids who do stupid shit and brag about it here. But, Erowid doesnt just put random bullshit on their page so wont get a buzz. It just really showed youre inexperience and that "invincible nature" teenagers have. Next time, I suggest you listen to Erowid, that was a foolish mistake.

Im glad, though, that there are kids like you who actually learn from their mistakes. Believe me, there are plenty of dumbasses here that have made worse mistakes than you, and didnt learn a thing. If anything this will make you more mature, hopefully.

Beenhead said:
Well, you looked at Erowid and saw that 30mgs was a normal dose with good euphoria. I dont think that by taking twice Erowid's reccomendation for a beginner
you thought that "nothing" would happen. Im not trying to be an asshole, because I beilieve you have learned your lesson, and are nothing like some of the dumb kids who do stupid shit and brag about it here. But, Erowid doesnt just put random bullshit on their page so wont get a buzz. It just really showed youre inexperience and that "invincible nature" teenagers have. Next time, I suggest you listen to Erowid, that was a foolish mistake.

Im glad, though, that there are kids like you who actually learn from their mistakes. Believe me, there are plenty of dumbasses here that have made worse mistakes than you, and didnt learn a thing. If anything this will make you more mature, hopefully.
Well, a look at the adderall trip reports on erowid will reveal people going into the 100mg+ range and still being quite fine.

Also there are tons of examples on erowid where they say that something is "a common dose" but really its a very low dose. Like they say 100 morning glory seeds is a "common" dose but the truth is (for me anyways) that 100 doesn't do shit and I dont even get effects anymore until the 300 seed + range which is considered a "strong" dose.

And besides erowid said 35mg is a "good buzz" so i didnt expect less than twice that dose to be an overwhelming high.

morninggloryseed said:
If you are going to save the world, at least know what in the heck you are talking about. Clearly when it comes to salts and isomers of amphetamine, you don't.

Adderall has 2 different salts of 2 different isomers of amphetamine. It does not have "4 different amphetamines." 1-phenylpropan-2-amine is 1-phenylpropan-2-amine, regardless of what salt or isomer. Sorry, pet peeve of mine. :)

I'm going to leave the rest alone because much as already been said...but I have to echo that drugs are not good or bad. They are chemicals with no intentions.

It is the users decisions that are either good or bad...not the drug.

Anyone who makes blanket statements (all drugs are bad and all users will eventually find their doom) such as yours should re-evaluate their views because nothing is black and white. To even lump such diverse things as crack with LSD shows you have not taken much time to make reasonable arguments to back your feelings. I know you stated you have LSD experience, but you still made those blanket statements that do not hold water in every situation.

Your experience is not representative of everyone's. As the old statement goes, your mileage may vary.
Who ever said I was out to save the world? I'm just telling a story that has a lesson learned at the end but people have difficulties agreeing with parts of it.

Yes sorry about the chemistry mistake I guess.

All drugs aren't bad, some drugs can be bad for your health and mind but certainly not all drugs are bad.

I never said all users will fall to their doom! Actually I specifically remember saying that this was not what I meant. Read my posts before you decide to quote them and post in this "i am superior to you" way of posting that you are doing. Why should I re-evaluate my views? They are just a view and if you actually did read my posts (which I dont think you did well enough) you can see that I am not trying to force those views on anyone. It isn't the point of this thread.

You really haven't read my posts at all have you? If you don't think I have reasonable arguements to back my feelings then just don't reply to this thread, I won't take you seriously. You didn't read my posts but then decided to criticize them.

Last edited:
canaana said:
It's statements like that which make people think you are a misinformed drug user. Of course, you could be referring to "ecstacy" which is a different chemical from MDMA, but that is why smart drug users test their drugs...

I may be mistaken, but did you not previously say that you wanted drugs to be legalized....

You should also know, if you're so well informed, that not all drugs effect dopamine, or if you somehow thought that dopamine could be used to describe the thousands of neurotransmitters in the brain, that not all drugs are addictive, and with a good drug user's sense of moderation, that even classically "severely addictive" drugs can be used without ending in problems...
What do you mean referring to ecstacy? Almost anything can have a bad batch! Weed laced with pcp, heroin laced with other depressants.
Smart users test their drugs eh? So everyone who is a "smart user" on this forum goes through and tests their drugs before taking them? I am pretty sure that a lot of people don't test their drugs but are still "smart" drug users on this board.

I did say that I wanted drugs legalized. Even though I think they are bad for your health, I still think it's the user's decision if they want to do drugs or not. Can't I have an inbetween decision in the debate on drugs? Or does everyone just assume that you either have to be pro-drugs or anti-drugs.

I never said that all drugs effect dopamine, but a lot of them do.

Sorry I didn't get around to everyone else's posts but I will in a few hours, I have to leave right now.

Hey Spunky,

I really liked your report. I think writing to yourself was a great idea so you could record what you were feeling to relax and also for reflection on the experience. I often wish I would record my experiences but I never end up getting around to it. I only wish weed didn't make me so lazy and forgetful.

Plus I can really relate to the panic you felt. I've been there before-- on mushrooms no less. Seems like you kept your composure together pretty well, though. Having a bad reaction in class would definately freak me out.

Sounds like in the end it was a worthwhile experience for you. You wrote a nice retrospective summary.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
Who ever said I was out to save the world? I'm just telling a story that has a lesson learned at the end but people have difficulties agreeing with parts of it.

Yes sorry about the chemistry mistake I guess.

All drugs aren't bad, some drugs can be bad for your health and mind but certainly not all drugs are bad.

I never said all users will fall to their doom! Actually I specifically remember saying that this was not what I meant. Read my posts before you decide to quote them and post in this "i am superior to you" way of posting that you are doing. Why should I re-evaluate my views? They are just a view and if you actually did read my posts (which I dont think you did well enough) you can see that I am not trying to force those views on anyone. It isn't the point of this thread.

You really haven't read my posts at all have you? If you don't think I have reasonable arguements to back my feelings then just don't reply to this thread, I won't take you seriously. You didn't read my posts but then decided to criticize them.

How much adderall are you on now? In your rushed, manic response you managed to ask me four times in one paragraph to read your posts! Settle down...do you have a bite stick so you don't harm yourself?

I don't recall saying I was 'superior' than you, although I certainly have far more life experience than you....just simply because I have been on this earth almost twice as long as you are. I also never claimed your were trying t 'force' your views on anything. Read my post and lay off the stimulants kid! ;)

morninggloryseed said:
How much adderall are you on now? In your rushed, manic response you managed to ask me four times in one paragraph to read your posts! Settle down...do you have a bite stick so you don't harm yourself?

I don't recall saying I was 'superior' than you, although I certainly have far more life experience than you....just simply because I have been on this earth almost twice as long as you are. I also never claimed your were trying t 'force' your views on anything. Read my post and lay off the stimulants kid! ;)

How did I rush my response? This is an internet forum and don't think you can see the speed at which I type, so if you think I rushed it that is just the way you read it.

How do you how old I am? Never once have I revealed my age in this thread and I never specified that I was in high school.
There is always this sense of superiority that people like you get because
a) You have more than 9,000 posts so that makes you know everything
b) for some reason you think you are older than me.

And also, you implied that you thought I am trying to force my views on people. Especially with that jackass statement of yours "before you go out and save the world", something like that I dont remember the excact words.

IF you have to ask to get a drink of water, and wait until the person before you gets back, youre not in college. Youre in highschool, dont be stupid.

Sorry for the double post, but MGS is right (about the subjective experienceor yours to others). People dont have to say their age. We can tell by the way youre acting. Like a defensive child.

Last edited: