Using Steroids To Stimulate Facial Hair Growth

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hi guys, this is my first post on this discussion board.

I really want to grow a beard - a bushy beard (several inches long) - but I can't seem to be able to. My mustache grows to about half-an-inch, I get a little less than an inch under my chin, and I get nice, fluffy side-burns. I only get a few "sprinkles" of hair on the sides of my face around my lower jaw (the area between the sidebruns and chin) and I get NOTHING under my mouth between the little area where my soul-patch grows. Let me just also add that other members of my immediately family CAN grow a beard - I guess I'm just a late bloomer.

I'm a 19 year old male (Irish, English, and Italian)

So - I read that one side-effect of steroid-use is "increased facial hair growth". So, is it posssible for me to start a steroid regimen to catalyze a somewhat significant incease in my hair growth?

[note: I'm listing all my questions but don't take it the wrong way and think that I expect you to do my research for me - I just want whatever guidance you guys can provide]

More specifically, will the steroids...

...increase the length of my facial hair?

...initiate the growth of my facial hair in areas that don't have facial hair yet (also: make MORE strands of hair grow in areas that already have it, or THICKEN It)

Will the effect be permanent? Will the steroids simply catalyze my hair-growth and I can be done with them?

What kinds of steroids will I need to take and in what doses?

Will they make me go bald?

Will they turn me into a girl? [I don't mean that literally - I'm very concerned about the side-effects and I've yet to fully grasp the concept that they can be used responsibly]

Well, that about covers all my questions I guess - any answers to them would be appreciated, thanks! I'm glad to be a part of this knowledgeable community!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro I'm almost 30 years old and a "late bloomer" like yourself. I have been using AAS for over 14 years and not until I reached 1200mg of testosterone each week did my facial hair finally begin to fill in.

First, YES steroids will increase facial hair growth its called Androgenic effects. Did yknow they will also make your hair fallout, potential MAJOR acne development all over your back and shoulders, enlarge your heart, enlarge your prostate, and make you grow tits?

Second, NO one wants to answer all those questions, go figure out the answers yourself theyve all been answered here.

Third, your idea is retarded. I do not recommend it, or condone it at all. Its rediculous. I think you need to grow up mentally alot more before you try and grow up physically. Get real. This would be officially the stupidest reason ive ever seen somone want to potentially jeopardize their health with steroids for.

^ I agree..

its not going to make your facial hair grow thicker without giving you all kinds of other side effects.

I found applying Rogaine to the sides of my face brought out the growth. Just a small amount twice per day. Just an idea.

care to elaborate on teh rogaine thing? before/after length/density, dosage, your age, etc?

I'm in the same boat as the op. I'm 23, and just had a weak mustache, some hair on my chin, and a tiny amount where sideburns should be.... I just finished a cycle of halodrol, and it DID increase the growth (as I was hoping it would - no, that wasn't any part of my reasons for taking that 'cycle'). The increased growth, despite how cool i found it to be, was extremely minimal. There are now sparse hairs connecting, very lightly, my chin to my mini sideburn patch. So, no, cycles will probably be about the dumbest approach you can take. Sure, if you run crazy amounts of gear for a while, you may get the growth in your facial hair you're looking for (tho i suspect you'll still be disappointed), but think of how much gear / how long you'd have to run it. If you think you'll run a 2 month, basic cycle, and all of a sudden have a beard, think again

Having had acne as a kid, big cystic lumps on my cheeks mainly the scarring left the area unpopulated with hairs. Also, couple that with a 5AR deficiencey and an inability to deal with DHT in high amounts (it manifests as cluser headaches) My beard was a laughable sight.

I used the Rogaine at 1/4ml twice per day on the bare areas and within 3 months had noticeable growth. Unlike its usage to correct MPB I also found that once I stopped using it the hairs remained. Now 2g of test prop per week and im the hairiest dude on the planet! Unfortunately none on the top of my head. HTH

kingprop said:
Having had acne as a kid, big cystic lumps on my cheeks mainly the scarring left the area unpopulated with hairs. Also, couple that with a 5AR deficiencey and an inability to deal with DHT in high amounts (it manifests as cluser headaches) My beard was a laughable sight.

I used the Rogaine at 1/4ml twice per day on the bare areas and within 3 months had noticeable growth. Unlike its usage to correct MPB I also found that once I stopped using it the hairs remained. Now 2g of test prop per week and im the hairiest dude on the planet! Unfortunately none on the top of my head. HTH
i was gonna pm you but the OP already got quite a definitive answer anyways, so hopefully they won't mind me asking off topic q's some more.

Kingprop, you say this growth stayed after ceasing the treatment. I guess I'd expect it to, since it's growth that was probably on the way anyways, being the opposite of mpb. But when you say it stayed, do you mean it just didn't fall out, or do you mean you were able to shave it, and then it would grow back? I'll be (after some more background/safety reserach) grabbing that stuff crazy soon if you were actually able to shave and everything, just like you sped up nature. Don't think it'd be worth it if once i shaved i was barely able to get sideburns again.

Yes, it definately sped up the process and the hair is thick and wirey just the same as the other areas. Try it mate, one bottle is all you'll need as it'll last ages.

okay, but if i buy that stuff, use it for a while, *stop* using it, and shave the hair i grew with it, what happens? Does hair continue to grow despite the absence of rogaine? Or will i be able to grow hair in those new spots from there on out?

You should visit a doctor. You could have a hormone imbalance or for some genetic reason have delayed puberty.

Most likely though your genetics are responsible for the lack of hair in certain areas. Taking steroids may alter these genetics.

The best steroid to use would be without a doubt plain ole Testosterone. Test gives me disgusting bodyhair growth. Fortunately the growth does not continue after a cycle, so when I WAX off the body hair post cycle, it never grows back until I take another cycle. Shaving dont work obviously, but the waxing does as long as its a proper waxing as in total hair root removal not some shitty waxing where just rips off the above skin hair. This why I recommend you get waxed at a salon and NOT do it yourself or your girlfriend because there is certain technique required to get the most hair roots removed in one go. Usually I have to still get waxed twice cause some does not get the roots pulled just breaks off and so those hairs will grow back, the ones with total root removal are gone until next cycle.

Its NASTY bodyhair too, really really coarse, as another poster said 'wirey' as in its all curly and just totally abnormal shape and feel, more like pubic hair than head hair, really sparsely distributed, grows really really long (3+ inches if unshaved before it stops growing any longer, WTF!). Not a pretty sight, at all.

Thankgod for hot asian chicks at the salon to wax a boy up... especially that one who wears the white pants that are so damn thin of fabric you can see her pink thong through them when she bends over to shampoo my hair.... ohhh man I need a haircut.

bingalpaws said:
care to elaborate on teh rogaine thing? before/after length/density, dosage, your age, etc?

I'm in the same boat as the op. I'm 23, and just had a weak mustache, some hair on my chin, and a tiny amount where sideburns should be.... I just finished a cycle of halodrol, and it DID increase the growth (as I was hoping it would - no, that wasn't any part of my reasons for taking that 'cycle'). The increased growth, despite how cool i found it to be, was extremely minimal. There are now sparse hairs connecting, very lightly, my chin to my mini sideburn patch. So, no, cycles will probably be about the dumbest approach you can take. Sure, if you run crazy amounts of gear for a while, you may get the growth in your facial hair you're looking for (tho i suspect you'll still be disappointed), but think of how much gear / how long you'd have to run it. If you think you'll run a 2 month, basic cycle, and all of a sudden have a beard, think again

bingalpaws said:
okay, but if i buy that stuff, use it for a while, *stop* using it, and shave the hair i grew with it, what happens? Does hair continue to grow despite the absence of rogaine? Or will i be able to grow hair in those new spots from there on out?

Yes, it brings out the growth where needed and it stays with you. Well it did with me.

the hair stayed after you stopped using the rogaine, or the hair stayed after rogaine was ceased and you had shaved it away? If i'm gonna grow hair on my face that i'll lose the first time i shave it off, if it doesn't come back, then there's not much point. If i can use a bottle or two of rogaine, and from then on have growing facial hair even once i'm off the rogaine, it's a great idea.

Once the hair follicle was evident, it stayed for ever producing hair even when the Rogaine was ceased.

awesome!!!!!!!!! hell ya, think i'm gonna need to try this, i found a couple other accounts similar to yours, so this has some potential. Was the growth thick, or the 'peach fuzz' thinner type?

Thick, as mentioned above almost pube like, then my hair is very coarse anyways.

well, i just grabbed the CVS generic version. 5% solution, only $19.99, should last a while (given how little of an area i'm working with). I'll report back in a while once i see results, i'm prolly gonna start using tonight or real soon

how long did it take to start? I had to work all goddamned day today (retail at this time of year sucks), but will start tomorrow. I read the instructions, and they mention you'll likely 'see results in 2 months', but i dunno if they mean the full results rogaine will provide, or the first signs of growth. Either way, i doubt it'll take as long for an early 20's guy to grow sideburns as it would a balding guy getting back his crown (i'm just doing the upper sideburns off the bat). So how long did it take fromwhen you started using it til when you actually had something coming out? (btw, thanks for the idea, i'm really psyched for this to work, i've always hated that i couldn't grow facial hair...)